+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Should a President Serve For More Than Two Terms?

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should a President Serve For More Than Two Terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Hi guys! This is something I have never understood. I don’t understand why a president can’t serve more then two terms. I don’t understand what kind of negativity that would bring. In fact, the U.S. didn’t start doing this until after Franklin Roosevelt’s presidency. To me, if a president is doing a good job then I would like them to be in office as long as possible. Not to mention if the president is willing to run again shouldn't they be given the choice to run for the presidency a third term?

So what do you guys think? Do you see the negativity I don’t see? Or do you agree with me?
    Actually I agree with you on this. If the president does a good job I don't see why they should be going into a near term. But you also have to look at the fact that many people don't like the president even if they do a good job. Also think about if this president does a good job what about the next one he could do an even better job. So they system they have at the moment seems better than anything ^^. I agree with you but you also have to see the flipped side of things to.
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    HECK NO
    If he or she will wore out thier welcome , Look at Bush jr, his welcome is getting very thin and he kinda messing up.
    That's not the point, not many people like him, and that's him, who is to say EVERY president will wear there welcome out.

We could get a new president someday, that rocks all our socks, and we would want him to serve more than 2 terms, but he couldn't.

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont believe that the president should serve more than 2 terms, thank god the us fixed that screw up after those horrible FDR years. With running for the presidency being more of a "fashion show" than having to do with any of the real issues, if some one were able to run for the presidency more than twice, eventually it would morph into a monarchy/ dictatorship. Now the worst part is what would happen if the wrong person were to start throwing their power around..it would be the start of an empire. I really think that they shouldnt be able to serve more than one term, because if you look back on it since 1980, there have only been 3 different families in office Reagan, Bush, and Clinton. That has been 28 a years under only 4 different people, and 2 of those are the same family..if you ask me things are getting a little too close to being dynastic and monarchy like for my taste. So really 1 term per president would allow for enough variety in ideas to keep one person from screwing everything up too hard(you all know the retard im speaking of). Then after a period of time successive presidents would learn to pick up where others left off on ideas which they agreed with and the ones which are beneficial. then again i could be giving too much credit to the politicians..who knows.

Yo, this beast was by Lowshuwa
    my drawings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3