Closed Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 89 to 96 of 144

Thread: Should pornography be banned?

  1. #89
    Newbie dekester22 may be famous one day dekester22 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should pornography be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Yes, because the porn industry is full of family people just trying to make a living. Honestly, isn't that a huge assumption? How do you know that? And just out of curiosity even if somehow it is true how does that mean they are not "defiling" themselves?
    We have the right to "defile" ourselves. It's called Freedom of Expression. It's in the Bill of Rights. First one. You can look it up, even.....


    (I should've included this with my other reply, sorry......)

  2. #90
    Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago but im in tenn for college
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Should pornography be banned?

    Pornography will not be banned for the following reasons

    1.) Pornography is a Billion dollor industry and makes about a quater of the money for U.S.
    2.) Its our freedom to do as we wish to ourselves(freedom of expression)
    3.) This is a very crude joke and also a invalid point( Its far to popular)
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

  3. #91
    Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Should pornography be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    Pornography will not be banned for the following reasons

    1.) Pornography is a Billion dollor industry and makes about a quater of the money for U.S.
    2.) Its our freedom to do as we wish to ourselves(freedom of expression)
    3.) This is a very crude joke and also a invalid point( Its far to popular)
    yea porn shoudln't be banned cuz like if it was then poeple will be more tempted to make porno by the means of rape.

  4. #92
    Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in SD.
    Posts
    2,596
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Re: Should pornography be banned?

    then thats how people rape, because the movie urge's them to bring up their exotic way's but are lonely so it have's them rape someone in the alley.

  5. #93
    Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Should pornography be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    then thats how people rape, because the movie urge's them to bring up their exotic way's but are lonely so it have's them rape someone in the alley.
    the would probably take girls in by force and rape them for a porn video. thats just wrong and banning porn would only make these peopel do it more

  6. #94
    Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in SD.
    Posts
    2,596
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Re: Should pornography be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    the would probably take girls in by force and rape them for a porn video. thats just wrong and banning porn would only make these peopel do it more
    plus it forces them into prostitution, but more likely am more into hentai than real life porn, because has some funny stuff on it, real life porn just moaning and banging.

  7. #95
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Should pornography be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by dekester22 View Post
    Please show me where there is anything in the courts closely resembling a ruling on banning pornography - of the professional "mainstream" variety we are talking about. (I think it's safe to assume that we are all in agreeance that "fringe" porno - like animals, children, unwilling performers, etc - is not what we are talking about.)

    The infamous line of "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" just doesn't have the backbone needed to hold up to legal scrutiny.

    Also, I was assuming this discussion was about banning pornography in America. Forgive me for assuming this. It would seem to be a far too complex issue if we had to take into consideration the laws of EVERY country in the world in this debate. So for simplicity sake, can you agree that we are discussing America?
    This site is not just made of members from the US so no it cannot be assumed that we are only talking about the US.

    Since you want to discuss it from the US point of view however.
    Movie Day at the Supreme Court or "I Know It When I See It": A History of the Definition of Obscenity - from FindLaw, For Legal Professionals.

    In summery: Obscenity is not protected under the Constitution. The difficulty lies in defining what is and is not obscene however so the Supreme Court has bowed out in all cases with the exception of "Hard Core" porn and porn effecting children (which is what is currently under debate in the courts). All other cases have been returned to the jurisdiction of the States (the community) for personal determination of what is and is not obscene.

    Quote Originally Posted by dekester22 View Post
    OK, then lets ban credit cards. I know plenty of marriages that have been ruined because of women spending too much money haphazardly.
    And of course no man has ever racked up credit card debt and harmed their marriage from it.

    The issue is not credit cards it money management and there are already laws in place to deal with such things up to and including bankruptcy laws. There are also classes that can be taken to teach people how to be fiscally responsible. I would be all for making them required by those getting married.


    Quote Originally Posted by dekester22 View Post
    We have the right to "defile" ourselves. It's called Freedom of Expression. It's in the Bill of Rights. First one. You can look it up, even.....
    No, you don't, see above.

    BTW you just contradicted yourself. You said they weren't defiling themselves because they have the right to do it. I asked how it being legal changes whether they have defiled themselves. Now you say they have the right to defile themselves. So are they defiling themselves or not?

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  8. #96
    Newbie worldpeace2529 is off to a good start worldpeace2529's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should pornography be banned?

    people who are the ones making it, get paid for it, and it's their choice to do it, it should NOT be banned, because it's a natural human's right... i'm like a rele philosophical person, but my fingers are gonna hurt if i type out my entire thought on this, so i'll leave it at: it's a right that should not be taken away cuz some people don't like it, if u don't like it, don't look at it.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. banned huh?
    By SilentAssasin in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2006, 07:33 AM
  2. Piracy worse than child pornography.
    By Silverskater145 in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: May 17, 2006, 10:43 AM
  3. I failed, thus i got banned.
    By penispotato in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2006, 10:14 AM
  4. banned
    By Matrix040689 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Oct 30, 2005, 11:19 AM
  5. Banned
    By ShadowDeath1 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 19, 2004, 08:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts