+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Should They Bring Back Hanging?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should They Bring Back Hanging?

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    And what does giving them the death penalty solve? As far as I'm concerned you're still taking another one's life. In our society that is deemed wrong and inhumane. Everyone has a right to life, am I right? Then so do criminals. If you want them (the murderers) dead then you are no better than them in my book. What if that person was innocent? Should he still get death even though he is innocent?

And money could help. With money there very well could be the possibility of there being a better education system. Especially in places like Chicago and the inner cities.
    Have you grown up in the inner cities? Because if not, you're kinda lacking in this subject. Yeah, killing is killing; I understand that point. But whatever happened to "an eye for an eye"? I'm vendictive at times. When I get robbed and the cops don't do anything to help, I demand justice and I often find myself being talked out of going to obtain that justice. Sorry, but if you meant to harm--possibly kill--me, if you are being violent to others, someone has to give that person a taste of his/her own medicine.

"What if he's innocent?" Good question. Maybe detectives should actually DETECT something! Maybe people who are harboring the true criminal aren't saying anything because they're scared. Either way... Ooops! Bzzzt!!! Sh*t happens. We can't always be 100% accurate. But we can try. And how many people do you hear of that are framed? I'm fairly certain that it's slim pickin's? So, why worry about a small fraction of innocent people when you can save TONS of innocents by eliminating criminals? I'm not saying execute EVERY criminal, just the ones that truly deserve it.

Make them in to a shining example (Bzzt! ) for all the other criminals out there.

About your money comment: Yes, money COULD and SHOULD go to the educational system and yes, we need to raise bar of education. But most criminals drop out of school, so what's the point? A better education system won't stop the creation of criminals. That's just being unrealistic, in my opinion.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Might as well bring it back & why you at it why not bring back slavery to try & stop/scare blacks from doing" half the sh!t they do"... Or how bout' bring the holocaust back to get even with the Jews for "messing up Christianity & killing Jesus"... I know Robert Byrd & Mel Gibson love these ideas...

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Thank you Hammurabi.
    Of course, the person who came up with the 'eye for an eye' concept in law also had doctors put to death if their patients died, builders to death if the houses fell down, then to decide if someone's guilty, they would put them through a Trial by Fire, and throw the accused into a lake to see if they'd drown.

I'd say the Code of Laws was probably the origin of the word flaw.

Now, if that big stone slab of harshness didn't work(If it did, wouldn't we be using it today?), why would anything less work?

Criminals who commit serious death-penalty inducing crimes aren't the smartest of people, and more importantly, they are not the most rational of people. And without rationale, they'll commit the crime regardless of consequences. I find it hard to believe anyone who'd commit a 25 year prison crime would sit there beforehand with a scale pondering "Pro: They'll be murdered. Con: Years in Prison +Me. Hmm...me musts figure out if its worth it... ", then make a calm decision in favor of pro.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Have you grown up in the inner cities? Because if not, you're kinda lacking in this subject. Yeah, killing is killing; I understand that point. But whatever happened to "an eye for an eye"? I'm vendictive at times. When I get robbed and the cops don't do anything to help, I demand justice and I often find myself being talked out of going to obtain that justice. Sorry, but if you meant to harm--possibly kill--me, if you are being violent to others, someone has to give that person a taste of his/her own medicine.

"What if he's innocent?" Good question. Maybe detectives should actually DETECT something! Maybe people who are harboring the true criminal aren't saying anything because they're scared. Either way... Ooops! Bzzzt!!! Sh*t happens. We can't always be 100% accurate. But we can try. And how many people do you hear of that are framed? I'm fairly certain that it's slim pickin's? So, why worry about a small fraction of innocent people when you can save TONS of innocents by eliminating criminals? I'm not saying execute EVERY criminal, just the ones that truly deserve it.

Make them in to a shining example (Bzzt! ) for all the other criminals out there.

About your money comment: Yes, money COULD and SHOULD go to the educational system and yes, we need to raise bar of education. But most criminals drop out of school, so what's the point? A better education system won't stop the creation of criminals. That's just being unrealistic, in my opinion.
    I haven't but my dad did. He made sure that I would never have to see or experience what went on there. That's why whenever we move my dad makes sure that we live in a nice neighborhood. So that I could live in a nice neighborhood and would never have to deal with those kinds of things. That's why he makes me save my money and other things. There is a method to his madness.

Now the problem with dropouts is that they don't care to go to school. They think that school is unecessary. The problem is that we need to get these lost souls to care again. Maybe reform the education system. If the kids were dropping out to work and help out their families, then I have no problem with that. My grandfather was a blue-collar worker (he's retired). He used to work on the railroad for 40 some-odd years. He was a hard worker. But if its because you hate school then you shouldn't be allowed to dropout. But that's just me.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    I haven't but my dad did. He made sure that I would never have to see or experience what went on there. That's why whenever we move my dad makes sure that we live in a nice neighborhood. So that I could live in a nice neighborhood and would never have to deal with those kinds of things. That's why he makes me save my money and other things. There is a method to his madness.

Now the problem with dropouts is that they don't care to go to school. They think that school is unecessary. The problem is that we need to get these lost souls to care again. Maybe reform the education system. If the kids were dropping out to work and help out their families, then I have no problem with that. My grandfather was a blue-collar worker (he's retired). He used to work on the railroad for 40 some-odd years. He was a hard worker. But if its because you hate school then you shouldn't be allowed to dropout. But that's just me.
    And I fully agree with you about dropouts. I feel like if you're gonna drop out of school, it's because you're either "too smart" for school and you want to get a GED and finish early, or you're in a situation where you have to work your ass off to help your relatives. Those are the only two things that should keep you from school. But that's not often the case here in the inner cities.

Most kids who drop out do it because they think being a "thug", slangin' drugs and terrorizing the neighborhood is easier than going to school and graduating, getting a good job and keeping it; which sickens me to no end. When I started HS, there were 800 students in my class; when I graduated, only 150 walked. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY!!! You know where the rest went? Jail, juvinile detention, gangs, the grave yard, or the crack house...

And yeah, most criminals don't weigh pros and cons before commiting the act and yes, sometimes people become pretty impulsive. But I'm willing to bet that if we just executed 100 murderers and made the news of it public, the crime wouldn't stop, but it would definitely decrease. I'm not saying execute doctors for accidentally losing a patient, or kill the builder because of a work related incident. I'm saying clean up our towns so the people who are doin' nothing but trying to live a decent life can do so with no worry of being attacked/killed.

Jails are over crowded, rap videos portray jail and gang-banging as "cool" and our standards drop with each passing year. Something needs to be done and letting prisoners rot isn't working!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    And I fully agree with you about dropouts. I feel like if you're gonna drop out of school, it's because you're either "too smart" for school and you want to get a GED and finish early, or you're in a situation where you have to work your ass off to help your relatives. Those are the only two things that should keep you from school. But that's not often the case here in the inner cities.

Most kids who drop out do it because they think being a "thug", slangin' drugs and terrorizing the neighborhood is easier than going to school and graduating, getting a good job and keeping it; which sickens me to no end. When I started HS, there were 800 students in my class; when I graduated, only 150 walked. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY!!! You know where the rest went? Jail, juvinile detention, gangs, the grave yard, or the crack house...

And yeah, most criminals don't weigh pros and cons before commiting the act and yes, sometimes people become pretty impulsive. But I'm willing to bet that if we just executed 100 murderers and made the news of it public, the crime wouldn't stop, but it would definitely decrease. I'm not saying execute doctors for accidentally losing a patient, or kill the builder because of a work related incident. I'm saying clean up our towns so the people who are doin' nothing but trying to live a decent life can do so with no worry of being attacked/killed.

Jails are over crowded, rap videos portray jail and gang-banging as "cool" and our standards drop with each passing year. Something needs to be done and letting prisoners rot isn't working!
    This is 100% correct and is a good exaple as why the death penalty should be brought back. Its not so much "an eye for an eyes" but rather because they are to damn dangerous to let live. For the most part, murderars who are let out of prisen end up going back and doing the same thing, which is killing people and then we have to go and look for them all over again. These kind of people there is no hope for and there for should be delt with, not put them in a time out for a life time.
    Accidental dealths, as Atomic said with the builders and doctors, wouldnt face the dealth penalty if a building came down on some one and killing them, or if there was no way for the Dr. to save a pasiont or the surgery went bad and here is why, these are all unintenional dealths.
    As for high school drop outs that ditch school do it because they think they are cool, because there are far to many videos and junk and music portraying that life as gangster or what ever will make them look cool or what ever crap they get out of it.
    I had a friend who was killed by one of these people. She was one of a few friends I had at the time when I was in HS. But now I, nore her family or friends can never see her again. Tell me, is that cool? No! Its evil!!
    If you are going to drop out of school, make sure they are for good reasons like Atomc said, if you need to help support your family is one of the few.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

For the most part, murderars who are let out of prisen end up going back and doing the same thing, which is killing people and then we have to go and look for them all over again. These kind of people there is no hope for and there for should be delt with, not put them in a time out for a life time.
    I think a partial reason for this is because society shuns ex-convicts of serious crimes. Is a shop keeper going to hire someone who in the past has commited thievery? Probably not. Even if these ex-convicts have good intentions coming out of prison, they may be forced by circumstances to commit wrong acts again. Rather than a death penalty, I think we need to work more on assimilating ex-convicts back into positive influences on society. As it is now, in a lot of cases we are sending them back to commit crimes, but it's not entirely their fault in my opinion.

Accidental dealths, as Atomic said with the builders and doctors, wouldnt face the dealth penalty if a building came down on some one and killing them, or if there was no way for the Dr. to save a pasiont or the surgery went bad and here is why, these are all unintenional dealths.
    I think my point here has been a little misconstrued. What I was trying to say is that harsher and more brutal justice systems have been implemented plenty of times throughout history, and they hardly work any better.

But I'm willing to bet that if we just executed 100 murderers and made the news of it public, the crime wouldn't stop, but it would definitely decrease.
    I ask again, are we to murder whomever commits these executions? For they too are murderers, regardless of whether they're with the government or not.

And what of the vigilantes who will get the brilliant idea that it's all right to kill others as long as you percieve them to be 'bad people'?

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

In my last post I don't know if anyone saw the sarcasm... Don't want any misunderstandings ^_^

N*e* ways I don't have a problem with the death penalty, but bringing back public hanging/lynching sounds a little absurd & a side bar fix of some real issues behind crime in general...

If the thought of your freedom being took &/or dying in confinement don't scare a person enough... you actually believe that hanging is going to slow down or put a stop to crime.??

Slave owners was hanging their slaves from running or with holding information & stuff like that & you believe that put a stop or slowed down things of that nature from happening.??

Yea' you might say that is different & all that, but they wanted to be free & have a better life in which they were willing to take that chance... Same mentality with most of these criminals other than the psychos (whatever crime they do is fun > type)...

Do you actually believe that hanging criminals will slow down crime.?? Really ask yourself

Now I am not siding with criminals or anything & I do believe in the death penalty, just not Flintstone methods...

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast