Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

Well actually, tourists and "visitors" can get illegal.

Most times, they act like a tourist or visitor and then find their family connections here to get them a house and they start to live here. It's actually EXTREMELY common. I'm not sure people know how common it is unless you're related to them.

In my opinion... illegal immigrants should have basic rights. Until they receive citizenship (by working hard of course), they should stick to basic rights... trust me, anymore rights and they'll cheat the citizens out of a lot of things.
    You think that all these illegal immigrants got their houses the hard way? Psh, the previous illegal immigrants take over neighborhoods to make a home for themselves and new coming illegal immigrants.

O_o It gets quite bothersome to know that nice looking neighborhoods turned into a trash heap in just one year because some illegal immigrants used their "neighborhood tactics" to scare off "white people" from the neighborhood.

Otaku 02134 may be famous one day 02134 may be famous one day 02134's Avatar
    Thanks

america is not really a free country the difference is tourists come with passports and they come on planes illegal immigrants come over fences or hidden in cargo it just matters if the guy comes and he does everything a normal us citizen would do ex. pay taxes then they should get rights
    but if your a illegal immigrant and you just came to america to commit crimes and break the law i doubt you deserve anything

I'll do it man.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    What's your point?? I'm not hatin' on anyone, nor am I persecuting anyone. I never said that Mexicans can't be here, and I never said that they shouldn't either. I said that people should go about doin' things the right way. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of people just wandering in to our country without being proccessed first. And what does your McMexican workin' as a computer consultant have to do with this beside the fact that he's illegal??

Here's an idea: Go around and ask a bunch of random people--regardless of thier ethnic background--and ask the same question that started this thread. I can guarantee you that you will hear just about the same answer from almost each person. The same answer that has been posted by almost everyone who's participated in this thread. It's not just me that thinks that this country has immigration rules for a reason.

And leave the white folk alone, man! Them takin' slaves and all that crap has been over for a long time. Almost 400 years or some crap like that. The only thing that I don't like about this country is the person who runs it. Everything else is all gravy. So if you're gonna use my thread to bash on white people, I suggest you go find yourself a nice racist fourm somewhere, kiddo.
    The Mexican people you said you liked so much are descended from people "just wandering in to our country" Do you think illegal Mexicans like coming here illegally?
    If they could immigrate here legally and become a citizen they would. Do you know how long the line is in the immigration office in San Francisco is? My point is that illegal Mexicans help our economy greatly.

It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. They're still wrong.

Slavery has been going on for almost 400 years. My great great grandfather was a slave for christ sakes. All slaves were freed by 1865 during the American Civil War, by Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation. Anyway the point of this thread isn't to talk about white people.

It's to talk about illegal brown people. I have a feeling your not talking about people who come over here from France and over stay their visa. I guess Anime Online is a racist site according to you because you made a thread bashing brown people.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    The Mexican people you said you liked so much are descended from people "just wandering in to our country" Do you think illegal Mexicans like coming here illegally?
    If they could immigrate here legally and become a citizen they would. Do you know how long the line is in the immigration office in San Francisco is? My point is that illegal Mexicans help our economy greatly.

It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. They're still wrong.

Slavery has been going on for almost 400 years. My great great grandfather was a slave for christ sakes. All slaves were freed by 1865 during the American Civil War, by Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation. Anyway the point of this thread isn't to talk about white people.

It's to talk about illegal brown people. I have a feeling your not talking about people who come over here from France and over stay their visa. I guess Anime Online is a racist site according to you because you made a thread bashing brown people.
    Slavery has nothing to do with this subject. Let the past rest in peace. This is about illegal immigrants, not slavery. So what it takes a long time thats life, it still doesnt excuse coming here illegally. It takes some ppl forever to save up money. Should they rob a bank?

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Rights and freedom(s).

Rights are something that is given to you and or earned, not something that you are born with such as freedom(s). They can be taken away quite easily and at any given moment by those who have the power and choose to do so.

The concept and general agreement made by/for the people is pretty blurry and confusing; not too mention that the agreement is extremely brittle as well.

Whatever rights are given to the people of one country vary compared to those given to the people of another. Whichever country these citizens live within, they tend to agree with the process and accept them as their own, but, as I have said, they vary and not everyone agrees with the rights unfamiliar to them. If they are unfamiliar to them, they probably don't even know and ignorance usually isn't an acceptable excuse.

Illegal immigrants have broken our laws and have crossed into our borders without invitation; not many countries stand aside for that or allow it. They keep their freedom(s) given to them at birth and the basic rights given to a human being, but they have not yet earned/accepted the process in which they recieve the privalege to obtain most rights of an American citizen.

They arn't American citizens, so should not be classified as such nor be given the same treatment or rights as one. This may seem unfair, but it is how the world turns and works.

They can have their rights and basic freedoms, but they recieve 'their rights and freedom(s)' and can ponder any other questions on the bus ride back home.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm......

They don't have a right to be here since it's all in the law. No one is going to stop them anyways until they get caught so I suppose let them be until they are taken out of the country. It's kinda sad when students are being immigrated at my school though. I have a lot of family that is from mexico so I don't know what to say about this.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I was watching the news about four or five days ago, and they were talking about this group of people somewhere in California (I believe it was, like San Fransisco) that was protesting. Thier goal: To get the government to give illegal immigrants rights in the US.

Now, I personally don't agree with them. They're called illegal immigrants for a reason. There's a system you have to go through to be considered legal in this country. And they think that just because they spent a certain amount of time in this country that they should have automatic rights here in the US. Well, how do WE know that they actually spent that time here, if they came here without us knowing? If you don't go through the red tape, you shouldn't be trying to stay here for the rest of your life.

That's what I think at least. What about you?
    I think they should change the process for illigal immigrants, and not make it as long and impossible as it is. My friend has been here for over 15 years, and for 15 years she's been going through this process. Them making her do so many things over and over again, paying thousands of dollars. Its exhausting. And not everyone has the privelage of money, thats why there here, to be as privelaged as us. And we shouldnt make it so hard for them to have the right to pursue happiness.
    But no i do not believe they should have rights, until they have earned it. By way of a milder process.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho View Post
    I think they should change the process for illigal immigrants, and not make it as long and impossible as it is. My friend has been here for over 15 years, and for 15 years she's been going through this process. Them making her do so many things over and over again, paying thousands of dollars. Its exhausting. And not everyone has the privelage of money, thats why there here, to be as privelaged as us. And we shouldnt make it so hard for them to have the right to pursue happiness.
    But no i do not believe they should have rights, until they have earned it. By way of a milder process.
    I highly agree with you. If the proccess wasn't so damn long, we wouldn't have so many illegals here in the first place. ^_^ I think that the government can only handle so many applicants at a time though; so I can see why the system is the way it is.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast