Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should School be all year round?

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

Should School be all year round?

I was just thinking about it, what if you had to attend an all year round school? My friend goes to one and he said he loves it, and wouldn't go back to a regular school year. They get out more than the normal school year, like they go school three months and get out for nearly a month. Do think this its a good idea or a bad idea? In my case, i plan on going to that school, so i think its a good idea. One reason i dont mind school is, i like to show off so im normally the smartest guy in class. Would you give up your current school for an all year round school?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 27, 2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Edited to make sense.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should all school be year round

HELL NO!
    never should it be school year-round. kids will start a riot as me as the ring leader. let these adults do sunmthing as stupid as that and they will die! HEAR ME? DIE!
    thank you

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should all school be year round

Quote Originally Posted by halo3master View Post
    I was just thinking about it, what if you had to attend an all year round school? My friend goes to one and he said he loves it, and wouldn't go back to a regular school year. They get out more than the normal school year, like they go school three months and get out for nearly a month. Do think this its a good idea or a bad idea? In my case, i plan on going to that school, so i think its a good idea. One reason i dont mind school is, i like to show off so im normally the smartest guy in class. Would you give up your current school for an all year round school?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    HELL NO!
    never should it be school year-round. kids will start a riot as me as the ring leader. let these adults do sunmthing as stupid as that and they will die! HEAR ME? DIE!
    thank you
    I am someone who's about having summer and winter vacation, considering how long I have been in the US. The "year-round" concept is a good one, but it will never work in this country. Kids nowadays in the United States are very very lazy, and to implement a system now you'll have people like Jokerman start a riot. It wasn't implemented then, it is too late now.

Besides that fact, the government is not willing to spend money. Not only will the students riot, I doubt the teachers' union will want to have year round school after all these years of free pay during summer. In other countries, the nearly "year round" has worked, mainly because the school system is not public (free). Those schools have made good enough that the students are willing to stay, as a co-worker once told me that they spend 10-15 hours a day at school because it was "fun," a concept many Americans might not grasp.

Of course, the 10-15 hour of school is not all instructions, as some are allocated to extra curricular activities such as sports, arts, etc...Also some of the school hours come at night is optional, where the school opens after dinner for students to go back to study and do homework with classmates.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 27, 2007 at 11:16 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should School be all year round?

hmm I think it would be fun!
    I have always wanted to got oone.
    I thought it would be cool to get
    more vacation breaks and still be in school.
    The plus side is that you dont forget everything
    so quickly and everyting is at a slower pace.
    I know now some schools are year round but
    the only have 4 school days and three wekkend
    days.
    I thought it would be cool.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

It takes dedication to go school all year long if the plan wasn't implemented across the country years ago.

Eh, I don't really care that much myself. I considered that idea and what would probably happen, and I say nay. Why? Because I am greedy and I want to have an easily obtained and successful future.

If schools suddenly changed all over the U.S., than that would mean better and more significant education for the masses in my opinion; more knowledge in a less amount of time, and it would be nearly constant.

I don't want that many intelligent and dedicated kids showing up in my college classes and competing with me, overwhelming almost every University with nearly an infinite number of students wanting to participate in education.

To be truthful, I enjoy being in the top five without having to really lift a finger or fight off every kid wanting to obtain a bachelors. I wouldn't like it one bit if I had chances below 80% to get a 6 digit salary and practically a free ride through life.

Not one bit! I like the whole "no real effort" aspect of living here. It suits me quite well.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

No, thank you, I'd better stay in my school, though I find it very cool that you have so much free time- more freedom, but I have a very mad memory and due that month free I'd foget everything I had learnt and when I'd get back to school I'd have very bad grades. And I don't want that to happen...

So it's normal year for me... ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree wit Pyoro, it jus' wouldn' work here, and not jus' 'cause of the kids and teachers. I've found that many parents do not like the idea of a year round school 'cause they use that time ta plan any family vacations or events or things. They also tell me that they believe that kids deserve a break from all that school work and that goin' ta school all year round would mentally exhaust their children, resultin' in worse grades. Maybe for some countries such an idea works, but for this country; I don' think it would.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I agree wit Pyoro, it jus' wouldn' work here, and not jus' 'cause of the kids and teachers. I've found that many parents do not like the idea of a year round school 'cause they use that time ta plan any family vacations or events or things. They also tell me that they believe that kids deserve a break from all that school work and that goin' ta school all year round would mentally exhaust their children, resultin' in worse grades. Maybe for some countries such an idea works, but for this country; I don' think it would.
    Most of these year long schools have plenty of break time. They just don't put it in all one shot. As Halo3master mentioned, the school does go full year, but after about 3 months, nearly a month of break is returned.

I think that is more than a fair enough deal. 3 months is less than a regular semester, so it would almost seem quite smooth and reasonable to have it that way. Instead of having everything at the end, why not have it during the year? Plenty of time to refresh a person mentally and keep them sharp.

Idk about anyone else, but after 2-3 months of solid break, just aobut everything you learned over the course of a regular shcool year is gone by the time you start back up again.

Doing that schedule would not exhaust a child mentally or physically, but actually improve. It is proof to do such and is actually being taken into serious consideration around the U.S. anyways. School weeks are slowly becomming 4 days instead of the regular five and cutting back on vacation time to compensate. It has shown significant results and the kids love the program.

The only reason why it wouldn't work now or close to the near future even if the system was applied, is because everyone has been doing the same for too long. It isn't exactly easy to break into a habit like that, and the idea of going all year long will just aobut make everyone frown at the idea.

Instead of actually realizing the entire thing, people just assume 7 days a week 365 or some riddiculous non sense such as that. Just strikes me as extremely lazy in my opinion.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast