Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should It Matter Which Person A Politician Has Sex With?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Should It Matter Which Person A Politician Has Sex With?

Governor Sanford's Sex Scandal is apparently big news. But for those who do not know the governor of South Carolina lied about hiking, and instead had sex with a woman in Argentina. We havebeen led to believe that the sex was concensual. What I am wondering is as long as someone is doing their job should it matter who they are screwing.

I say it does not matter. Now that does not excuse the fact that he lied and that he did not officially transfer the power to the Lt. Governor. Being someone who has worked with the government, you take tax money so you have to be accountable and ready to come back from vaccation should you need to in a day. But in terms of sex I say have it with whoever you can when you can. Though tagically enough in America having sex with people outside your race is regarded as unacceptable social behavior to many. If he announced his true intention to have sex with a woman in Argentina it would have been recieved negatively.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should It Matter What Persona A Politician Has Sex With?

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Governor Sanford's Sex Scandal is apparently big news. But for those who do not know the governor of South Carolina lied about hiking, and instead had sex with a woman in Argentina.
    Word? because I think its all a bunch of hype... I think he was off giving his contributions to the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Though tagically enough in America having sex with people outside your race is regarded as unacceptable social behavior to many. If he announced his true intention to have sex with a woman in Argentina it would have been recieved negatively.
    Some people view having sex with people outside their race as unacceptable. Not very many though. I think multi-racial people (product of people mating outside their "race") are becoming a majority, if we aren't already.

Anyway... to answer your question... Of course it doesn't matter. These things never matter. As I said earlier, its probably all just a bunch of hype to distract us from something more important. We drove out a perfectly good president (Clinton) because we had to make his personal business a national crisis.
    ... Not Ever Again...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jun 26, 2009)

Thanks

Thank you. Clinton was a great president and a very moral man. His administration endured an almost 100 million dollar investigation and only turned up the fact that he had sex and had one corrupt staff member. No other president could have done that.

Banned neko nathaniel is off to a good start neko nathaniel's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Should It Matter What Persona A Politician Has Sex With?

ummm it shuld not really mater even if he lid..... i mean if sume stanger asked u about your sex life would u tell him or not?..... i know i wuldent

6. The Following User Says Thank You to neko nathaniel For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jun 26, 2009)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

My answer to this is quite frankly no.

The personal lives of our leaders are none of our business.

One of Canada's greatest politions, was a wife beater and a womanizer (Pierre Trudeau), and our First Prime Minister was an alcoholic (Sir John A Macdonald), and both were amazing leaders.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jun 26, 2009)

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Clinton was my favorite president, honestly he or Hillary did a great job in office. And the Monica Lewinski sketches on SNL were priceless.

It probably doesn't matter who he is sleeping with, doesn't change the fact he is in the spotlight and people are going to know about it.

Honestly, that makes the governor look really bad. Like for example, I don't know him and I already don't like him. Like if he would have been honest about it, I would have some respect for the guy. However he could be a good governor.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, it does matter. For a Republican Governor who ran on a political platform claiming to be defender of American (read christian) morals, and then violating the most basic tenets of these morals once in office indicates a level of arrogance and hypocrisy (especially to the party affiliates that supported him) that shouldn't be allowed. (Now if he was single, and had campaigned on a platform of free love, then that would be a different matter... Now Clinton never claimed to be a defender of American morals, as his involvement in the White Water scandal showed... )

Then again, they say that the biggest difference between US and European politics, is that in the US, the voting public expects the politicians to be honest...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

they say that the biggest difference between US and European politics, is that in the US, the voting public expects the politicians to be honest...
    But that is what the problem is. You can't be honest about sex in our society. Even though most of us were born of that process we cannot be honest about it. Yeah he lied about it. But as I stated in my opening arguement, what would have happened if he said he was going to go to Argentina to get laid. After all you yourself have taken the stance that consensual sex is immoral. For all we know maybe his wife knows but would rather be a governors wife than a divorcee. Something I can completely understand. Besides if we had more politicians the caliber of clinton (I am not saying he had no faults) I think a vast majority of americans would rather have a president like Clinton who as a matter-of-fact had fewer moral short comings than Kennedy, or Johnson or Nixon or Bush to a superiorly moral man who does not know what he is doing in the office.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast