Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by AniManga Hound
    No, violent video games should not be banned. The reason for this is very simple.

There is a rating on the corner of every game put out by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). This rating clearly states with contrasting black and white colors what the rating of any game is based on said game's violence, nudity and profanity content.

If parents or ANYONE have any problem with these violent 'M' (mature) rated games being on the shelf at rental stores and game depots, then that is there problem. If parents don't want their kids to play violent games, then the parents are the ones responsible for keeping their children away from said games. Parents can't expect any rational government to take all violent games off the shelf just because they are too irresponsible and lazy to keep an eye on their own kids.

Who honestly cares either way. Just because some psycho #$cked in the head kid that blows up a school just happened to like violent video games, doesn't mean that the video games made him want to blow up a school.

You can't ask the clerks to ask for a kid's age just because their buying an M rated game, because then we'd have to issued ID's to all kids that state clearly the age. Straight to the point again, it's the parents job to keep kids away from such games.
    Seems you said all what i was going to say...

...Impulsive...

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

the GTA games are some of the best games ever!!!!!

ROCKSTAR!!!

Code Name Wind

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone has said everything that needs saying on this topic pretty much ^_^

Anyways, I think banning the video games is an easy way out for the parents. This way, they wont be blamed for anything that their own child is playing, because they wont have the responsibility anymore! Hehe, pretty nice plan actually......

But if they ban violent video games, why not ban every other bad influence as well? Why just stop at one, when they can make a move on alcohol, drugs, and stuff that are a million times worse than a CD with entertainment for teens? Because they cant..........

And the solution? Well, like many others have pointed out....... proper discipline. Its not the games that need removing, its the person's conduct. A disciplined person will bring more benefit than a person who was blocked out from the evil influences around them. Because there will always come a time when they need to face this........ and then what will they do?
    Kastelic's creation

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage
    I waited till I turned 18 to play rated M games like a responsible person
    wow, I started playing those type of games much earlier ( around 13-15 I think). My parents set rules, I wasn't aloud of course to play them with my younger siblings, so that meant that I rarely got to play them. what I just realised is that the people who sold them to me or hired them out to me, never said anything about my age.

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    But if they ban violent video games, why not ban every other bad influence as well? Why just stop at one, when they can make a move on alcohol, drugs, and stuff that are a million times worse than a CD with entertainment for teens?
    Yup that's true. And what about the evening news ( if anyone eva watches it lol) That has heaps of references to murder, violence, drugs etc etc, teenie ones could be just as easily influenced by that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    the GTA games are some of the best games ever!!!!!

ROCKSTAR!!!
    Well for me Resident Evil is better.... but GTA is just as good!!

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

It's alot like the r rated movies and all that. You have to be over 18 to watch those shows. Same goes for the games. Parents need to realize that even though it's a game they are very damaging to a person who doesn't know right from wrong

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they should be banned as the younger people do not care and get violent themselves. But on the other hand, they are good for taking out your anger and frustration.

Newbie therebel may be famous one day therebel may be famous one day therebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I was scanning for something to post in and found this one. This has been a topic among my roomy and friends on more than one occasion. Especially because of GTA. I do not believe violent games should be banned. Why ban them, isn't that why we have started the whole game rating system? If need be, rate it mature so only adults can buy it. If a kid's parents let them play it and they go out and kill someone, don't hold the game company responsible. It was the parents that let it happen, hold them responsible for being bad parents.
    And as for games influencing people, it all depends on the person's mental state. If they are easily influenced, then they shouldn't be allowed to play it. And often a person doesn't need a game to do violent things. TV shows the same stuff as a game does, what's next ban TV? The news often shows stories about shootings and such, lets ban that too. It isn't up to the government to babysit us, we should be able to make these calls ourselves, and be responsible for our actions instead of blaming someone, or something else.

Otaku karinka may be famous one day karinka may be famous one day karinka's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope they don't get banned. I like shooting at things!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast