Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Violent Video Games be banned?

No, they should not be banned. The video games have ratings for a reason. If a 12 year old gets a hold of a mature rated video game, and goes around the house cursing, it is the parent's fault, not the makers.They tried to warn you.

Otaku Gundragon may be famous one day Gundragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

No, violent video games should not be banned. I am a person who does not believe in censorship for the most part. When the label on a game says "Mature" or "18+", it means "for mature people" or "for people of age 18 and older."

Now, for some reason, parents in America are morons(as a whole, not every single parent), and allow their small, impressionable, sheltered children to rent these video games with the rating "M" on them, and then complain when they see people being blown to bits or chopped in half. That's just stupid.

If a label says a game is too mature for your child, then DON'T RENT IT. They have warnings there for a reason. But America just needs something to blame for the laziness of parents in this new generation, and they chose violent video games.

Newbie therebel may be famous one day therebel may be famous one day therebel's Avatar
    Thanks

And alas, there seem to be more parents who are irresponsible every year. More and more parents just let their kids run wild, and then wonder why they can't control them when they get older. And lets make matters worse by having adopted a habit of placing blame where it best suits the person doing the blaming. Instead of blame the actual cause. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be part of this society.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

There r much games dat r violent.for many its fun but it creates a negative impact upon those who play it.Sure we could ban it.dat would be the right thing to do of course.but many will be complaining.i,however,don't care.

Newbie Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not a parent but do have younger brouthers.... I do believe a parent should be so involve with his child that he knows exatly what he is doing and if his behavior change or he react any different with resault of this exposure to violent games, no matter what the age of that child may be. Up to the parent....what to do..

Me after a heavy day of people irritating me I do like to kill some Bots in the game that has been there for me for so many events... UT2004. At least I am not releasing my #$^@$^&!*& at work.....
    Don't try and avoid temptation, as you get older it will avoid you....

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think violent games should be banned.... People claim it sends a bad message to kids that violence should be praised. Which is true, but either way kids are gonna grow up with that notion anyway, lol. ^_^
    I love my violent games so I aint given them up.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum
    I dont think violent games should be banned.... People claim it sends a bad message to kids that violence should be praised. Which is true, but either way kids are gonna grow up with that notion anyway, lol. ^_^
    I love my violent games so I aint given them up.
    true but they are made for suten ages
    so for me its a BIG NO!!!!! thats what makes games cool

Newbie Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya's Avatar
    Thanks

there is a simple answer for this
    the violent games are given a 18 cert for a reason if parents buy it for a kid younger like 14/15 its not the game companys fault, its the parents wrong doing & if you are 18 and you decide to copy what happens in the game again that not the games fault it doesnt stay in any game "Please try this at home", its the gamers who isnt able to grasp reality and see that stealing a car, hacking someone to death or jumping off tall building believing you will land safely is stupid and will need with someone getting hurt...mainly them

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast