Closed Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Homosexuals be allowed to adopt?

I did some reading on this exact subject back in November for one of my seminars. In actuality several studies have already been done on this subject. One particularly large study conducted in the United Kingdom returned results of the overall self-esteem and the homosexuality turn-over rate amongst children who were either raised in a homosexual household or raised in a heterosexual household.

Firstly, interms of the percentage of children raised by homosexuals versus heterosexuals, there was no significant difference between either group or within groups when you looked at gay versus lesbian households. The only difference interms of homosexuality found was those raised in homosexual households were more open about their homosexuality than homosexuals raised in heterosexual households.

Also, with regards to self esteem and happiness and the like two findings surfaced. The children did tend to get a slight raise in the 'being made fun of' factor in early gradeschool but this diminished by the time they were in the 5th or 6th grade. When the children were looked at after adolescence (20's to early 30's) it was found that those raised in homosexual households actually reacted more positivly to peer criticism then those raised in heterosexual households. Differences in self-esteem once they reached this age were nonexistant in heterosexuals. However, homosexuals who were raised in homosexual households were found to have higher self esteem than homosexuals who were raised in heterosexual households. It was speculated to be due to the parents better understanding of the childs homosexuality and perhaps because of that better able to support the child as they adjusted.

Before reading that study (as well as 3 or 4 others conducted in the US and parts of Europe) I was very much against homosexuals raising children based on several beliefs. Those studies shattered my beliefs and I now see absolutly no reason to prevent a homosexual couple from adopting children (or getting children through other means such as IV fertilization with or without a 'donor' mother) so long as they fit the criteria that all other groups must fit (income stability for instance).

Actually now that I'm thinking more of that study.... if I remember correctly actually....when a heterosexual family was being interviewed when the 'child' reached his 20's to see how he was doing (again, self esteem and ect.) when asked about his sexuality his parents replied that he was heterosexual, he then turned to them and admitted that he was in fact homosexual, choosing that particular time to 'come out of the closet' must have been rather difficult for him I'm sure.

Otaku Angel_in_hell is off to a good start
    Thanks

that is sooo crazy. no amount of science can prove that a person is born gay. you turn gay by your surrounding and how you are raised. science or no science, you are NOT born gay.
    so you dbout science? can you be open minded? and tell me say you had a son/daughter and they came up to you one day and told you that they were gay how would you feel would you still treat them like u did when you dident know that they were gay or would you treat them diffrent? most ppl do treat them diffrent and thats why they need a kid is so that they have someone who will under stand and be there when they are sad! princesslady you need to learn to be open minded and and learn to trust science a little more! cuz there is something in the babys brain that is triggerd later on in life, and thats when they turn gay.

IN THE END IT DOSENT EVEN MATTER

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

alright, first i am open minded and yes i do doubt science. i look at things from all angles and if something is triggered in the babies brain for them to turn gay, tell me why only select people have "triggered" their inner gay?
    and if my child told me he or she was gay, god forbid, i would be in shock. i am christiN AND GOD SAID MAN AND WOMAN SHALL BE ONE. not two guys or girls. it'll be something i have to live with and i would be in soo much pain because i raised them well.

no,*turns to preacher* those who have their bibles turn to genisis first chapter.
    So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    ummm where do you see two males or females?
    and im not going religious just yet.... oh no ima wait. see science thinks you are born gay, but they are WRONG. you are adpated to your surroundings and how yo grow up. now hormone or chemical causes that.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

As I have said in previous homosexuality threads, there have been biologically based findings on homosexuality. Dissected brains of homosexual males had notable structural differences from heterosexual males. The hypothalamus of the homosexuals was smaller and had a different shape. The size and shape of the homosexual male's hypothalamus actually resembled the size and shape of a heterosexual female's hypothalamus.

Is it of much surprise that the hypothalamus has been found to be the primary source of the 'sex drive' in humans?

How could this happen? Well firstly your gender as you develop in your mother is not determined by your chromosomes or DNA, it is actually determined by what amounts of what hormones your mother releases into the womb. It is known that the brain and CNS develop at different times than your arms, legs, and even genetalia develop.

How does your mother's body choose what to release? This is what is based on your chromosomes and DNA. Basically the fetus releases chemicals which cause the mother to release her own set of chemicals which determines how the child will develop. However, because it operates in this way problems can occure. The mother releases her own sets of hormones based also on things happening to her in the outside world. If for some reason something causes her hormonal levels to fluctuate very early in pregnancy abnormalities in brain and CNS development can occur. If these levels fix themselves then the same abnormalities will not occur with the rest of development.

So, if during the first few weeks of pregnancy due to illness or trauma the levels of testosterone the mother is secreting drop drastically, the fetus will begin development as a girl, and the first things developed are the brain, heart, and CNS. It is believed that development is a one way street and once the signals are recieved and development has begun in one direction it cannot change, which is why it is believed that once the testosterone levels go back up, development in the rest of the child just beginning or not yet begun proceeds as male, however the brain and nervous system continue on as they started.

This leads to the psychological condition known as being gender dysphoric, or Gender Identity Disorder. And most of these individuals do indeed grow up with the body of one gender while feeling as if they are the other, even from early childhood.

I actually have a friend who is gender dysphoric, and knowing this person I can say that I believe it is a real condition...though I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a disorder.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

So princesslady just because you say so. We're suppose to ignore thousands of dollars of research. I'm not quite sure why most people aren't gay. We wouldn't have a healthy population if they were.

Anyway there was this black politician recently who was very religious and spoke out against homosexuality. His 18 or 19 year old daughter came out of the closet and announced she was lesbian. He stopped paying for her college etc.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

But when it comes down to it, does it really matter if it's a persons choice or if it is biological/ in the genes?

Either way they are still human. They still love each other - the same way a heterosexual couple does. The way society treats them is shocking.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Princesslady if you doubt science then you should stop taking medicines when you're sick, and if you're religious like you claim then you automatically contradict yourself.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

ohh nno not because i said so but because we have to put science with common sense. so let me put the bible down.

if we all had a gay gene that we were given to at birth then why have only the "specific" few triggered their "inner gay" and yes they wasted thousands of dollars. just like this pointless war.
    how can one be gay and millions are nnot? they triggered their inner gay gene and it them. why hasnt it hit us? answert that. if one person is born gay, what about the rest.

use common sesne science. use it.
    and sceince said jesus didnt die on the cross and stuff., man i stopped trusting science after that. oh and rushil i dont use medicine because your body soon adpats to it.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast