Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: should we ban MSN?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should we ban MSN?

They can't Ban MSN, it would be like trying to ban CSS in web design, its such an ingrained part of Internet culture that it will never go away.

However, schools can ban MSN on their computers, and parents can not have it on their computers, as for getting rid of it, no. Not going to happen.

MSN is my primary form of communication with my parents and family, who live in different cities/provinces.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

i know, like all of you said. msn is the best way to communicate with each other , but msn is too addicting, you can talk to people hours and hours, instead you can go outside or read a book. pretend you come home from school at 3:30pm and eat which will take up a half a hour. then you watch tv or play video games till 5 or 6pm. then you have dinner where it should take 45min. so you go msn where you can loose track of the time, and most people everyday will be on 2-3 hours where is 8 or 9 o clock. then is family TV times, where will take up 30min-1hour. then is time for bed. so i wonder how can you get the time to do your homework or study?

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

lol~

My reading inproved since I join AO, but I have to say, when line has all "dat" "brb" "lol" "lmao" "wtf" "nmjc" there are so many. I need a tranlation book at times.

But still.

They can't ban it, its never going to happen. So we can all go to bed. You want to make kids smarter? Do what they did back in the day.

Its not my generation that screwed, its the one under mine. XD lol
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally don't use any of those shortcuts or abbreviations when I'm on MSN or anything similar. Its the way I keep my English from degrading.

They can never ban MSN or any other chat program. Its used by businesses more than today than ever. It beats email any day and gives you all the benefits of email and more.

Like someone previously said, they can ban it from schools and parents can remove it from computers. But it would be impossible to remove it permanently. It is apart of what the internet is today.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite frankly, MSN isn't that addicting, I spend more time on forums, commenting on art and chatting in, gosh darn-it, Actual chat rooms.

I have over 200 people on my list that I've accumulated over the years (I've had this MSN account since messenger launched), and I keep in regular contact with about 30 of them.

This may sound mean, but If you spend more time chatting with your Real-Life-Fleash-and-blood-friends-that-you-actually-meet-in-real-life on MSN, then you've got a serious problem. Humans are social creatures, and digital communication, while acceptable in moderate doses, too much is not a healthy form of communication.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Quite frankly, MSN isn't that addicting, I spend more time on forums, commenting on art and chatting in, gosh darn-it, Actual chat rooms.

I have over 200 people on my list that I've accumulated over the years (I've had this MSN account since messenger launched), and I keep in regular contact with about 30 of them.

This may sound mean, but If you spend more time chatting with your Real-Life-Fleash-and-blood-friends-that-you-actually-meet-in-real-life on MSN, then you've got a serious problem. Humans are social creatures, and digital communication, while acceptable in moderate doses, too much is not a healthy form of communication.
    i thought the maximums of how many people you can have is msn is 100? and there is allot of stuff going on msn which you don't know about.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

In the paper a few weeks back, there was a blurb about how some schools in New Zealand (I think) were considering just letting students use the abbreviations on actual tests and reports, since they were so used to doing it online and in text messages. They would not encourage students to use "textspeak", but wouldn't take points off the work if they did.

This seems like a great idea; creating an entire generation of kids who are either too stupid or too lazy to actually write the words "you are" instead of "u r". And what happens to these kids when they have to go out into the real world and interact with people who do have basic literacy skills? MSN isn't the problem; the problem is the school administration who coddle students, parents who refuse to admit that their kids are just plain dumb, and the students themselves, who should have a little more pride in their work.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie Anime_Dude may be famous one day Anime_Dude may be famous one day Anime_Dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Well only people who lack the sence of grammer and can't be botherd to use proper grammer, I know people who use good grammer on msn, and I also know a MSNoholic and she is very clever in her school work, so..yeah we should not ban msn.

Sig by Me

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast