Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowskin
    Hecks yes. I think violent video games should not be made because no tellin,one day it can influence somebody young or old.
    yes i do love video games so i'm sorry to all you violen t video game fans but guys this is the truth....
    Much props for standing out against the majority, but I must disagree! The blame isn't on the game itself, people need to take responsibility for their actions.

Violent video games are made with the soul purpose to entertain. What people do after they play these games is up to them. It's always easier to find something to blame than to take responsibility for our own mistakes.

o~Piggy-san~o

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    Much props for standing out against the majority, but I must disagree! The blame isn't on the game itself, people need to take responsibility for their actions.

Violent video games are made with the soul purpose to entertain. What people do after they play these games is up to them. It's always easier to find something to blame than to take responsibility for our own mistakes.
    Yep, I completely agree! (except for the "soul" part...... ^_^;

Shadowskin, I humbly suggest you read the other posts first, or at least give a more concrete retort as to why video games should be banned........ I respect that you have your own viewpoint, but we cant see that if you dont provide explanations......

As for now, I still agree on not putting the blame on video games.........
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

umm why i love violent vg but sometimes it not good for certain people...i don't know really but u know lil kids shouldn't play them okay? bigger kids should.. i do.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think its the kids foult at all its the parrents foult that there kids are performing what they see hear on tv/music if the parrents would stop being lazy and thinking that school would teach them right from wrong no thats the parrents job i feel bad for my mom couse my mom has to put up with her bosses kids crap because there parrents are to lazzy to teach them any commen sence and in tern kids that aren't tought right to wrong will be the typ of people we see and hear in the news so all i have to say is dont blaim others for your mistake

Do to others as you see fit

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

no no no they shouldent because thats the persons choice to play them and its there oune actions to do stupid stuff.

Tanks zyta

Newbie sdds may be famous one day sdds may be famous one day sdds's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just a video game fan...yes that includes violent ones, so obviously I'm not going to want them banned...however I do think they should be held to the same standards as movies. Compare an R rated movie to an Ao game...pretty much the same...why the double standard? is it because you take a more active role in the game? probably and I guess I could go along with that, not that I have a choice. But when does personal resposibility come into play, why does one individuals actions reflect the society? Besides video games alone don't make someone violent, there are a lot more factors that go into it that that.

In the end yes these games probably could influence a small fraction of kids to do bad things, but what else was going wrong in their life to cause this...but where were the parents, why didn't they stop their child from playing?
    My DVD Collection: http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?id=tcannon

PLease Visit Cinema Paradise if you like movies

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    This thought occured to me while I was playing Resident Evil 4. I was happily shooting away at the crazy people, thinking how violent it actually is.

A while back now, there were people on TV protesting that violent games should be banned ( here in Aust). they were more specifically talking about GTA. They showed kids younger than 10 playing it! Also I heard sumwhere that someone shot somebody because he was heavily influenced by a game ( i think it was hitman)

I don't think that they should be banned. Parents should take more control over what they are buying for there kids. If they have a problem with how violent the game is don't buy it! Why all of a sudden do they have to ban a game? GTA is for older people not the teenie ones! Those parents that don't realise that.. geez...

By the time I started playing those type of games, i knew right from wrong and, between games and reality and was no way influenced by them.
    well i suppose really it depends on the content of the game. Such as how graphic it is and also how great the graphics in the first place. As an Unreal Tournament 2004 player, i don't thinks its that violent but when you think of it as a parent, you worry that if the child thinks it is ok to kill someone in a game then its ok for them to fight in real life.

I don't know if this has already been brought up in this thread so i do apologise for repeating it. But here in the UK there was a killing after a child had played the game PainKiller i think it was. He was play fighting with his mate with a knife and killed him. Since then there has been better protection for child buying games.

personally i think they should be more tuff on who actually buys the games and who entends to play them because as graphic cards improve, the more detailed the blood etc will be (although to some games that would be more realistic, to other people it would seem to real).
    Last edited by Sazzy; May 03, 2006 at 11:38 AM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Companies like Rockstar are always getting sued because their kid picked up some crime technique from GTA games

...Impulsive...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast