Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

I was watching the news about four or five days ago, and they were talking about this group of people somewhere in California (I believe it was, like San Fransisco) that was protesting. Thier goal: To get the government to give illegal immigrants rights in the US.

Now, I personally don't agree with them. They're called illegal immigrants for a reason. There's a system you have to go through to be considered legal in this country. And they think that just because they spent a certain amount of time in this country that they should have automatic rights here in the US. Well, how do WE know that they actually spent that time here, if they came here without us knowing? If you don't go through the red tape, you shouldn't be trying to stay here for the rest of your life.

That's what I think at least. What about you?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

I believe everyone should have basic human rights when it comes to life and death issues in terms of hospital treatment but ultimately there should be fair treatment amongst all, citizens and aliens. Now I said FAIR that does not mean EQUAL. If I as a citizen pay for health care, insurance, taxes, etc… then I should receive the benefits due me for them, if I don’t then I shouldn’t receive the benefits from them.

If I go through the requirements to become a citizen I should be treated with the rights that come with being a citizen. If I don’t become a citizen then I have to accept the rules of the governing faction and accept what is dealt to me within the fairness of human rights.

The problem with their argument for “rights” is that they don’t want to do anything to earn those rights, pay taxes? Yeah right…pay for medical expenses? Nope. Give them to me for free and let the hard working tax paying citizen’s deal with the cost is the motto I hear and per my argument I see nothing FAIR about that. Thus I say, no no very much NO.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; May 08, 2007 at 12:45 PM.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

I go with chiefblackhammer on this one... I think every human being deserve to have the rights of life and all that... however I don't think that illegal immigranst should have the same treatment as a legal immigrant or a citizen of the US.
    it is just not fair.
    I am an immigrant and I had to go to a looooong process to live and to reside here. I don't think that it is fair that someone that has broken the laws deserve to have the rights of those laws.....
    Plus illegal ppl don't contribute when speaking of taxes and what not... the should learn that in this life the things cost and that it is not a free deal thing....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

id say no. they dont belong to the country, so why would they have rights? theyre illegal immigrants.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I feel illegal immigrants should get treated fairly by American citizens (afterall, they are human beings also). But unfortunately, they are illegal immigrants, meaning they do not have the papers to come here. I know how hard it is for people from other countries to get papers, so I understand why they flee and start working here. However, the reality is that they are not American citizens.

So what do I think? I'm confused. I know family members who aren't legal, and I know friends who aren't legal citizens.. so it is hard to make a conclusion on this matter. Well, I say "why not?" They already live here, and probably have lived here most of their lives. Even so. They put their children in schools, they payed for the taxes, they worked to help out the community.. so why shouldn't they get something in return after all they've done for the US? Papers do not mean anything. It is just a government thing. If they've helped out the US in one way or another, why should they be denied the rights of a United States citizen?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I feel illegal immigrants should get treated fairly by American citizens (afterall, they are human beings also). But unfortunately, they are illegal immigrants, meaning they do not have the papers to come here. I know how hard it is for people from other countries to get papers, so I understand why they flee and start working here. However, the reality is that they are not American citizens.

So what do I think? I'm confused. I know family members who aren't legal, and I know friends who aren't legal citizens.. so it is hard to make a conclusion on this matter. Well, I say "why not?" They already live here, and probably have lived here most of their lives. Even so. They put their children in schools, they payed for the taxes, they worked to help out the community.. so why shouldn't they get something in return after all they've done for the US? Papers do not mean anything. It is just a government thing. If they've helped out the US in one way or another, why should they be denied the rights of a United States citizen?

How can you say they paid taxes, when they can't even FILE taxes???

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    How can you say they paid taxes, when they can't even FILE taxes???
    I know people who aren't legal who pay taxes. I don't know how they did it, but they did.

There's also another way they can become "legal", but it's illegal to it. You pay an American citizen $6000 for them to marry you. Then Bam! You are legal. People do it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    id say no. they dont belong to the country, so why would they have rights? theyre illegal immigrants.
    Then what about the case of Tourist, or visitors on a business Trip??? Just because their not US citizens doesn't mean that they don't have rights...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast