+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should Music Define Culture

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Music Define Culture

thx for all ur answers
    this has shown me that there are many more people that like the music i like

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku kimchi24 may be famous one day kimchi24 may be famous one day
    Thanks

NO! no it doesnt really matter if something is made by one person. anyone can listen to it. no piece of music would be public if it was only ment for one culture. if black people wanted for only them to listen to rap and if asian people only wanted asian people to listen to asian music, then there wouldn't be as much busniss for the artist.
    Not every person should be judged by what they hear and what they want to hear.

I praise the one who is able to win it all and still live for it...[/CENTER

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

thx matthew but the ppl in our class are still gonna call me wigger :P but thx for all the posts here this is rele interestin

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

I don't think music defines a culture, so much as selections of our music will come to define our generation for our kids. If you look at the trends, you see that only certain artists, certain songs came to represent every decade. There's the classic 60's and 70's anti-war songs that endure today, but other than that and the Beatles, there isn't a whole lot else that most kids in high school these days know about.

The 80's was defined by the punk movement. The nineties... I don't know what they were classified as, partially because my perspective, anyway, on the 90's is too recent for me to be able to categorize it.

Who knows what we'll see survives, the mimetically superior music, so to speak, and then'll we'll see how our generation, how this decade is characterized.

It is a possibility that we'll see all of the anti-war music enduring again, for another generation, or who knows, maybe 50 Cent will someday be considered "Classic, fun loving Hip-hop", or pop culture might swing the other way and decide that artists who rap about b***** and hos, in addition to bands that sing about slitting their wrists, are inappropriate for a new culture, and may fade from memory.

History is an interesting thing like that.
    Last edited by OdysseanPromise; Jan 22, 2007 at 07:55 AM.

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

well actulley it does but its not considered a "black" culture its a hiphop culture and its not considered a "white" culture its considered pop but as you may not know im caucasian and i have mad love for the hiphop culture and i hate racial slurs such as wigger and whitey and i take those higley offensive when called those so but like i said it doesnt define the race it defines the culture
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post

It is a possibility that we'll see all of the anti-war music enduring again, for another generation, or who knows, maybe 50 Cent will someday be considered "Classic, fun loving Hip-hop", or pop culture might swing the other way and decide that artists who rap about b***** and hos, in addition to bands that sing about slitting their wrists, are inappropriate for a new culture, and may fade from memory.

History is an interesting thing like that.
    ya i love rap but now a days it is hard to defend rap because back then, public enemy, run dmc and other classic rappers were making a statment, whether being about rasicm withing america, or how the ghetto cant be cool, and can criple a culture. but now a days its bling, hoes, guns and cars but i love just blasting that music and singing $$$I GOT MONEY$$$ but i know that in 5 years, know one will remember 50 cent, or maybe even public enemy, but will remember some classic composers for sure

Quote Originally Posted by LostbutFound View Post
    well actulley it does but its not considered a "black" culture its a hiphop culture and its not considered a "white" culture its considered pop but as you may not know im caucasian and i have mad love for the hiphop culture and i hate racial slurs such as wigger and whitey and i take those higley offensive when called those so but like i said it doesnt define the race it defines the culture
    i have been trying to make this point, because many people joke about me being black, even more black then some black people they know. but rap music i dont like cuz it was invented by afro americans, its cuz some of it talks about people you care getting hurt, or just money. and you cant tell me you like money and i hear bands saying 'the world is hate and sadness' and turn around and make millions of dollars, so both are fake, but let me listen to my music!!!

Otaku kimchi24 may be famous one day kimchi24 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    ya i love rap but now a days it is hard to defend rap because back then, public enemy, run dmc and other classic rappers were making a statment, whether being about rasicm withing america, or how the ghetto cant be cool, and can criple a culture. but now a days its bling, hoes, guns and cars but i love just blasting that music and singing $$$I GOT MONEY$$$ but i know that in 5 years, know one will remember 50 cent, or maybe even public enemy, but will remember some classic composers for sure

i have been trying to make this point, because many people joke about me being black, even more black then some black people they know. but rap music i dont like cuz it was invented by afro americans, its cuz some of it talks about people you care getting hurt, or just money. and you cant tell me you like money and i hear bands saying 'the world is hate and sadness' and turn around and make millions of dollars, so both are fake, but let me listen to my music!!!

Ok rap was made by afro americans but just becuase it was made by them it does not mean that its for them. for example a white man made the game basketball but mostly black poepl think that its a "black sport" no any one can play. just liek music anyone can listen to it theres no restrictions in it as long as u dont say racial words liek the 'N" word and things like that.
    Now andays its hip-hop not rap and well hiphop took rap and made it so u can talk about anything. hiphop is now about sex,drugs,money, and fame. Although the language is vulgar, just how it sounds is cool and anyone can think that without me rejecting and i belive everyone should think that

I praise the one who is able to win it all and still live for it...[/CENTER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimchi24 View Post
    Ok rap was made by afro americans but just becuase it was made by them it does not mean that its for them. for example a white man made the game basketball but mostly black poepl think that its a "black sport" no any one can play. just liek music anyone can listen to it theres no restrictions in it as long as u dont say racial words liek the 'N" word and things like that.
    Now andays its hip-hop not rap and well hiphop took rap and made it so u can talk about anything. hiphop is now about sex,drugs,money, and fame. Although the language is vulgar, just how it sounds is cool and anyone can think that without me rejecting and i belive everyone should think that
    and music is for the ears to judge not the people to judge. if people want to wear something wierd, let them. if they wanna listen to music, let them. if you dont like my music, i can find a million people that do, so my choice cant be wrong if others can relate to my style of music

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast