Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: should gays be able to adopt

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    Yeah, I understand. But they could turn gay it can happen and they can be straight too. If there parents are racist they shouldn't listen to them it's all about what they think not what their hateful parents think.
    Exactly. It CAN happen. You never know. Which is why descriminating against homosexuals is rediculous. It is just another way to start problems, and cause issues.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion the children will turn out to be broad minded. Since they have been living with homosexual parents, they might either turn out like them or be straight with better point of views. How long do these type of marriages last anyways?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Just because their parents are gay, does not mean that they will turn out just like them.
    In most cases they wont turn gay, but you never know. Think about when you were growing up, and all you had as a role model for what a couple is gay parents, and all you see is Man/Man or Women/Women. Couldn't that be instilled in you sub-consciously as what you should do when you grow up?

Also kids need a male role model or on the other side a womans nurturing. So no i dont think they should adopt. But then again its better than abusive parents.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

Okay, I have been going by what I think is just. Just to the couple, and just to the kid who will be taken in by the loving couple. But now I have to say what is on my mind. I think that a gay couple should be allowed the same rights as any other couple in America or throughout the world. If they want to get married, then get married. If they want to have parades just like any other parade out there, then go ahead. But I don't think children should be exposed to that type of behavior. That type of behavior being malexmale, or femalexfemale. Children should be brought up and learn that women and men is how it should be. That women and men is how it originally was. That if we start getting all these gay couples everywhere, how in the world will we continue to reproduce?

Really thinking about the children.. I don't think they should be brought up like that. But I know a gay couple who have a son who is in the fourth grade, and he is being raised better than any other kid I've seen. So I can't just say that it isn't right for a gay couple to adopt. But I honestly believe that this isn't how it should be. A child should have both a mother and a father. But it's ALL RIGHT if he or she does not.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think so. The kids will turn gay and that is not a good thing. Some people are crazy enough to molest them. They shouldn't be able to adopt kids. IMO.
    Why is it not a good thing if the child turns out gay? anyways, liked already mentioned in reply to your post, not all turn out gay like the 'parents'

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    In most cases they wont turn gay, but you never know. Think about when you were growing up, and all you had as a role model for what a couple is gay parents, and all you see is Man/Man or Women/Women. Couldn't that be instilled in you sub-consciously as what you should do when you grow up?

Also kids need a male role model or on the other side a womans nurturing. So no i dont think they should adopt. But then again its better than abusive parents.
    This post made me think, and to an extent I agree, But for some reason in today's society I don't think that it is necassary for children to have a male or female role model. Look at all the single parents out there?

I don't see anything wrong with homosexuals abopting. Nothing at all, infact I don't see any difference between them and heterosexual couples ( besides the obvious). I think that they should be able to adopt, just like everyone else is allowed to. I don't see why they should be denied the right to start a family.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think so. The kids will turn gay and that is not a good thing. Some people are crazy enough to molest them. They shouldn't be able to adopt kids. IMO.

That logic doesn't work, because how would you explain a gay child being born to a straight couple? Using a reason like that, you can't, because it's saying straight couple=raising straight kids, gay couple=raising gay kids.....but homosexual people are born by straight couples, and the people I know who are gay have a loving mom and dad....

As for the molesting part....I forget where I read it (I'll try and find the article....I actually believe it might have been in an Anglican newspaper I read that just recently wrote about homosexuality and molestation) but the majority of people that molest children define themselves as being straight.

ANY molester shouldn't be allowed to adopt a kid though....that goes without saying.

Honestly, there's enough crappy straight parents out there that shouldn't be allowed to have kids, yet they still have them...If you're going to ban people from adopting kids just because of the sexual orientation of the parents, then the government should immediately take away kids from parents who are actually BAD parents, no matter what the orientation.

I mean, the government does take custody of children if parents are extremely unfit, but there's so much that flies under the radar, or that they don't act upon unless it's a dire situation, like the parents are drugged out, jobless, beat the kids, neglect the kids, etc....

But even just having ONE of those attributes in a straight couple can screw the kid up for life. One girl I went to school with was pretty much on her own from day one...her parents aren't a backbone of support for her, and it's not that they've tried to teach her to be independant, she was just extremely neglected...

So if there's a gay couple who wants to adopt a child, and will love the child and care for it, then let them. Because there are A LOT of bad parents out there who are straight.

Yes, the child might face some issues in school (having two daddies, or two mommies...I think there's actually a childrens book out there with that title) but that requires a change of thought in society...In the education training up here in university's, etc, teaching students are taught about how to inform children to respect the differences of others, and are taught about specific reference to dealing with children about gay parents, so that the kids aren't made fun of....My sister is currently going in for her teaching practicum, so she has to go through all this training, about how to inform children about homosexual parents, and how to deal with it if children are made fun of....

But on that note, who ISN'T made fun of in school? You don't need to have gay parents to be singled out in school....No one I know has escaped from high school without having been made fun of or run into bullies along the way. If anything, this is just one more thing for bullies to make fun of, so it's not much of a difference as to what's currently happening. Even if you come from a low income straight family you're made fun of, because your parents don't make enough or whatever.......So having issues in school is not anything new.

So if a gay couple wants to adopt a child, and will look after it and care for it, let them. There's a whole lot more bad parents out there who are straight, who still have kids.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

In the education training up here in university's, etc, teaching students are taught about how to inform children to respect the differences of others, and are taught about specific reference to dealing with children about gay parents, so that the kids aren't made fun of....My sister is currently going in for her teaching practicum, so she has to go through all this training, about how to inform children about homosexual parents, and how to deal with it if children are made fun of....
    Unless this is also taught at home also, this training will never really work. The kids may nod and act like they agree, but when recess comes its a different story.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Unless this is also taught at home also, this training will never really work. The kids may nod and act like they agree, but when recess comes its a different story.
    In Australia, they've begun to integrate it at an early age. In their elementary school readers, sentences have begun to spring up (such as): "Jill and her two mummies planted a garden yesterday." "Cody and his two dads had a party." If they are exposed at an early enough age, children will come to accept it as part of life. There is, however, an uproar about whether or not it is ethical.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast