+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should Music Define Culture

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Should Music Define Culture

ok heres the list

hip-hop n rap n more are like a black thing ppl say, but i listen to it and im white
    metal, rock, pop n more are like a white thing, yet i know other ppl who like it

does music define culture?
    should we be held down by our skin colour, and have music according to it?
    why do ppl make fun of ppl listenin to other music?
    ex. wigger , whittey , prep ect...

????

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Music Define Culture

Music should be defined by the culture that produces it, not the other way around. Like any other art form, music is meant to express the thoughts and feelings from the person who creates it, and obviously that person's culture will have an impact on what they create.

On that note, no one should feel they have to listen to a certain style of music because of their ethnic/cultural background, and no one else should give them crap if they decided to listen to something else.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i get ur idea, but ppl still make fun of other people that listen to music that are not in other people's culture
    like i used to listen to emo rock, but im not emo
    and all the emo's are like poser
    so thatsn what i wanted to know

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Should Music Define Culture

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Music should be defined by the culture that produces it, not the other way around. Like any other art form, music is meant to express the thoughts and feelings from the person who creates it, and obviously that person's culture will have an impact on what they create.

On that note, no one should feel they have to listen to a certain style of music because of their ethnic/cultural background, and no one else should give them crap if they decided to listen to something else.
    I agree. One will incorporate his/her culture in thier music, but NO ONE should have to listen to a certain kind of music based on thier culture. If that were the case, no one in this country would be listening to J-pop. Y'see, I'm pretty ecclectic when it comes to music. I was raised as an artist/musician; so I listen to just about any kind of music there is... I'm not really choosy.

Just because you're black, that doesn't mean you have to listen to rap/r&b as your primary source of music. Same thing with white people and Asians, and anyone else of any other culture. That would be racism burned on a disk (metaphorically speaking).

In Japan, the same music we have here (the genres at least) is being played there. It's not a black or white thing there--compared to our country, where different types of music only get played by the majority of the race that it was "made for". Shit man, there are more white GIRLS who listen to more rap than most of the black MEN I know. LOL.

So I say, to each thier own. You wanna stick to music made by your people, go right on ahead. But me--being the hybrid I am--I'll keep on listening to as many different types of music as humanly possible.

Thanks

nice ideas that made my day
    any more posts?
    and electric? music?
    like techno?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I guess the music that I listen to would be considered "emo", but then again I listen to alot of older 70's 80's music aswell, does that mean I'm emo and old?

Of course not!

People can listen to whatever music they want regardless of there culture. Infact I have never come across anyone who thinks other wise.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    does music define culture?
    should we be held down by our skin colour, and have music according to it?
    why do ppl make fun of ppl listenin to other music?
    ex. wigger , whittey , prep ect...
    No music does not define your culture or anything like that. I also do not agree with music defining the color of your skin either. That is like saying oh your white because you listen to country or your hispanic because you like to listen to hispanic music. It's crazy to start with. and for the last part of your post I don't like those names because to me that's singling a certain race out. I consider them racial content and slur.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

"Music defines culture and culture defines music." Well, that saying is actually: "Architecture shapes culture, and culture shapes architecture." LOL. Anyways...

No, music shouldn't really define culture. I mean, if you like a song (or music), say, "Welcome to the Black Parade", you shouldn't really think that just because you listen to that particular song, you're not some guy (or girl) who would like to head-bang, LOL. For example, you're an old man but you like to listen to Simple Plan; You're eighteen yrs. old and you listen to Frank Sinatra (wouldn't blame you) and Mozart. Everyone has different tastes of music, like everyone is different.
    Last edited by Brent-Enix; Jan 19, 2007 at 03:39 AM. Reason: I repeated 'actually' two times in the same sentence.

mmhmm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast