+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Should We Support China?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should We Support China?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverskater145 View Post
    Apparently officials chose another route in secret. Absolutely nothing happened. Crafty crafty.
    Yeah haha, what a shame huh? Both parties have people that came from far places to cheer/protest. Now neither group got what the wanted.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Asian Guy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    So China is currently on a rampage suppressing demonstrations in Tibet (which it currently occupies against the will of nearly the entireity of it's population)... China says 10 are dead ("burned to death"), informants are telling us it may be more like a hundred. It's hard to tell, since they have forbidden free press in the nation and have limited all travel to Tibet. Just a short time ago we recieved Chinese media reports that they have "thwarted terrorists" in another occupied region of the north... killing the group reponsible for a plot against the Olympics (a claim they haven't backed up or elaborated on at all). I'm not completely convinced those were "terrorists" at all...

They've closed Mount Everest to climbers in fear that "terrorists" will thwart the carrying of the torch to the top... (or are they just afraid demonstrators will ruin their photo op?)

China is currently occupying other nations, suppressing the free practice of all religions (including the esoteric Buddhism of Tibet which is the foundation of that nation's entire culture), driving all manner of wildlife extinct, producing enough pollution to affect the air and rain quality in neighbor nations, and regularly imprisons and executes any who criticise the government.

I am not impressed.

Why are we supporting this government? Should China been given the Olympics at all? Are they being given implicit support of the world in their current campaign to make China "appear" to be a peaceful, unified, North-Korea-esque utopian state? Will this really help China improve? Or are we giving them incentive to degenerate further?
    To many of you in here, Tiber is part of China mainland since hundreds years ago and not because of the Chinese storming Tibet around 50 years ago. You need to learn more about Chinese history about Tibet.

As for this topic subject, do not mix sport with politics or other stuff including religion, skin colour. Sport is where all of us can gather together in deference of our skin colour, religion and race.

Talking about not supporting, should we just not support American who cleary still invade Iraq even today while it is clear Iraq is not part of America rather than not supporting China?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Asian Guy View Post
    Talking about not supporting, should we just not support American who cleary still invade Iraq even today while it is clear Iraq is not part of America rather than not supporting China?
    The citizens of Iraq asked the US to invade and get rid of Saddam just like the citizens of Tibet asked China to come and kick their leaders asses and put them back in their 'paying taxes and homage to China' place and resisted all attempts by other countries to overthrow Chinese rule in Tibet. Now however they are asking them to leave. Situations change.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    The citizens of Iraq asked the US to invade and get rid of Saddam
    You sure there will be peoples from a country who asked to be invaded?

just like the citizens of Tibet asked China to come and kick their leaders asses and put them back in their 'paying taxes and homage to China' place and resisted all attempts by other countries to overthrow Chinese rule in Tibet. Now however they are asking them to leave. Situations change.
    You are saying the Tibetan want to kick out Dalai lama out from Tibet while they still respect Dalai Lama authority even he is on exile in India?

You really need to learn history or you just finding excuses to make the American invasion into Iraq [ still occured even today ] as a right thing.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

You sure there will be peoples from a country who asked to be invaded?
    Take the time to read the interviews of the Iraqi refugees that were leaving in droves for fear of their lives in the years leading up to it.

You are saying the Tibetan want to kick out Dalai lama out from Tibet while they still respect Dalai Lama authority even he is on exile in India?

You really need to learn history
    Wanted, as I said "situations change". I know exactly what I am talking about, take your time to learn about the situation in Tibet previous to their being subjugated by China a little yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Take the time to read the interviews of the Iraqi refugees that were leaving in droves for fear of their lives in the years leading up to it.
    So when 100 or 1000 peoples asking you to attack a country then you will attack them while over 99,9% of the other peoples there not asking you?

Wanted, as I said "situations change". I know exactly what I am talking about, take your time to learn about the situation in Tibet previous to their being subjugated by China a little yourself.
    Tibetan supreme leader are Dalai Lama since long ago before even China storming Tibet around 50 years ago. Situation change? not at all since long ago Dalai Lama is respected and placed as the supreme commander of Tibetan.

It is really amusingme how you keep on defending your lies

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

So when 100 or 1000 peoples asking you to attack a country then you will attack them while over 99,9% of the other peoples there not asking you?
    Classic Asian Guy. You always misused commas and periods back on Gaia too. Statistics is almost as bad as a weapon as CAPS LOCK.

[/has nothing really to contribute to the conversation except for pointing out lulz]
    I love my girlfriend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Innerhell For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Apr 11, 2008)

Thanks

The requests were coming from all levels of society except the upper elite running the country and from both inside and outside the country. Try thousands, plural, who could actually speak or were willing to risk their lives to do so. The other "99.9%" were not saying a word about not invading just the less then 1% who were lording it over, torturing, and raping the rest of the country. Funny thing is there were Iranians waiting on the border at the end of the push holding signs asking the US military to keep coming. Yes, they asked. It might have something to do with the fact that the US doesn't keep countries it wins wars with unlike others.

Tibetan supreme leader are Dalai Lama since long ago before even China storming Tibet around 50 years ago. Situation change? not at all since long ago Dalai Lama is respected and placed as the supreme commander of Tibetan.
    Speaking of others, China had a long history of demanding taxes from Tibet as well as reserving the right to determine the legitimacy of any successors to Tibet's rule. They had managed to get rid of them for a few years but then China was conquered by Communists and the government of Tibet, again, decided not to recognize the authority of the new government of China. SO China marched in and took control.... again. They also came in preaching about the joys of communism and how everyone was equal and no one owned more then anyone else at a time where the rulers of Tibet and the priesthood made the Medieval Catholic church before the Protestants separated from them look like pure little saints. If you weren't one of the elite you lived in utter and complete poverty while they lived fat and large dripping in riches and leisure living. For some reason communism was very appealing to the common people by comparison. As a result when attempts were made in the first decade or so to return the previous "rulers" into power all efforts were utter and miserable failures in spite of the large number of money and military equipment that was poured into it by "Allied" countries. Why? Because the common people would not support any attempts at insurrection and didn't want them back in complete control.

Again, "situations change". Communist China was welcomed initially as revolutionary hero's but now they are being asked to leave, again. I consider it more of a comment on communist China then anything else; reality rather then idealism. Somehow I doubt they are going to go anywhere though.

It is really amusingme how you keep on defending your lies
    And it amuses me how little you know under the circumstances.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Apr 11, 2008 at 11:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast