Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

Newbie rukiasoulreaper is off to a good start rukiasoulreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?

Illegal immigrants need to have some basic rights but unfortunately they aren't citizens of our country but need to be treated as people. Since everybody is an immigrant, if u think about it, except for the Native Americans.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, but the reason why the process is so long is so that the government is SURE that you're loyal to the country...

that's what being a citizen is! and if they're not willing to go through all the red tape to become a citizen, then they're not willing to be loyal to the country! i'll admitt, it's a hard process and it takes a long time.

but if it was short, than becoming a citizen wouldn't be such a big deal when it is! people would just spit at it and take it even more for granted then a lot already have! becoming a citizen shouldn't be just filling out a form, it should show that you are devoted to whatever country you're moving to!

a lot of people who come to the US aren't looking to live here, they want to make a lot of money and go back to their home country. So why would they want to be a citizen if they want to go back home in five or ten years? so it's not worth it to them anyway...

worker visas rule!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

There's currently debate and pending legislation in the state of Illinois about allowing illegal immigrant students to be eligible for state loans for college. Because citizenship status in not asked for, students who are not citizens or legal residents of the U.S. can attend public schools here, but it is currently required that one be a legal resident to obtain loans.

I think that any student who has the desire, motivation, and grades to attend college should be able to, regardless of their financial situation. On the other hand, some people worked hard and went through the arduous legal processes to become citizens, so giving the same perks to illegal immigrants is a slap in the face to them. Tough decision when it involves education.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    There's currently debate and pending legislation in the state of Illinois about allowing illegal immigrant students to be eligible for state loans for college. Because citizenship status in not asked for, students who are not citizens or legal residents of the U.S. can attend public schools here, but it is currently required that one be a legal resident to obtain loans.

I think that any student who has the desire, motivation, and grades to attend college should be able to, regardless of their financial situation. On the other hand, some people worked hard and went through the arduous legal processes to become citizens, so giving the same perks to illegal immigrants is a slap in the face to them. Tough decision when it involves education.
    I do believe that's what student visas are for. >_<

I mean really, people get them all the time. Kids from India come here to get thier med degree then they go back home when their visa is expired. That's how it usually works. Just like Abu Dahbi said--Visas rock.

Worker visa--student visa... Who cares? If all you intend on doing is working/schooling then leaving, don't become a citizen, and don't sneak around hiding your illegal....ness, just get a visa.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gigi2005 View Post
    Some VISITORS like business man have a house in the US even though they aren't US citezens, but those houses are mostly for tempery use it's cheaper to have a house insted of going to a hotel evrytime there in the US.
    there is a difference between VISITORS and people comming here to LIVE illegally!

Newbie Niimura Tooru may be famous one day Niimura Tooru may be famous one day Niimura Tooru's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think they should have rights here. i'm all for the legal ones, and even the ones who manage to make themselves legal by marriage and what not. i live in a town where alot of mexicans all live in one house and stand at the corner for construction companies to pick them up. its retarded.

Love him, Hurt him, Make him bleed.
    Scream his name he's all you need.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I do believe that's what student visas are for. >_<

I mean really, people get them all the time. Kids from India come here to get thier med degree then they go back home when their visa is expired. That's how it usually works. Just like Abu Dahbi said--Visas rock.

Worker visa--student visa... Who cares? If all you intend on doing is working/schooling then leaving, don't become a citizen, and don't sneak around hiding your illegal....ness, just get a visa.
    I don't know that most illegal immigrants plan on just "working/schooling then leaving"; if that were the case they probably would have just applied for visas in the first place. We're talking about people who plan to live in the U.S., as in for good. Besides, is it even possible for an illegal resident high school student to apply for a visa if he/she has already lived here for some time? Wouldn't even applying expose them and their families to possible deportation? I'm sure they wouldn't even take the chance.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    I don't know that most illegal immigrants plan on just "working/schooling then leaving"; if that were the case they probably would have just applied for visas in the first place. We're talking about people who plan to live in the U.S., as in for good. Besides, is it even possible for an illegal resident high school student to apply for a visa if he/she has already lived here for some time? Wouldn't even applying expose them and their families to possible deportation? I'm sure they wouldn't even take the chance.
    Y'see? That's something that should've been thought of before they came here--don't ya think? I mean, people can't really expect to just cross the border and then it's all gravy. Eventually someone gets caught. Eventually families will have to be broken up--which sucks if you're like 10 and you're mom and dad have to go back to wherever they came from, 'cause you're the only legal citizen in the household.

My point is this: If you want the same rights and benefits as everyone else, you have to go about doin' things the right way--AT THE BEGINNING. Like all legal immigrants do.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast