+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Should They Bring Back Hanging?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should They Bring Back Hanging?

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Yeah and as I've already said in my last post I agree with you - I'm well aware of how easy some prisoners get it.

We don't need capital punishment - just harsher conditions in jails. Then again, unless we've been in jail will we really know how it is like?

But what you didn't address is what happens if we get innocent people killed? Bring them back to life xD
    From the stories I read, documentaries I watch and from what I see on the street; more capital punishment equals less crime. If you're afraid of being hung, injected with some crap that'll kill your ass faster than you can say "Get me the f*ck outta here!", or elecricuted; etc, more than likely, you'll want to walk a straighter path. In my opinion, if the punishment is more severe, the criminals who have no sense of right, wrong or consideration to others will be prime examples of what to do and not to do.

Harsher jail sentences don't fix anything. Most people aren't afraid of goin' to jail, but I'm willin' to bet they're afraid of death row--if there is one anywhere anymore. I've known cats who were so used to being in jail, they'd do somethin' to go back every summer! Jail is nothing to most hardened criminals. Death is everything to everybody.

Criminals learn from other criminals, just as childrend learn from other children. When I was a kid, if I seen another kid gettin' a whoopin' for something that I'd probably do, I knew not to do that thing, or I'll face an ass-whoopin' of equal or greater value. If criminals are being punished at a more severe level, than I believe the crime rate will drop.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

As the previous post i first answer that this Punishment might be a problem solver, due to the fact that Penitentiary Prison have been trying all different kinds of solutions to punish any kind of law breaker around the States.
    In my opinion this hanging may result in having less results of murderers causing any more problems in the near future.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    From the stories I read, documentaries I watch and from what I see on the street; more capital punishment equals less crime. If you're afraid of being hung, injected with some crap that'll kill your ass faster than you can say "Get me the f*ck outta here!", or elecricuted; etc, more than likely, you'll want to walk a straighter path. In my opinion, if the punishment is more severe, the criminals who have no sense of right, wrong or consideration to others will be prime examples of what to do and not to do.

Harsher jail sentences don't fix anything. Most people aren't afraid of goin' to jail, but I'm willin' to bet they're afraid of death row--if there is one anywhere anymore. I've known cats who were so used to being in jail, they'd do somethin' to go back every summer! Jail is nothing to most hardened criminals. Death is everything to everybody.

Criminals learn from other criminals, just as childrend learn from other children. When I was a kid, if I seen another kid gettin' a whoopin' for something that I'd probably do, I knew not to do that thing, or I'll face an ass-whoopin' of equal or greater value. If criminals are being punished at a more severe level, than I believe the crime rate will drop.
    Unfourtuantly the death penalty isn't what's pushing back crime. Especially if its murder. When you're about to kill someone the chances of you actually thinking about the capitol punishment are very slim.

Crime is a factor however in economically depreived parts of cities, specifically the inner cities. The inner cities used to be full of economic life until all the major factories moved elsewhere. Now its a haven for crime and illict acts. If you truly want to stop crime figure out some why to breathe economic life back into the ghettos. If there is stable economic life then there will be hardly any crime.

Those who steal, who are prostitutes, those who deal drugs have a reason as to why they're doing. It's to feed their kids and try their best survive. Sure it may not be something that you pretty much don't condone but once you live in poverty there really isn't much you can do.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    Unfourtuantly the death penalty isn't what's pushing back crime. Especially if its murder. When you're about to kill someone the chances of you actually thinking about the capitol punishment are very slim.

Crime is a factor however in economically depreived parts of cities, specifically the inner cities. The inner cities used to be full of economic life until all the major factories moved elsewhere. Now its a haven for crime and illict acts. If you truly want to stop crime figure out some why to breathe economic life back into the ghettos. If there is stable economic life then there will be hardly any crime.

Those who steal, who are prostitutes, those who deal drugs have a reason as to why they're doing. It's to feed their kids and try their best survive. Sure it may not be something that you pretty much don't condone but once you live in poverty there really isn't much you can do.
    I quote my step-mother--who is black--when I say, "You can't give n*ggas anything nice! They just f*ck sh*t up even more!" The inner cities are gonna have crime with our without money; which is why I say "yes" to capital punishment! Money doesn't fix anything. In fact, money is the main reason we have so many problems today! Murder, assault, robbery, breaking and entering.... In most cases--at least here in MN--those crimes are based on what?? That's right... MONEY! It's either that or drugs.

Either way you look at it, putting money in the pockets of criminals won't fix sh*t! Putting money in MY pocket so I can GTF out of the inner cities once and for all would fix a lot though, LOL.

I mean seriously though; which makes more sense: Givin' a bunch of wild ass, good for nothin', ticks and criminals a handful of cash and saying, "Please tone it down a notch," or just lockin' up and killin' off all the people who are causing us so much trouble? Which would prove to be a greater example to the rest of us? If you were a criminal who's probably robbed, beaten and killed dozens of people, would you quit your life of crime from being handed some loot, or would you quit if your criminal friend just got hung for doin' the same stupid sh*t you were doin'?

From my experiences in the past, from my friends who've also been in my shoes and judging from what I hear all these "thugs" talk about in public (what dumbasses!!!), all money is gonna do is make matters worse. "Yo, when I get the money, I'm gonna buy me a gun and I'ma shoot a n*gga!"

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

From the stories I read, documentaries I watch and from what I see on the street; more capital punishment equals less crime. If you're afraid of being hung, injected with some crap that'll kill your ass faster than you can say "Get me the f*ck outta here!", or elecricuted; etc, more than likely, you'll want to walk a straighter path. In my opinion, if the punishment is more severe, the criminals who have no sense of right, wrong or consideration to others will be prime examples of what to do and not to do. Harsher jail sentences don't fix anything. Most people aren't afraid of goin' to jail, but I'm willin' to bet they're afraid of death row--if there is one anywhere anymore. I've known cats who were so used to being in jail, they'd do somethin' to go back every summer! Jail is nothing to most hardened criminals. Death is everything to everybody.
    If criminals are being punished at a more severe level, than I believe the crime rate will drop.
    and I agree some what, you can count on the fact that some crimes will be reduced if the death penalty was brought back.

But as I've said in previous posts, The sole reason why I'm against it, is because our justice systems are not perfect and that being said what is stopping a person from being wrongly accused of a serious crime being put to death for a crime he/she did not commit? it has happened in the past with and without the death penalty - in fact if my memory serves me right, a man just recently got compensated for being wrongly accused for a crime in Aust.

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post

agreed, take away the reason these people are turning towards crime in the first place helps big time. Might not help everyone - but who knows it might help fair few.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

When you hang some one you have to use certain type of rope and make sure its set properly at the proper height because if you do it wrong you could very well decapitate them and that would be messy. As for bring back hanging, I think we should.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I quote my step-mother--who is black--when I say, "You can't give n*ggas anything nice! They just f*ck sh*t up even more!" The inner cities are gonna have crime with our without money; which is why I say "yes" to capital punishment! Money doesn't fix anything. In fact, money is the main reason we have so many problems today! Murder, assault, robbery, breaking and entering.... In most cases--at least here in MN--those crimes are based on what?? That's right... MONEY! It's either that or drugs.

Either way you look at it, putting money in the pockets of criminals won't fix sh*t! Putting money in MY pocket so I can GTF out of the inner cities once and for all would fix a lot though, LOL.

I mean seriously though; which makes more sense: Givin' a bunch of wild ass, good for nothin', ticks and criminals a handful of cash and saying, "Please tone it down a notch," or just lockin' up and killin' off all the people who are causing us so much trouble? Which would prove to be a greater example to the rest of us? If you were a criminal who's probably robbed, beaten and killed dozens of people, would you quit your life of crime from being handed some loot, or would you quit if your criminal friend just got hung for doin' the same stupid sh*t you were doin'?

From my experiences in the past, from my friends who've also been in my shoes and judging from what I hear all these "thugs" talk about in public (what dumbasses!!!), all money is gonna do is make matters worse. "Yo, when I get the money, I'm gonna buy me a gun and I'ma shoot a n*gga!"
    And what does giving them the death penalty solve? As far as I'm concerned you're still taking another one's life. In our society that is deemed wrong and inhumane. Everyone has a right to life, am I right? Then so do criminals. If you want them (the murderers) dead then you are no better than them in my book. What if that person was innocent? Should he still get death even though he is innocent?

And money could help. With money there very well could be the possibility of there being a better education system. Especially in places like Chicago and the inner cities.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well in all honesty, perhaps hanging is too specific, at least for me. i personally wish the death penalty was enstated more often. Some people's actions have them deserve to die, and in all honesty, a man from 20000 or so BC said it best. "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." Thank you Hammurabi.
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast