+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Should History be taught in school?

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Should History be taught in school?

yes i think it is important to learn were we came from and what happened when we did we cant just say lets forget about it that would be cruel to the people of that time.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    I coming into this form late however I wish I had found this early though. I'v been gone working for some time now.
    I recall that the form starter and many other had posted that history is writen from victors of whatever the subject to better them selfs. To me that just sounds redundent.
    First of all if I won a war why would I change what happened.
    Why would I tell a lie if I won, if I had lost I would like to beleve I was out numbered insted of out classed.
    The truth is that history is not only to pervent misstakes but to teach us what we have also lerned, were people came from, how they did this for good or bad, were they went and why, so that we can do the same if not better.
    History is apart of ower ways as well ower very lifes that were are living right now.
    Ask yourself, wear were you were born, wear you went to school, wear you had fun with you friends and who were thoughs friends.
    The history book that were read yes in fact hand been writen by one and that one has the power to change the truth in the words, however this book of history was never ment to be a bible, just a book of infomation never to be worshiped.
    Well said. The textbook means nothing. The knowledge is EVERYTHING.

Nobody said that the history textbook is infallable, nor did anyone say that all history books are accurate, BUT I do believe that the knowledge you aqqcuire from the class itself, is invaluable. Even outside of the classroom, everything has a history--including yourself. History class simply teaches how to log the past to learn from it and prepare for the future. Screw the books, just learn your past so you're not doomed to repeat it.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

History should be taught because yes the imformation is sometimes a victim to lies but, it is important to know stuff just in case...i dunno just, just in case! also the plus to learning history is that it takes up sometime in the school hours, so you don't have to do other things like R.E learing about other gods, well everyone knows that if you belive in god theirs only one!

History: Slietly helpful

R.E: Not helpful in anyway and never will be...

Well thats just an opinion but we know it's right

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to keep this one simple because it doesn't have to be complicated.
    History is necessary.
    It is why we are as advanced as we are because humans live in a world far beyond their comprehension they must work through trial and error. If humanity did not keep track of it's mistakes then we'd never learn (as is noted from the governments that discard history).

... and join my rebellion against time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6