Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

ignorant people make up the majority of the population
    they are usually too stupid or should I say "blind" (it's nicer) to see the truth
    everyone needs a scapegoat, something to blame, because they're not mature enough to take the blame for themselves
    instead, they play the "blame game" and blame others or something totally unrelated or barely linked to the subject
    ooh... he shooted up a school and he played Grand Theft Auto!?!! OMGWTFBBQ!!
    let's totally ignore that he was harassed, abused, and bullied on until he finally snapped!!

that's the way the world works
    ignorance is bliss
    I love my girlfriend.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    This thought occured to me while I was playing Resident Evil 4. I was happily shooting away at the crazy people, thinking how violent it actually is.

A while back now, there were people on TV protesting that violent games should be banned ( here in Aust). they were more specifically talking about GTA. They showed kids younger than 10 playing it! Also I heard sumwhere that someone shot somebody because he was heavily influenced by a game ( i think it was hitman)

I don't think that they should be banned. Parents should take more control over what they are buying for there kids. If they have a problem with how violent the game is don't buy it! Why all of a sudden do they have to ban a game? GTA is for older people not the teenie ones! Those parents that don't realise that.. geez...

By the time I started playing those type of games, i knew right from wrong and, between games and reality and was no way influenced by them.
    Yup, its all the parents fault for letting their kids playing violent games. I waited till I turned 18 to play rated M games like a responsible person but my dad could care less. When I bought Resident Evil 4, my younger sister wanted to play it and I told her to wait til she's old enough but my dad says to just let her play. But being a good brother that I am I refused to let her play and hid the game with all the other things she's too young for.

So you older brother and sisters out there, look out for the little ones for yours and their sake.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Newbie teardrops may be famous one day teardrops may be famous one day teardrops's Avatar
    Thanks

Why should violent games be banned if everyone is so ignorent to the ratings?It is not just parents but also store clerks! They'll let kids that look like they're 13 walk out of the store with an M rated game half the time. It's not like going into an R rated movie where you have to show ID. I think they shold pay attention to what is really going on before they go around banning games. Oh ya, and think of all the money some companies would lose because they can't sell their games in some countries!
    Pain is just a state of mind. So get over it.

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

No, violent video games should not be banned. The reason for this is very simple.

There is a rating on the corner of every game put out by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). This rating clearly states with contrasting black and white colors what the rating of any game is based on said game's violence, nudity and profanity content.

If parents or ANYONE have any problem with these violent 'M' (mature) rated games being on the shelf at rental stores and game depots, then that is there problem. If parents don't want their kids to play violent games, then the parents are the ones responsible for keeping their children away from said games. Parents can't expect any rational government to take all violent games off the shelf just because they are too irresponsible and lazy to keep an eye on their own kids.

Who honestly cares either way. Just because some psycho #$cked in the head kid that blows up a school just happened to like violent video games, doesn't mean that the video games made him want to blow up a school.

Why should violent games be banned if everyone is so ignorent to the ratings?It is not just parents but also store clerks! They'll let kids that look like they're 13 walk out of the store with an M rated game half the time. It's not like going into an R rated movie where you have to show ID. I think they shold pay attention to what is really going on before they go around banning games. Oh ya, and think of all the money some companies would lose because they can't sell their games in some countries!
    You can't ask the clerks to ask for a kid's age just because their buying an M rated game, because then we'd have to issued ID's to all kids that state clearly the age. Straight to the point again, it's the parents job to keep kids away from such games.

Unless you're planning on being a parent like I'm planning to be one. I'm going to expose my kids to EVERYTHING bad in the world. By the time she (I plan on having a girl. All my little cousins are male, and frankly, I don't like what I see.) is four, she's going to know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. She'll know all the swears and, oh, it will be great. But I'll also teach her that the nature of almost everything is ambivalent and ambiguous, and that there is a ying and yang to everything.

For the record, YES, I plan on having the coolest little badass on the planet. First day of school she is totally going clad in chain mail and fur.
    Last edited by AniManga Hound; Apr 17, 2006 at 05:46 PM.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd also like to add the store clerks to the blame list too doodz, well, except me cuz I'm responsible. But some of the guys I work with will sell games to kids that are "obviously" not 18!! God!! Some of these kids are like 12~14 and they sell it to them no questions asked!! I on the other hand ask for a ID and this is when they say things like "um...I don't have it with me but you can still sell it right?" or "C'mon!! I'm obviously 18 dude!! Don't worry!" or even "My mom said it was ok..."

This is just sad....
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

ne. people should be able to choose whatever games they want to play. freedom of speech and all that jazz. a person should know if they feel up to playing an M rated game or not.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Yes that is true freedom of speech but does that imply in a sense that u can do what u want because it is the law that everyman and woman has the right to freedom of speech i think not.
    This is the same topic as age in movies and violense on tv and all of this is not all look at the violence that we have in Anime it is absurd and ppl say things like but it is just anime and how many ppl u see that live for there anime day in day out.
    I am not talking about the good anime like stories like but violence like Blood+
    1.the responsibility lies not with the ppl that make these games alone but also with the parent of the child they should inforce the law or be actively involved and pout off the gore in the games like the splatter of blood.
    2.The ppl that make these games have to inforce the violence on these games in the sense of a code that the parent needs to put in if he or she want the kid to see the Blood and gore.Like all the game u buy when installed normally the gore will not be there u have to enable it or no gore will be shown.
    3.Shooting games is the mostly the ones been protested and that is a fact that ppl who spend hours and hours playing games like SOF 1&2 and so on can get addicted to the way the have control over the enemy by sniping ,knifing,shhoting legs of and arms off and stuff like that u know this creates the feeling that when u don't agree with someone[young] that violence is the next thing.
    So when this person grows up and get the oppertunity to have a weapon or something that memory is still stuck in the mind it will not be erased only replaced by a new way of thinking.

So what i am saying is i agree that they should have stricter restrictions on the games because there is a few ppl that cannot cope with the violence and cannot see the difference between real life and make belief of the games.

I must say i Play Counter Strike Ssource online and the amount of young ppl on the servers is amsing and they sometimes have the worst things to say about some else that is better than them.This is so typical of the internet in general because u sit in the comfort of your room and if u wanna be a rufneck u can or a suttle silent type u can u choose what kind of person u wanna be so yeah if kids grow up one day the may be able to decide on being someone cool instead of someone dead inside.

Mercenary SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara's Avatar
    Thanks

The parents should guide their childrens, so that they are not influenced by those violent games..... First they must buy their kids some stuff needed while they are young and not those games..... It may reflect to their attitudes and cause them to destroy or become a bully or somethi'n, it may also reflect to them and realize what they are doing(Its because of the game)..... And at the end they all will suffer.....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast