+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Should We Support China?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should We Support China?

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Seeing China's population, manufacturing and growing-military might... it might affect us all a great deal.

Expansionist totalitarian regimes don't generally "Stop" growing when they become more powerful.

Hitler exterminating jews didn't affect us directly either... but look how it's changed the world.
    But at the same time things are so much different nowadays. Most wars are now fought on the economy, while the military should only serve as a defense. One thing Len stated that I agree is United States got more than their share of issues right now, and the last thing they want to do is DIRECTLY sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong. China can easily dump the bonds and we will be wiping our asses with Lincolns tomorrow, but then again this is not kindergarten playground so it's way more complicated than that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but liberating Tibet does US no good whatsoever. Governments will never do anything that does not benefit them. Honestly beside the whole economy thing, our country still has some smudges when it comes to human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    China sees this as their big chance to show up all their western business partners and shut up their eastern enemies... and you can already see how it has blown up in their face.
    Well the IOC doesn't really care. Most cities that hosted Olympics usually don't come out as well as everyone thinks. Where do you think those Olympic villages came from?? People who were evicted from their homes.

And we should really look deeper into this...do you folks really believe that these riots started months before the Olympics is a mere coincidence?? It is exactly what Abu is talking about. Many western and eastern countries sees this as a big step for China and they do not want to be shown up, so that is why as the following months come we will see more and more of these issues pop up. We will see more riots, more celebrities doing their little thing like that lady who just had a concert a while back.

When the olympics are all said and done, it will be an afterthought.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If we take an example from history, it will be an after thought. Before the Summer Olympics were held in Mexico City in 1968, there was a mass shooting of protesters by Mexican Army troops followed by a massive government cover up. The official statistics released by the Mexican government claimed only a few dozen fatalities occurred, while eye witnesses claimed that hundreds were killed. But with the western world preoccupied with the height of the cold war, and the US facing its own issues urban protests and rioting, the western world ignored this issue and the Summer Olympics went ahead. (The black power protests that were done by winning US athletes at the time got much more press in the US then the Mexican shootings). Since this was the case back then, why should China be treated any differently?
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

If we take an example from history, it will be an after thought. Before the Summer Olympics were held in Mexico City in 1968, there was a mass shooting of protesters by Mexican Army troops followed by a massive government cover up. The official statistics released by the Mexican government claimed only a few dozen fatalities occurred, while eye witnesses claimed that hundreds were killed. But with the western world preoccupied with the height of the cold war, and the US facing its own issues urban protests and rioting, the western world ignored this issue and the Summer Olympics went ahead. (The black power protests that were done by winning US athletes at the time got much more press in the US then the Mexican shootings). Since this was the case back then, why should China be treated any differently?
    And don't forget the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    United States Olympic Committee president Avery Brundage became a main supporter of the games being held in Germany, arguing that "politics has no place in sport", despite having initial doubts.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And on a related piece of late breaking news...
    DENVER - Sticking with a stance its taken all along, the U.S. Olympic Committee reiterated Monday that an American boycott of the Beijing Olympics is completely out of the question.
    U.S. Olympic committee against any boycott - Other sports - MSNBC.com
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, today is the torch run for San Francisco. I am at work right now so i'll probably have to wait till tonight to watch the news to see what went on. There will be the pro-tibet group and I heard there will also be pro-china groups at the torch run. One side of me want to see the two groups clash, but at the same time I really hope there's no riot and only a radical protest. I really don't want to see pro-tibet groups attacking a handicapped torch holder.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well the us gets most of there supplies there so yes and because they have great weapons and are very strong and there men are willing to die or do anything to defeat any country if it means bringing there country to victory but i think we should because right now they havent done anything to the us but untill they do we wont go agisnt them k.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The torch run through Paris was a flatout disaster. They had to put out the flame at least twice.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The torch run through Paris was a flatout disaster. They had to put out the flame at least twice.
    I thought it was three times?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Well, today is the torch run for San Francisco. I am at work right now so i'll probably have to wait till tonight to watch the news to see what went on. There will be the pro-tibet group and I heard there will also be pro-china groups at the torch run. One side of me want to see the two groups clash, but at the same time I really hope there's no riot and only a radical protest. I really don't want to see pro-tibet groups attacking a handicapped torch holder.
    Apparently officials chose another route in secret. Absolutely nothing happened. Crafty crafty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast