Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 82

Thread: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

  1. #25
    is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mr. Foxie's Den...
    Posts
    1,695
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan
    illegal brown people
    ^o^ ahaahahaaahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa! i'm sorry... that was funny...

    anywho, people should have basic rights, that's obvious, the rift is how much rights they should have... personally, i think that if you're serious about living in the US, you should become a citizen, but if you just want to work and then later move back to your homeland, than just apply for a worker visa (one of the things i agreed with Bush on)

  2. #26
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    You know for a very long time black people didn't have any rights. They were treated just like animals. And not giving illegal brown people the rights you give to everybody else is giving people permission to treat them like animals. Mexicans aren't animals they're human beings like you and me and they deserve to be treated like human beings. Giving them rights guarantees that they'll be respected as human beings. We don't need to repeat the mistakes of the past.

    I remember another set of illegal immigrants. A few hundred years ago a group of people from Europe stole and occupied a land beloning to a nation of people.
    Yeah, but they weren't here illegally. They were forceably brought here, but not illegally.

  3. #27
    Shu
    Shu is offline
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

    Then what about the case of Tourist, or visitors on a business Trip??? Just because their not US citizens doesn't mean that they don't have rights...
    as i said, illegal immigrants are here illegally. hence the name. tourists are clearly here legally, so do deserve rights.

    its a question of legality, people.

  4. #28
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    You know for a very long time black people didn't have any rights. They were treated just like animals. And not giving illegal brown people the rights you give to everybody else is giving people permission to treat them like animals. Mexicans aren't animals they're human beings like you and me and they deserve to be treated like human beings. Giving them rights guarantees that they'll be respected as human beings. We don't need to repeat the mistakes of the past.

    I remember another set of illegal immigrants. A few hundred years ago a group of people from Europe stole and occupied a land beloning to a nation of people.
    Let's not compare apples and oranges now.

    I'm black (and white), and to be compared to Mexicans is kind of offensive (I'm not hatin' on Mexicans, in fact I love 'em). But, blacks were brought here not because they wanted to be here but because they had no choice in the matter.

    Blacks were persecuted for centuries!! We had to earn civil rights. Now, I'm not saying that illegal mexicans are bad people, and I never said that no human should have basic rights. But you still have to do things the right way if you want to have the benefits you so badly desire.


  5. #29
    Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    962
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yeah, but they weren't here illegally. They were forceably brought here, but not illegally.
    They were forcibly brought here but not illegally. Do you not see the irony in your statement? Anyway I'm not responsible for your lack of understanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Let's not compare apples and oranges now.

    I'm black (and white), and to be compared to Mexicans is kind of offensive (I'm not hatin' on Mexicans, in fact I love 'em). But, blacks were brought here not because they wanted to be here but because they had no choice in the matter.

    Blacks were persecuted for centuries!! We had to earn civil rights. Now, I'm not saying that illegal mexicans are bad people, and I never said that no human should have basic rights. But you still have to do things the right way if you want to have the benefits you so badly desire.
    The point I'm getting at is that the lack of rights justified white people treating black people as animals. And the lack of rights of illegal brown people gives people the right to treat them like animals.
    Basic rights? You mean like the basic rights George Washington and the rest of the colonial terrorist said Britain didn't give them so they rebelled?

    If you love Mexicans as much as you said. You need to realize 90 percent of Mexicans are descended from illegal ancestors. Alberto Gonzales the Attorney General is descended from illegal ancestors and it's not like I just said only one of a few who are.

    Do things the right way? Let me tell you the story of one illegal immigrant. He came here illegally. He worked illegally at McDonald's too. He was one of those Mexican's when you ordered a hamburger he had no idea what you were saying. Now he speaks perfect English with just an accent and works as a computer programmer.
    ____________________________________________

  6. #30
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    They were forcibly brought here but not illegally. Do you not see the irony in your statement? Anyway I'm not responsible for your lack of understanding.



    The point I'm getting at is that the lack of rights justified white people treating black people as animals. And the lack of rights of illegal brown people gives people the right to treat them like animals.
    Basic rights? You mean like the basic rights George Washington and the rest of the colonial terrorist said Britain didn't give them so they rebelled?

    If you love Mexicans as much as you said. You need to realize 90 percent of Mexicans are descended from illegal ancestors. Alberto Gonzales the Attorney General is descended from illegal ancestors and it's not like I just said only one of a few who are.

    Do things the right way? Let me tell you the story of one illegal immigrant. He came here illegally. He worked illegally at McDonald's too. He was one of those Mexican's when you ordered a hamburger he had no idea what you were saying. Now he speaks perfect English with just an accent and works as a computer programmer.
    What's your point?? I'm not hatin' on anyone, nor am I persecuting anyone. I never said that Mexicans can't be here, and I never said that they shouldn't either. I said that people should go about doin' things the right way. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of people just wandering in to our country without being proccessed first. And what does your McMexican workin' as a computer consultant have to do with this beside the fact that he's illegal??

    Here's an idea: Go around and ask a bunch of random people--regardless of thier ethnic background--and ask the same question that started this thread. I can guarantee you that you will hear just about the same answer from almost each person. The same answer that has been posted by almost everyone who's participated in this thread. It's not just me that thinks that this country has immigration rules for a reason.

    And leave the white folk alone, man! Them takin' slaves and all that crap has been over for a long time. Almost 400 years or some crap like that. The only thing that I don't like about this country is the person who runs it. Everything else is all gravy. So if you're gonna use my thread to bash on white people, I suggest you go find yourself a nice racist fourm somewhere, kiddo.


  7. #31
    Newbie Xephon may be famous one day Xephon may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

    Then what about the case of Tourist, or visitors on a business Trip??? Just because their not US citizens doesn't mean that they don't have rights...
    Tourists and visitors are not illegal.

    Also, this whole thing about taxes: paying taxes is not an excuse for asking for citizenship. You work here, you pay income tax. That's the tax to work in America, not to live in America. If they want to become citizen's that badly go through the system. It's there for a reason.

  8. #32
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xephon View Post
    Tourists and visitors are not illegal.

    Also, this whole thing about taxes: paying taxes is not an excuse for asking for citizenship. You work here, you pay income tax. That's the tax to work in America, not to live in America. If they want to become citizen's that badly go through the system. It's there for a reason.
    Thank you! That's what I was getting at! *stands up and claps*
    You can't just come here and think that you can be a citizen just by working. And if separating families is the only issue of why people think illegals should have rights, well--I'm sorry--that's just too bad. With every action there is a reaction. With every misdeed there is a consequence.


Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Illegal immigration good or bad??
    By koga23 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2007, 07:43 PM
  2. *Animal Rights*
    By Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me in forum Poems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2006, 07:37 PM
  3. ppls rights
    By yumyum92 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jun 13, 2006, 08:37 AM
  4. Animal rights?
    By jaderabbit in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: Feb 12, 2006, 06:02 AM
  5. Animal rights?
    By jao in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2005, 06:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts