+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Should They Bring Back Hanging?

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should They Bring Back Hanging?

I am totally for bringing back hanging.and for any type of capital punishment.....
    For example...a person raped a young girl and then decided to kill her.....and then we find out on the news he was sentenced to life in prison or even shorter than that..I mean what in the world is that?.....I believe that if a person brought pain unto others...he should receive the pain tenfold....if the person killed another person..he or she deserves to die the same way....it is as simple as that..
    and then there are people in this world that will always go against capital punishment and say that it is a very "harsh" and "rude" way to die....and that makes me so angry..don't they see that the person is a murdered and that he or she actually KILLED somebody?
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

No. Because our justice systems are not perfect and it's unfortunate that even now people are being put into jail for a crime they did not commit. Bring back capital punishment and their is still that chance that an innocent person could be put to death for a crime they did not commit.

Without capital punishment, that innocent person would at least still be alive and still able to have people outside to collect evidence in his/her case, with the possibility of being released and compensated for being wrongly imprisoned. But, if wrongly accused and given the death penalty, well once your dead- your dead.

I'm all for harsher conditions for the more serious crimes though. Death just seems like an easy way out doesn't it? Well compared to rotting in a jail for life that is. A waste of money? not if conditions in there a made worse.

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

No. Killing someone for anything is wrong. Regardless of what they did. Sure, they killed someone. But we can't do much about that now, and taking that persons life isn't going to fix anything. A much better alternative to hanging someone could be helping them. Just an idea.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

No we should not, then we be the killers of the killers, what image are we setting for the childrens in the future, thats is ok to kill the people who has killed in the past? I say we should only do this if the crime a person did was massive like mass murder or a drug lord, something like that or death by firearms
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I say it depends entirely on the crime.
    For example, murder should result in either a hanging or just getting shot in a prison or something. Either way the person dies.
    My reason behind this is the saying "an eye for an eye" you kill somebody on purpose, you get killed in return.
    For petty crimes, such as stealing or something I believe that the punishments today would suffice.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Lots of mixed opinions and i respect them all but gwenbie yours i have to disagree with at the end, prison time or rotting in jail are two diffrent things, Prison time these days is apprantley easy if you are strong and have a gang it's fine if you weak yes it's hard. But apprantley it's easy so there not rotting but ENJOYING THERE SELVES!!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah and as I've already said in my last post I agree with you - I'm well aware of how easy some prisoners get it.

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I'm all for harsher conditions for the more serious crimes though. Death just seems like an easy way out doesn't it? Well compared to rotting in a jail for life that is. A waste of money? not if conditions in there a made worse.
    We don't need capital punishment - just harsher conditions in jails. Then again, unless we've been in jail will we really know how it is like?

But what you didn't address is what happens if we get innocent people killed? Bring them back to life xD

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

No we shouldn't bring hangings back. It's bad enough that our criminal justice system is based on the concept revenge. Ie. If you kill someone you're more than likely going to get the death penalty (depending on which state you're in. If you're in Texas you will get the death penalty unless you're Andrea Yates).

I know our prisons are over-crowding but that doesn't mean you need to bring back something as archaic as hanging. Or some new technology that can kill others. Our prisons are already in a sad state and the conditions there are close to be considered inhuman. Prisoners are forced to stay there and the chances of a rehabilitated and actually being able to survive in our society are slim. Even those who are deemed innocent like Ron Williamson and Dennis Fritz, and are later exonerated it is hard to survive in the real world.

What we need are reforms. Not more problems. Hangings aren't going to bring solutions only more problems..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast