Closed Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 121 to 128 of 145

Thread: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

  1. #121
    Shu
    Shu is offline
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    oh and shu since you said my facts weren't evidence, let me give you some
    The genes a man gets from his mother and father may play an important role in determining whether he is gay or not, according to a new study likely to reignite the "gay gene" debate.

    yea ummmm does that include lesbians too? umm NO.

    Those previous studies looked only at the genes located on the X chromosome. Genes on this chromosome are only passed to a son from his mother. But this study examined genetic information on all chromosomes, including genes from the father.

    yea ummm.....still no lesbians.

    The findings show that identical stretches of DNA on three chromosomes were shared by about 60% of gay brothers in the study compared to the about 50% normally expected by chance.

    ohhh interesting aND SURPRISING!!

    "Since sexual orientation is such a complex trait, we're never going to find any one gene that determines whether someone is gay or not," says Mustanski. "It's going to be a combination of various genes acting together as well as possibly interacting with environmental influences."

    oh oh oh wait wait wait, YOU SEE!

    now umm i have to say if iwere to argue with these people it woun't be nice. NO GENE CAN DERTIME IF ONE IS GAY OR NOT! you are influenced by enviormental surroundings also said in the statement above. but i dissagree that you can turn gay by genetics. thats just crazy to me.
    people are influenced by surrounding. and if it applies to males, where asre the lesbians?
    they arent born gay?

    hypothalymus! this point has already been discussed!

    what have you proven here? you can copy and paste some useless information!? well bravo.

  2. #122
    Shu
    Shu is offline
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    The difference is those that do that aren't really gay, there doing it to sir up Shi*, or just doing it for the hell of it. They aren't truly attracted to that person. Being gay isn't a fad its a way of life, its who they are.
    exactly. people make it out like its some weird fad or some bizarre occurance. its not. to gay people, its a natural way of life, just like being straight is to straight people.

  3. #123
    Newbie Thelonious is off to a good start Thelonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    It is not a right and it is not about the parents. It is about the kids and what is best for them. Get over it.
    I'm in no conflict with that statement. Is that what you are arguing about? Certainly adoption is priveledge for everyone and all parents are considered for the priveledge in a case by case situation. I'm saying I dont think homosexuality is a reason to deny someone this priveledge, and I don't think it should be a diminishing factor in the decision making process. I think the heart of the issue here is whether to look at homosexuality as a negative trait. If people didn't think it was then they wouldn't care if gay parents led to gay kids.

  4. #124
    Shu
    Shu is offline
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    So what? As science doesn't have an answer, only a lot of people with theories based on their personal beliefs, why not believe in what you know. It's what those who support it are doing aren't they?

    You know, you guys really have been jerks to her. KimiFemi did express her beliefs and explained why she believed it. Just because you don't agree with her reasons doesn't mean you should jump on her for them. There is absolutely nothing weak about saying "I don't believe it" especially when there are so many people ready to accuse her of repressing rights because of it.
    science does have an answer. why dont you look at some previous posts by frr vegeta, or simply look it up yourself.

    jump on her? i started debating and she started freakin out like i was attacking her just because she didnt like the things i was saying. its not being a jerk, its called debating.

    she cannot argue with belief as her only support; you need fact. i dont give a damn what she believes religiously, i dont give a damn what i believe religiously, or anyone else. all we have is fact.

    think of medicine. god is a healer, right? well if you need your appendix out, meaning itll rupture and youll die if you dont get it out, what will you do: go with your belief that god will save you, or go with fact that the doctors will take it out and save you?

    if she cant take it, she should avoid this section. its called "debate and discuss", not "start freaking out when people disagree with me"

  5. #125
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    The difference is those that do that aren't really gay, there doing it to sir up Shi*, or just doing it for the hell of it. They aren't truly attracted to that person. Being gay isn't a fad its a way of life, its who they are.
    Prove it. It is impossible to show. It's also convenient. After all if you can claim that anyone who changes their mind was never really gay then you don't have to admit it can be a behavior choice. Yet last I checked anyone who indulged in homosexual behavior is considered homosexual.

    I guess if an alcoholic manages to go dry then he was never a "real" alcoholic either. Eh? And all those people who binged on alcohol every weekend because they thought it was cool never really drank anything? Either way the results the same.

    Opinion Miroku, it's all opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    science does have an answer. why dont you look at some previous posts by frr vegeta, or simply look it up yourself.
    take the time to look at my previous responses and you will see I have already addressed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    jump on her? i started debating and she started freakin out like i was attacking her just because she didnt like the things i was saying. its not being a jerk, its called debating.
    No, it's not called debating. It is called name calling and she called you on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    she cannot argue with belief as her only support; you need fact. i dont give a damn what she believes religiously, i dont give a damn what i believe religiously, or anyone else. all we have is fact.
    Except we don't have fact we have multiple hypothesis that have yet to be proven (which she mentioned). If you take the time to look up the actual research you will discover that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    if she cant take it, she should avoid this section. its called "debate and discuss", not "start freaking out when people disagree with me"
    Yes, because this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    i didnt see anyone bashing your opinion. and youre not my mother, dont tell me what i can and cant do.
    Is so mature.

    Like KimiFemi however I see no reason to repeat myself or argue with your opinion. You have made it quite clear that you believe that anyone who doesn't believe the media spin and popular scientific hypothesis is weak and foolish. Really, at that point what more is there to say unless you are prepared to do the same thing you wanted her to do and show some actual proof. If you don't have any all it is is your opinion vs her opinion which was, I believe, her point.

    However, and I am going to say this one last time, it doesn't matter. That isn't the issue. The issue is adoption not whether or not homosexuality is a choice.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  6. #126
    Shu
    Shu is offline
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Prove it. It is impossible to show. It's also convenient. After all if you can claim that anyone who changes their mind was never really gay then you don't have to admit it can be a behavior choice. Yet last I checked anyone who indulged in homosexual behavior is considered homosexual.

    I guess if an alcoholic manages to go dry then he was never a "real" alcoholic either. Eh? And all those people who binged on alcohol every weekend because they thought it was cool never really drank anything? Either way the results the same.

    Opinion Miroku, it's all opinion.

    take the time to look at my previous responses and you will see I have already addressed it.

    No, it's not called debating. It is called name calling and she called you on it.

    Except we don't have fact we have multiple hypothesis that have yet to be proven (which she mentioned). If you take the time to look up the actual research you will discover that.

    Yes, because this:
    Is so mature.

    Like KimiFemi however I see no reason to repeat myself or argue with your opinion. You have made it quite clear that you believe that anyone who doesn't believe the media spin and popular scientific hypothesis is weak and foolish. Really, at that point what more is there to say unless you are prepared to do the same thing you wanted her to do and show some actual proof. If you don't have any all it is is your opinion vs her opinion which was, I believe, her point.

    However, and I am going to say this one last time, it doesn't matter. That isn't the issue. The issue is adoption not whether or not homosexuality is a choice.

    -firstly, its not a choice. if you were gay, youd know. ask someone whos gay and see what they say.

    -name calling? can someone please tell me where in any of my posts i called anyone a name? please, id like you to please please show me where.

    -media spin? hypothesis? Library - Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues

    read. everything ive said has been tested at the very least, or is fact. facts do not come out of the bible.

    -and to end it, im not the one who changed the subject, she did. and you jumped to her defense to drag everything out.

    EDIT: actually, heres the post she was talking about-

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    i dont know, you seem to be so attached to this weak oppinion which has yet to give any reason why gays shouldnt be allowed to adopt. all you say is "its morally wrong".

    by whose standards? yours? what difference does it make for your standards, youre not the one doing the adopting. it wont change your life one bit, yet youre so strongly against gay people and gay adoption, and your only reference is the bible, rather than science.

    again, failure to do research. or you just cant read. either way, its not worth the time to argue with someone who is accusing me of something theyre guilty of.


    after reading your posts, all you seem to do is try to inform us what homosexuality is, saying its a fad and all this other bs; but then coming back and acusing me of the same thing youre guilty of.

  7. #127
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    -firstly, its not a choice. if you were gay, youd know. ask someone whos gay and see what they say.
    As a matter of fact I have read and seen testaments by people who were considered gay who have said the exact opposite. Opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    read. everything ive said has been tested at the very least, or is fact. facts do not come out of the bible.
    Opinion, not fact. There is not consensus on the very item you have used as an example within the field. These are the same people who released a publication saying that adult child sexual relationships are actually healthy. You will pardon me if I don't take them seriously especially when I have taken the time to look up the actual results of the studies done. Can you say the same thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    -and to end it, im not the one who changed the subject, she did. and you jumped to her defense to drag everything out.
    Not at all. She said she didn't believe in adoption by homosexuals and gave her reason why then you came along and ridiculed her just as you are still doing just because her belief is based on religion, on her faith. Well you have faith that the hypothesis proposed and researched for any number of years and still has yet to find proof is true. I don't see any difference between you other then her willingness to accept your difference of opinion.

    I jumped in as you put it because bullying disgusts me, especially on forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    after reading your posts, all you seem to do is try to inform us what homosexuality is, saying its a fad and all this other bs; but then coming back and acusing me of the same thing youre guilty of.
    Then you aren't reading very well. I said it is unproven and a matter of opinion. I have yet to see you say anything of the sort but only ridicule anyone who doesn't believe in the same thing you do.

    There are a lot of unproven scientific theories I don't believe in. Until you can give me proof I see no reason that opinion should be used to change standards based on proven knowledge of the needs of the children in question.

    Incidentally there is one study I know of that is ongoing and thorough looking into long term results. It's the only one I have read on children raised in homosexual households that doesn't have the flaws that have been complained about by others in the field. Personally I am waiting to see what they find. It will be a few years but it should be interesting.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  8. #128
    Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,736
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

    Homosexuals and transgendered people should be allowed to adopt.

    There, that's my opinion thrown into the mix. The only thing different about a couple of the same sex? Is that they're the same-sex and society cant handle anything different. Heh, but our adoption agencies are FULL. I'd love for the day that Florida allows gay couples to adopt a child. I mean, if they fit all of the requirements as a heterosexual couple? Let them have their pride and joy. a child.

    Our government is cruel. To take away the only thing that homosexuals cant do.
    Seduced by Flesh


Closed Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Username changes and why they aren't allowed
    By Sinistra in forum Announcements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Sep 27, 2006, 11:55 AM
  2. Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Marry?
    By Fantasyprince in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: May 27, 2006, 03:39 PM
  3. What is allowed?
    By Zdenek in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2006, 12:02 PM
  4. Is Hentai Allowed? Just asking
    By xxbothearaxx in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Apr 01, 2005, 05:35 PM
  5. homosexuals
    By linx88 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Mar 28, 2005, 05:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts