Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should It Matter Which Person A Politician Has Sex With?

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should It Matter What Persona A Politician Has Sex With?

TBH thats not news compared to mj dieing yesterday!!
    and tbh its up to who ever who they have sex with and quite frincly i dont care i just wanna know wether them stupid politions spent out dam money on!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    But that is what the problem is. You can't be honest about sex in our society. Even though most of us were born of that process we cannot be honest about it. Yeah he lied about it. But as I stated in my opening arguement, what would have happened if he said he was going to go to Argentina to get laid. After all you yourself have taken the stance that consensual sex is immoral. For all we know maybe his wife knows but would rather be a governors wife than a divorcee.
    In reality, consensual sex isn't really the issue here. What is the issue is that the politician ran, and got elected on the pledge that he was going to be a protector of moral values. By ignoring these moral values with his own personal behavior shows that the very premise that got him elected was nothing more then a act of political fraud pulled on his supporters.

Plus the fact that not only did he not inform his staff and where he was going, and where he could be reached, he also left his state and his position without transferring power to his back-up. Heavens forbid, if a major Terrorist incident had occurred, or natural disaster of biblical proportions had occurred, the chain of command of state authority would have collapsed...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

"the politician ran, and got elected on the pledge that he was going to be a protector of moral values."
    If sex is immoral then you are right. But if you happen to not think that sex is immoral sure he should have taken the proper steps before someone goes on vacation but lets be honest the fact that he did not transfer powers here is not the point. The fact that he had sex with someone not of his race or nationality is.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Race also isn't an issue here... For someone who pledged to his supporters that he would protect and defend 'Christian' moral values, having sexual relations outside of wedlock (regardless of race) would be considered nearly as bad as having sexual relationships with his own daughters... The issue isn't about Sanford having relationships outside of marriage, the issue is that Sanford violated his pledge not to have sexual relations outside of marriage...

If Sanford hadn't claimed the Republican party call to be an example of outstanding symbols of 'Christian' moral behavior, then his problems with keeping his pants on wouldn't be an issue...

As an example, both the Govenator of California, and the Mayor of San Fransisco have had improper incidents outside of marriage, but since neither has claimed to be outstanding examples of moral behavior, this has been viewed by the public at large as just an example of their machismo expression...

Thanks

Exactly. So clearly there is a double standard in place here. You keep mentioning that he is a christian. And clearly you judge him far harsher for that. But you must rmember his wife apparently knew about his extra marital affairs. Everyone has a bottom line and hers is that she would rather be a governors wife then a 50 some divorcee which is a disicion I can respect but it does make it almost consensual. Besides if christians stopped having sex let me assure you that their numbers would quickly dwindle and the population of Earth in whole would shift dramatically. He did not have sex out of wedlock he is married. You wouldn't say a mother had a child out of wedlock even if the child belonged to a man she was not married to. Another double standard.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This also isn't exactly true... Now what's the difference between doing something bad, and pledging not to do something bad, but doing it anyway...

You do something bad, (well you've just done something bad...)

You public pledge not to do something bad, but knowing you've made this pledge, decide that the rules don't apply to you, and do something bad anyway... What you've just done is to publicly demonstrate that your public word and promises are worthless... And a Governor who can't be trusted at his public word and promises is a Governor who can no longer fulfill the duties of his office... This is why so many of Sanford's former supporters is asking him to quit the position...

Thanks

An honest politician is one that when he is bought stays bought.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Governor Sanford's Sex Scandal is apparently big news. But for those who do not know the governor of South Carolina lied about hiking, and instead had sex with a woman in Argentina. We havebeen led to believe that the sex was concensual. What I am wondering is as long as someone is doing their job should it matter who they are screwing.
    It depends.
    Location. Location. Platform.

In the US, I know most politicians are held underneth a microscope positioned alongside a Bible.

I know that in the South or any Republican dominated area, this sort of thing is frowned upon for reasons I'll never understand.

I know that regardless of your party, if you portray yourself as an infallible, morally correct person it looks very questionable to your constituents if you cheat on your spouse.

But the way i see it, unless your sex life affects your job and you start screwing up, then yeah, then maybe I'd be concerned. Otherwise, what you do in the privacy of where ever does not concern me.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast