Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: should they ban violent and sexual realted games?

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should they ban violent and sexual realted games?

those people take "personable" too far

edit:add: people that weak minded are probably also on drugs and alchahol.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    sorry but you are soooo wrong. kidsget violent by the real life thats true but video games play a role. all tyhese wrestling games are having kids interpret the moves they see and grand theft auto isnt better. my brother is 8 and he is becoming like the thugs in grand theft because of the game. so im sorry but your post is soo wrong
    Your brother isn't a good example. Why the hell is he playing GTA at age 8 in the first place. That's bad parenting. No, that's terrible parenting. That's like forcing my kids to watch Wonder Showzen. It's sheer insanity and stupidity.

The funny thing about studies is that in a couple years, there will be another study that will prove the previous study wrong.
    I love my girlfriend.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    Your brother isn't a good example. Why the hell is he playing GTA at age 8 in the first place. That's bad parenting. No, that's terrible parenting. That's like forcing my kids to watch Wonder Showzen. It's sheer insanity and stupidity.
    i agree 200% there innerhell.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i respect your opinion but my parents didnt buy the game, he played it at my cousind house. so my parents are trying to relieve him of that so dont even say that. ny parents didnt even know he played it until 3 weeks ago so my parents arent terrible at their job so yea you need to cool it. and i have proof at the top so you should read it.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Thanks

we did, and testing druged and drunk college students ain't crap.

people who change THAT obviously are weak willed. no1 should ALLOW a game to affect their thinking or tendancies, i know i don't.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    ok i respect your opinion but my parents didnt buy the game, he played it at my cousind house. so my parents are trying to relieve him of that so dont even say that. ny parents didnt even know he played it until 3 weeks ago so my parents arent terrible at their job so yea you need to cool it. and i have proof at the top so you should read it.
    I apologize for my early accusation. My earlier post might not fit for your situation, but it works for other people with the right state of mind. Many people use violent video games as a stress reliever to sate their violent tendencies. Those that can't seem to control their violent tendencies are most likely that way because of exposure to violence at a young age or at a long duration of time. Seeing violent acts in such a manner can either warp a person's mind or desensitize it.

As for that study, the only accurate way of proving something like this is to have people from different backgrounds. There are different kind of gamers out there. There are the really competitive gamers that will play a lot and mess with their opponents. Shooting sadistically, teabagging, immature shenanigans of that nature. These people tend to use 1337 a lot and are sometimes annoying. There are the serious gamers that ignore immature things like that and just play for the sheer joy of it. There are gamers that are pure sadists and just like to see blood spill and bodies get hacked or shot at. These people should either be medicated or institutionalized.

Doing a study on a random group of college students does not work at all. Dong a study on a random group of college students with a delinquent history makes things pointless.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Aug 14, 2006 at 06:15 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ha this topic made me laugh so hard.It really did.

Listen and listen good.Theres ages on the games for a reason.If the kid plays it someone gave it to them or someone isint doing their job right *Looks at parents*
    If a game is 18's and a 8 year old gets their hands on it then its hardly their fault.And if someone is infulenced by a violent game then they are already messed up in the head.Someone wont go out and murder someone due to a game...a game might have put them over the edge but nothing woorse then a violent film or biolent lyrics would.

And anyway ive been playing violent games since i was 8.I always played them with my brother who always made sure i knew the diffrences of games and RL.Theres nothing wrong with that.Im a perfectly normal person and all the gaems are is fun.The only thing you have to do is to make sure the kid knows the diffrence between fiction and reality and youll be fine.Theres worse on the sox o'clock news now with all hte war,violence and death that does be on now.

Now all you anti game zealots go join Jack Thompson on the front line of Gods army as all you want is a full censhopship.If you dont like violent games then(suprise suprise) you dont have to play them.Dont ruin every elses enjoyment

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

I apologize for my early accusation. My earlier post might not fit for your situation, but it works for other people with the right state of mind. Many people use violent video games as a stress reliever to sate their violent tendencies. Those that can't seem to control their violent tendencies are most likely that way because of exposure to violence at a young age or at a long duration of time. Seeing violent acts in such a manner can either warp a person's mind or desensitize it.

As for that study, the only accurate way of proving something like this is to have people from different backgrounds. There are different kind of gamers out there. There are the really competitive gamers that will play a lot and mess with their opponents. Shooting sadistically, teabagging, immature shenanigans of that nature. These people tend to use 1337 a lot and are sometimes annoying. There are the serious gamers that ignore immature things like that and just play for the sheer joy of it. There are gamers that are pure sadists and just like to see blood spill and bodies get hacked or shot at. These people should either be medicated or institutionalized.

Doing a study on a random group of college students does not work at all.
    is quite fine. dont worr about it at all

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast