Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should School be all year round?

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Should School be all year round?

Um nope, cause it really doesn't make since too much.
    it's gotta be equal, for every action, a opposite reaction....okay i'm getting a little too FMA on us...but no way, i can't deal with idiots everyday...
    thats why i'm home-schooled

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Should School be all year round?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked_Ninja View Post
    Um nope, cause it really doesn't make since too much.
    it's gotta be equal, for every action, a opposite reaction....okay i'm getting a little too FMA on us...but no way, i can't deal with idiots everyday...
    thats why i'm home-schooled
    Homeschooling isn't necesarrily for everyone. It is a good idea to a certain age and then a kid should move to the next level of education; private or public in other words.

It is frequent for a child homeschooled during most of their lives to obtain an almost certain level of unusual dependency upon their families and sheltered environments. Social inadequacy is a definate compared to the number of uneffected.

Besides, what happens when college comes around? If you wish to obtain a bachelors or more in less time or equal time in the usual time factor, almost year long classes is mandatory. Of course you could just earn one of those "I'm just floating around with no direction" degrees, but what accomplishments will you show on your resumes then?

For the dealing with drama and people part, a little self control doesn't hurt there. There are always options to bypass that, but being apart of the system with those people proves to be more good than bad. The world is consumed with people like that and you can't avoid them forever, even if you do to an extent, that is still just postponing the inevitable and that could turn into downfall mentally, physically, and professionally.

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Homeschooling isn't necesarrily for everyone. It is a good idea to a certain age and then a kid should move to the next level of education; private or public in other words.

It is frequent for a child homeschooled during most of their lives to obtain an almost certain level of unusual dependency upon their families and sheltered environments. Social inadequacy is a definate compared to the number of uneffected.

Besides, what happens when college comes around? If you wish to obtain a bachelors or more in less time or equal time in the usual time factor, almost year long classes is mandatory. Of course you could just earn one of those "I'm just floating around with no direction" degrees, but what accomplishments will you show on your resumes then?

For the dealing with drama and people part, a little self control doesn't hurt there. There are always options to bypass that, but being apart of the system with those people proves to be more good than bad. The world is consumed with people like that and you can't avoid them forever, even if you do to an extent, that is still just postponing the inevitable and that could turn into downfall mentally, physically, and professionally.

Well the first part i can agree with(it's not for everyone), but i think i know best what goes on in home-schooling enviroments. For one, home-schooled children aren't dependant upon their parents and family all the time, that is pretty much a sterotype given by those who don't like homeschooling.

National studies from 1990-1998 and 2000-2006 show that when people who were home-schooled as children go to college, their grades mark higher than public school children. (really this was about public school being year round not college)

Oh and about the part with degrees, the parents and tutor want their children to go to college, and also they do not recieve a GED.
    They have transcripts like everyone else. So really I'm home-shcooled
    have a question feel free to ask ma man trust i been to monkey school before, nothing but people making noise and a bunch of socialites
    yawn....there is an option to go to a high school if they want to...me i'm not my environment And really most kids got to middle school with a higher edge right after they are done being home-schooled

And ya don't need to go to school to make friends ma man
    as long as you are human people will talk to ya...you got kids that attend school in your neighborhood...you have people all around ya...
    i have met other home-schooled children that fit the sterotype tho...but don't lump us all together ma man

it doesn't matter if you home-schooled or not....school just shouldn't be year round

Thanks

[QUOTE=Spooked_Ninja;516789]QUOTE]

Whether or not I like homeschooling is besides the point and irrelavent. It seems you aren't following my words to the exact location but just tend to trail off every now and again.

Like I said, not all homeschooled children are dependant completely upon their homes and parents always as you put it. I know they aren't and acknowledge that fact because I wrote it before you, so it should be obvious that I have already obtained that knowledge.

I don't really need to go searching for specifics facts since most of them are just about already known to me and considered common sense in my opinion. Like I stated before, homeschooling is a good thing until a certain age. When they mention kids that were homeschooled do better than the latter when they reach college, it means just about that. The general reference there is the word kids.

Of course this thread is mainly about public schools being year long, but when I write my posts, I try to back them up with responding or relating subjects. Example - College. I won't repeat what I said.

I know full well that kids who are homeschooled do not recieve GEDS or most of the time. Since most homeschooling isn't to graduation of highschool anyways, and involves mostly the first stages of development and what not, that point could easily be considered as irrelavant. I have had friends who have or take homeschooling presently and I could very easily get any of that "unknown" information that you believe isn't attainable by someone not in your exact position.

This year long schooling can apply ot just about any form and can very well include private, mid-college, college as well as mere public. Calling them monkey schools isn't exactly the right term when plenty of resources, activities, experiences, and education could never been aquired by those being regularily homeschooled. Having a dozen different well qualified teachers of different subjects strikes me as far more substantial as a learning environment than two parents, parent, or the occassional tutor now and again.

Friends and yadda yadda can be applied there as well.

I thought you were bringing something to the table with homeschooling so I responded to it, but I guess I was wrong.

Should full year schooling be around? I am pretty sure the question was, "what if you had to attend an all year round school?" If you are stating whether or not it should be or not, atleast come up with something that ties to that and involves the debate.

Bring something to the table Ma Man or atleast respond to my post as if it were part of the debate.

By the way, this is a member speaking not a mod so that psuedo crap could be thrown out the window if people are thinking that.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Most of these year long schools have plenty of break time. They just don't put it in all one shot. As Halo3master mentioned, the school does go full year, but after about 3 months, nearly a month of break is returned.

I think that is more than a fair enough deal. 3 months is less than a regular semester, so it would almost seem quite smooth and reasonable to have it that way. Instead of having everything at the end, why not have it during the year? Plenty of time to refresh a person mentally and keep them sharp.

Idk about anyone else, but after 2-3 months of solid break, just aobut everything you learned over the course of a regular shcool year is gone by the time you start back up again.

Doing that schedule would not exhaust a child mentally or physically, but actually improve. It is proof to do such and is actually being taken into serious consideration around the U.S. anyways. School weeks are slowly becomming 4 days instead of the regular five and cutting back on vacation time to compensate. It has shown significant results and the kids love the program.

The only reason why it wouldn't work now or close to the near future even if the system was applied, is because everyone has been doing the same for too long. It isn't exactly easy to break into a habit like that, and the idea of going all year long will just aobut make everyone frown at the idea.

Instead of actually realizing the entire thing, people just assume 7 days a week 365 or some riddiculous non sense such as that. Just strikes me as extremely lazy in my opinion.
    I was merely commenting on what I was told by parents and that their beliefs, not that I believe in them; but the fact that they do, were the reasons why I don' think it would work here in the U.S. The common misperseption 'bout this very subject would 'cause a severe negative backlash amongst, not only, students and teachers, but parents also. 'Cause so many parents believe in what I stated earier, it would b hard for them ta except the idea of a "Year Round" school. You r correct in sayin' that it would b hard for this country ta break inta a habit like a "Year Round" school, I was merely stating that students and teachers weren' the only ones opposed ta the idea. Maybe I should've elaberated more on what it was that I was tryin' ta say, now that I've reread what I typed, I think that I may have been a little vague in my answer.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I was merely commenting on what I was told by parents and that their beliefs, not that I believe in them; but the fact that they do, were the reasons why I don' think it would work here in the U.S. The common misperseption 'bout this very subject would 'cause a severe negative backlash amongst, not only, students and teachers, but parents also. 'Cause so many parents believe in what I stated earier, it would b hard for them ta except the idea of a "Year Round" school. You r correct in sayin' that it would b hard for this country ta break inta a habit like a "Year Round" school, I was merely stating that students and teachers weren' the only ones opposed ta the idea. Maybe I should've elaberated more on what it was that I was tryin' ta say, now that I've reread what I typed, I think that I may have been a little vague in my answer.
    You weren't vague in your response. I understood what you were saying and responded as such. Maybe it was just who's opinion that was stated which through me off. Usually when you talk about other's and then add your own at the end, it tends to give the message that that is how you came to your conclusion.

It doesn't really matter if the idea is disliked or isn't approved just by the students or teachers, just saying people in general wouldn't make a difference.

The year long plan can work and quite well; Halo's post should be proof enough. If it can work in other countries and in this one as we speak, I am sure it can work just about anywhere, even a few states away. It just may take some time to adjust, and who knows, it will probably end up being that way in the end.

The time being, the little that is currently being conducted should suffice. The end of the world wouldn't arrive if that were to happen. Noone would really break down mentally or just burn out. Highschool is highschool, middle school is middle school, elementary school is elementary, and it wouldn't make much of a difference to that if we suddenly split our 2-3 month summer break into 3 parts during the year.

I don't know how people can even consider that much different. What, we just added a week or two onto our Spring, Christmas, and Thanksgiving breaks?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think it would be a good idea for year
    round school not just because i have
    done graduated but becuase it keeps
    kids busy and out of trouble like joined
    some druged up gang who take drugs
    and shoot other kids.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

I would so do year round school ... though I'm outta high school now so if I want I could simply take college in the summer too lol >.<
    but the way I see it is that summer vacation makes me too lazy and soft I stop waking up early and I'm not using my brain for anything more than counting change and I forget most of the stuff I spent all year studying lol its just that once I'm out of the school environment and the constant challenge to do better than everyone else I back-track. all year long school would be good for me

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast