+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Should they legalize Marijuana

Newbie Nameless Shadow may be famous one day Nameless Shadow may be famous one day Nameless Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should they legalize Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Nemu
    This is like asking "Why is suicide illegal?" I mean, if someone wants to kill themselves, why should we stop them? It comes from an alterior belief in morality. Who can define morality though? That was left up to your lawmakers. The government does have another agenda though. Drugs tend to make governments unstable and decrease productivity. China was largely overthrown by its Opium imports that it was not able to control. Your thoughts?
    Great answer man my ppoint exactly

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

they shouldn't legalize it!
    i dont want to be walking around breathing in the smoke from someone's joint! in my opinion, cigarettes r bad enough. half the ppl on my bus would smoke maurijuana on the bus if it was legal!

Newbie Nameless Shadow may be famous one day Nameless Shadow may be famous one day Nameless Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes thankyou lets boo to whoever says it should its just plan stupid its like saying suicide is legil.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

i forgot to add:

waste of money

waste of time

waste of life

waste of the lives of others around the smoker

smoking anything by my standards is SO stupid i just want to- *starts breathing heavily* *clenches fists* grrr!!! *grinds teeth*

in my opinion if u smoke maurijuana u r SO STUPID! like some have said before, it's like slow suicide.
    Last edited by BrightShadow_96; Mar 25, 2006 at 03:05 PM.

Banned Jwinner182 may be famous one day Jwinner182 may be famous one day
    Thanks

No they should not. It is ridiculous to even talk about it. Once legalized Marijuana use would only become even more widespread. Marijuana should not be legalized because it is a step in the wrong direction.

John

Newbie Nausicaä may be famous one day Nausicaä may be famous one day
    Thanks

Many people don't see the good consequences of legalising it.

Legalize Marijuana. This is because tobacco and alcohol also have similar ill effects to the body and society, yet they are legalized. Marijuana is only if less harmful then cigarettes. Legalizing it means a healthy balance in the form of taxes, the police resources can be used elsewhere (against murderers, drug-drugs like cocaine...etc), and the increased income can be used for the health department. The people dying from marijuana is much less than tobacco or obesity anyways. Some might say that marijuana smokers would smoke everywhere if its legalized, but you don't see tobacco smokers smoke everywhere. They usually do it in not-public-places. For those that said marijuana is expensive and will go broke, look at it this way. If it is legalized, larger, evil companies (with mass production, and government taxable), will make the price of marijuana to go down. Mass production always makes prices to go down, not to mention those evil companies would want to make more people to smoke, so they will cut the price. The smaller, private house grown marijuana house would simply go out of business and we won't have annoying marijuana houses that steal electricity and make the entire neighbourhood smell of marijuana. Simply put, legalising it will actually drop crime. I never heard of people breaking into houses to get money for cigarettes, and I reckon it will be the same for marijuana. Others says it will derail governments. I don't see it, with the prime example in the Dutch. The Dutch has legal prostitution, nearly legalised marijuana, gay marriages, and is one of the world's most legalised state. However, they are as stable as any other more conservative western nations (like the U.S).

If you think I support marijuana smoking, I don't. Mostly that was playing devil's advocate. I think that we should see both sides of the issue. I dislike any sort of smoke and drugs in general. However, I want to make my point about the benefits of actually legalising it. We have a choice. We don't have to smoke. It's not like legalising it will force you to smoke it; and from what I know, breaking away from marijuana is easier than cigarettes. Really, legalising it will have to weight the good from the bad; but in this province (British Colombia, Canada), the weed industry is the 4th largest. Taxing it will provide an extreamly big income, and the $ can go into health and education; in which these can help dwindle the amount of smokers by using education and prevention.

Pros: More government income.
    Less crimes.

Con: More people smokes.

Seven Silk Strands Striking Some Serious Sombrenos.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

-blinks-

Hell no.

the consequences for smoking a joint and a cig are different in more than one way. However the major difference, is that of the effects each drug has. While cigs are a stimulant, marijuana is a depressant. Cigs do not alter your thought process (except for addiction).

Hell no, it should not be legalized. I could further explain my reasoning, I'm just tired.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Sniper06 may be famous one day Sniper06 may be famous one day Sniper06's Avatar
    Thanks

I think making marijuana legalize is such a no no. Because maybe some pushers there buy and buy some marijuana in the store and keep it for using it daily if they legalize it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast