+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Should History be taught in school?

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should History be taught in school?

I am a big supporter of history and I definitely think that it should be taught in schools.............
    To learn about the past and the ancient civilizations and everything in between can be quite interesting
    My major in my university id actually Ancient Greek and Roman studies and I find that subject fascinating.........
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think histroy should be taught if its told from both side not just one
    side ,take the civil war the school teach the war was started over
    salvery that view is frm the north becuase thwy won ,they dont show you the
    other side view which was said to be over rising peies in goods like cotton
    and stuff ,so the war was politaacl nit just about slavery whic not ever kid
    knows about becuase schools are one sided.

so yes it should be took out if they cant actually show both sides perspectives
    because histery isnt one sided is about everyone involved so they need to
    teac the hole history or not teach it at all
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i do belive History to be taught in school... i really injoyed the subjct ( i left it for art....)

and i find what happened quite intresting my fav was the world wars the vicotryen times and irish history ^^ it rocked...

but as im saying eveyone should know abet about hitsory ... if u didnt know that u wouldnt know were u came orginaly from ect.... so it comes in handy to know about ur histoy your famile histoy and somtimes in the classes u can look up about urs for a srap book ( we did like a comp like that in class last year and the year before in school im came first lol ><)
    and ur kinda right there no one reallyknows thats why they find things to link it to a fact that it could be true in the war to know what happened they whent and found dirys ect ... to know whats happened to link it so somthing else to make it into a chain and also that poeple documnt it so it can b known

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

well i want to add onto my post

i was at a friend's house and being rushed

i think that it should be taught for so long then in like 10th grade around we should have it for just electives as well as math

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urlovelyassassin View Post
    well considering the fact that we dont give a **** 'said by my friend' i dont think it should i mean

come on do we really need to know?

i think it should be an elective
    AN ELECTIVE??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Just because a majority of the people you know don't give a damn, that doesn't make your friends the majority of the public. I don't care who you are, where you come from or how old you are: HISTORY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT as math, english and sciences.

Without a knowledge of the past, we wouldn't progress as human beings. We wouldn't learn from our past mistakes, we'd keep voting dumbasses for president, and would CONSTANTLY be at war for no good reason at all. Our education wouldn't be complete, you wouldn't know how this country came to be, you wouldn't know ANYTHING about pivotal points in our country's history and you wouldn't even have known there was slavery here--let alone several civil rights movements!]

Those who say that history isn't important--or simply put, that they don't give a flyin' f***--shouldn't even bother going to school, because you're refusing to learn.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

bbZuSh (Dec 17, 2007)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    AN ELECTIVE??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Just because a majority of the people you know don't give a damn, that doesn't make your friends the majority of the public. I don't care who you are, where you come from or how old you are: HISTORY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT as math, english and sciences.

Without a knowledge of the past, we wouldn't progress as human beings. We wouldn't learn from our past mistakes, we'd keep voting dumbasses for president, and would CONSTANTLY be at war for no good reason at all. Our education wouldn't be complete, you wouldn't know how this country came to be, you wouldn't know ANYTHING about pivotal points in our country's history and you wouldn't even have known there was slavery here--let alone several civil rights movements!]

Those who say that history isn't important--or simply put, that they don't give a flyin' f***--shouldn't even bother going to school, because you're refusing to learn.

I agree.

History does matter. It has been said that he who controls the past controls the future. Our view of history shapes the way we view the present, and therefore it dictates what answers we offer for existing problems.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    I agree.

History does matter. It has been said that he who controls the past controls the future. Our view of history shapes the way we view the present, and therefore it dictates what answers we offer for existing problems.
    That's exactly right! With no knowledge of the past, you can never have a firm grip on the future. Not knowing your past is not knowing yourself--or the world for that matter.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

and that is why it should not only be taught it should be taught in terms of causality. This happened and this, this, and this were the result. These things were happening at the same times and effected each other. Nothing happens in a vacuum. Once we understand that and just what results tend to be we can understand our world so much better and cease to be surprised by the inevitable.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast