Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

So what do you tell the legal immigrants who's been waiting years to get their residency green card?!?! That they should have gone ahead and cheated like the illegals did???
    Yes.

They went by the rules, and that is just great. But life isn't fair sometimes.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree that illegial immagrants should have certain right that humans have and such...

but it is true, if there's no difference a citizen and an illegial citezen, then no one will want to bother anymore... my mom and sister cam over from Guatemala in 1980 and didn't become a full citizen until like 1998... it's a very tedious process... and expensive... you really have to put a lot of time into it and lots of people don't have the time or education to do it...

^_^ so, basic rights for me... i highly respect the work they do (i'm all for worker visas), but i understand that it makes it unfair for the people who are citizens... taxes are something that need to be paid becuz that's what pays for social security, police, fire depatment, hospitals, schools, everything... and it will be hard enough for our generation to even get social security from all the baby boomers sucking up to money (no offense guys! but there are a lot of you and the current political system doesn't care for the young kids... VOTE dammit! darn kids mumble mumble...)

however, i don't think hospitals close down becuz too many people are coming in with no insurance... i think it's the drug companies... but that's something completely different...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Yes.

They went by the rules, and that is just great. But life isn't fair sometimes.
    You can't use that whole "life isn't fair" deal when dealing with this topic. Yes, I agree life is seldom fair, but that doesn't make people coming here illegally right. We barley have enough resources for ourselves and legal immigrants, so why should someone who came here illegally get the same benefits as someone born here or someone who came here through the legal process?

So you can work; big deal. So an employer is shady and doesn't care where he gets workers from; Who cares?? You're still an illegal if you don't have a green card and a social security number. And if you were to have an emergency like--i dunno--say your house is on fire, or your daughter was kidnapped; you'd be turning yourself in as soon as you place that 911 call. INS would be on you like flies on shit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    You can't use that whole "life isn't fair" deal when dealing with this topic. Yes, I agree life is seldom fair, but that doesn't make people coming here illegally right. We barley have enough resources for ourselves and legal immigrants, so why should someone who came here illegally get the same benefits as someone born here or someone who came here through the legal process?

So you can work; big deal. So an employer is shady and doesn't care where he gets workers from; Who cares?? You're still an illegal if you don't have a green card and a social security number. And if you were to have an emergency like--i dunno--say your house is on fire, or your daughter was kidnapped; you'd be turning yourself in as soon as you place that 911 call. INS would be on you like flies on shit.
    Why should someone who came here illegally get the same benefits as someone born here or someone who came here through the legal process?

Because! They contribute to AMERICA'S GOVERNMENT just as much as legal immigrants and America-born citizens do. If they're doing the government's dirty work such as working for the public and paying taxes, why shouldn't they be accessed the privelages of a legal? Yes it would have been better for them to go through everything legally, but they didn't - so move on.

Now, I'm not saying that people from different countries should start coming over and purposely NOT getting papers and a green card so they can just "live in America!", but you should give those that did a break. Most likely they had no other choice. They came over here to better their lives. They're helping America out as well.. so it really doesn't matter.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Why should someone who came here illegally get the same benefits as someone born here or someone who came here through the legal process?

Because! They contribute to AMERICA'S GOVERNMENT just as much as legal immigrants and America-born citizens do. If they're doing the government's dirty work such as working for the public and paying taxes, why shouldn't they be accessed the privelages of a legal? Yes it would have been better for them to go through everything legally, but they didn't - so move on.

Now, I'm not saying that people from different countries should start coming over and purposely NOT getting papers and a green card so they can just "live in America!", but you should give those that did a break. Most likely they had no other choice. They came over here to better their lives. They're helping America out as well.. so it really doesn't matter.
    What do you mean, "why shouldn't they be accessed the priveliges of a legal?" You already know why... They shouldn't have been here illegally in the first place!!!

I can understand that they wanted to come here to better thier lives and the lives of thier loved ones; but if they wanted that SO BADLY, then they would've came here using the legal process. Nobody cares about where they came from, or even the quality of person they are; it's the simple fact that they came here illegally--therefore, they shouldn't be granted the rights of a citizen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I can understand that they wanted to come here to better thier lives and the lives of thier loved ones; but if they wanted that SO BADLY, then they would've came here using the legal process. Nobody cares about where they came from, or even the quality of person they are; it's the simple fact that they came here illegally--therefore, they shouldn't be granted the rights of a citizen.
    Not everyone can afford to come here legally. There are some countries that will kill you, or throw you in Jail if you leave. So they flee, trying to have a better life for themeselves and their loved ones. They do not have time to fill out paperwork and wait months. It's sometimes a matter of life and death, and I'm not overdoing it either. These cases actually happen with illegal immigrants.

Thanks

Not everyone can afford to come here legally. There are some countries that will kill you, or throw you in Jail if you leave. So they flee, trying to have a better life for themeselves and their loved ones. They do not have time to fill out paperwork and wait months. It's sometimes a matter of life and death, and I'm not overdoing it either. These cases actually happen with illegal immigrants.
    Believe me, I know exactly what you're talking about. But you're not gonna have a much better life if you just get deported right back to where you started.

If I were in that situation, I'd wait it out and go through it the legal way. Me personally, I can deal with hardship. Without hardship in life, a man has no character. Deal with what's goin' on until you can do it the legal way; that's what I say.

Besides, shouldn't people be concerned with maybe--I dunno--making things better in thier own country? Start a protest, a militia, something that would free you from the shackles of burden, oppression, poverty, or whatever the hell it may be you're trying to escape from. THEN, if all else fails, and your papers went through, you could come here.

That's the way I see it. Do it legal or don't do it at all, because what's the point of coming here only to get caught and sent back?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

You know for a very long time black people didn't have any rights. They were treated just like animals. And not giving illegal brown people the rights you give to everybody else is giving people permission to treat them like animals. Mexicans aren't animals they're human beings like you and me and they deserve to be treated like human beings. Giving them rights guarantees that they'll be respected as human beings. We don't need to repeat the mistakes of the past.

I remember another set of illegal immigrants. A few hundred years ago a group of people from Europe stole and occupied a land beloning to a nation of people.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast