Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Should Violent Video Games be banned?

This thought occured to me while I was playing Resident Evil 4. I was happily shooting away at the crazy people, thinking how violent it actually is.

A while back now, there were people on TV protesting that violent games should be banned ( here in Aust). they were more specifically talking about GTA. They showed kids younger than 10 playing it! Also I heard sumwhere that someone shot somebody because he was heavily influenced by a game ( i think it was hitman)

I don't think that they should be banned. Parents should take more control over what they are buying for there kids. If they have a problem with how violent the game is don't buy it! Why all of a sudden do they have to ban a game? GTA is for older people not the teenie ones! Those parents that don't realise that.. geez...

By the time I started playing those type of games, i knew right from wrong and, between games and reality and was no way influenced by them.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

First of all, they are rating on the games which is suppose to prevent younger kids getting their hands on those games. Those ratings were designed by the governing body of games in view of keeping the childern as safe as possible.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I know, but it's surprising how many kids still get their hands on those games, and i find that even parents don't bother looking at those ratings. I work in at a video store and it's surprising how many parents don't even look at the type of games that their child wants, usually it's not until I tell them will they re-think that child wants. All they need to do is read..

yet they won't be happy until they are banned...

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

If parents don't care about it, then why would you ban them? The rating system for games is one of the best you'll find. I say let it be.

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

banning these games is useless, as they can be very easily gotten and copied. it depends on the individual to restrict the playing of such games. Parents should check on their kids what they are playing. it work both ways. but i dare say they are fun...

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

It all goes back to the one thing that the government and society does NOT do and that is blame the parents for these things, the parent should be informed of what their kid is watching or playing video games with, too many parents dont' read the labels nor the warnings on packages, because the governement doesn't want to blame the parents, they take it out on the industry. The industry has a right to print out a game no matter how ridiculous or disgusting it is, because in their minds, it is considered an art form, as long as they properly label and warn people about the content of the game is fine. The system in place is fine, and the studies by secret-shoppers have to realize, that when a child doesn't get an M rated game, there are parents that come and vouch for the child hence, it becomes a question of profits vs. moral good. Besides, there are things on televisoin that parents watch with their kids that have the same exact shit on as well. Its up to the parents and society needs to waek parents up and realize that this is their responsibility, not the industry's

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Aeneas Galis may be famous one day Aeneas Galis may be famous one day Aeneas Galis's Avatar
    Thanks

ratings are made for a reason and people ignore them , then they are pissed that child is playing such aviolent game but if time was taken to look these problems wouldnt occur so like most i say violent vide3o games should never be banned.
    "you heard it too.... the voice of the wind" (sdk)

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

Nah it doesnt actually influence people at all people just need something to blame for the way their kids act weather its violently or anything else.
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast