+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should people who make the same mistakes over and over again be forgiven?

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Should people who make the same mistakes over and over again be forgiven?

it's life really people just screw up more and more as generations pass, you can change a person but with a push, a hard one at that. But this sort of forgivnece shouldn't be given to people that expect you to forgive them all the time, so i don't belive it's right to forgive them.

Otaku arekandera is off to a good start arekandera's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe they should be forgiven because we all are humans and nobody is perfect and we all deserve a second chance.But if you can forgive that person and try not to let her/him repeat the same mistake again and again that would be great, but it's not necesarly to stay around them after they've hurted you once.

What would you do if a person you know make the same mistakes?

I think I would keep forgiving him/her and try to help him/her not to do the same mistake again and again, and if I can't help her/him then I would try not to be to close to that person so I wouldn't have to get hurt again.

Would you forgive them the same number of times, or lock them off?

I would forgive them but I wouldn't stay to close to them so I wouldn't get hurt.

"If you need something to worship, then worship life - all life, every last crawling bit of it! We're all in this beauty together!" - Frank Herbert

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

there are two kinds of mistakes
    1 .... you did something stupid or we can say something simple and you make it over and over that is ok that something simple and we can forgive about it....

2 .... you did something dangerous for your life or for your health like druggies or being member in gang or make huge mistakes no one can forgive you about it ..... =^_^=
    Last edited by Frozen Rose; Feb 28, 2008 at 04:56 AM.
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    No, I agree but you said it yourself "Unlike most people". You can tell when someone really is trying. To not be supportive when they are trying is just wrong but when all they say is "sorry" then go on without trying or caring... that's not sorry that is just wanting to get a way with it.

There is nothing wrong with forgiveness but don't be stupid either. If they have proven they will do it and their apology is meaningless don't let them do it to you again. Call them on it and they will either change or go find someone else to take advantage of. For that matter you call them on it when they are trying to change, that is part of being supportive. "Dude, your doing it again. Cut it out." After all, what are friends for?
    I completely agree with your statement, Arrianna.

There's a fine line between forgiveness and being suckered. Lots of people will take kindness as a weakness and try to exploit it; which allows them to continue to pretend like they're sincerely trying. I'm tellin' you, there are some damn good actors out there. There are a lot of con-artists out there too. My biological father being one of them.

Continually making the same mistakes, pretending that he cares, claiming that he's making a change when all he's doin' is the same sh*t; just behind our backs (it's fun catching him in the act; sometimes, he'll bust himself out). He's one who, somehow, is easily forgiven because he knows how to bend rules, twist words and make those pouty faces that make you go, "He must be sorry." Sorry doesn't stir my tea with him or anyone similar to a human of that nature.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, for this I'll have to take a LaVeyan Satanist point of view on this.

"If someone is truely sorry for their actions, they would do their best to not do so again"

See, as I see it, shit happens, it's life. Yet if someone DOES hurt someone, or something along that lines, if they are TRUELY sorry, they will do everything in their ability to not do it again, if they show sincerity, care, compassion, passion, any of that, and they do it again, I say they should be forgiven, though I'm not one for second chances, if they hold promise, why not? Judge their integrity, and if it seems sincere, let it be so to give forgiveness.

However, if they sorry, and show nothing to not do it again, and repeat the same mistake twice, they should not be forgiven, instead, just "Give up" on them. Show them since they treat you in that way, you'll do the same. That's my view on the whole thing.

Well, I put in my nickel.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Newbie diamond is off to a good start
    Thanks

well it depend on the mistake that they make and how much i can tolerate it if its ok with me i will most likely forgive that person. but if after so many times he still keep making the same mistake i will be fed up and give up i suppose.

Newbie Tagrestraumer is off to a good start Tagrestraumer's Avatar
    Thanks

I won't. It's as simple as that. ( or not... )

People who make the same mistakes over and over again are people who don't learn and don't realize what their mistakes are. Yes, I think it's understandable for other people to forgive them but once they abuse other people's compassion about the issue then NO. You are not supposed to waste your time witnessing that particular person's mistake again and again.

But overall, I think it depends on how stupid the person is if he keeps forgiving the person about the same mistake. I mean, what if the person already commited 100th time on the mistake? Surely, you'd get tired of it.

Newbie Alondra is off to a good start Alondra's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone who makes the same mistakes over and over again and has no sympathy at all for the situation. They ain't nothin and apparently neither are you if you let it slide. Why stick around to keep gettin hurt? Any person that stays in that type of relationship is an idiot! Sorry to be blunt, but yea why waste your time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast