+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 42

Thread: Should We Support China?

  1. #25
    Newbie Asian Guy is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ASIA - Land Of Anime -
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should We Support China?

    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    Classic Asian Guy. You always misused commas and periods back on Gaia too. Statistics is almost as bad as a weapon as CAPS LOCK.

    [/has nothing really to contribute to the conversation except for pointing out lulz]
    So you must have think coma is only used to separate thousand by all countries and did not know there are many countries who use coma to separate decimals while using dot to separate thousand

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    The requests were coming from all levels of society except the upper elite running the country and from both inside and outside the country. Try thousands, plural, who could actually speak or were willing to risk their lives to do so. The other "99.9%" were not saying a word about not invading just the less then 1% who were lording it over, torturing, and raping the rest of the country. Funny thing is there were Iranians waiting on the border at the end of the push holding signs asking the US military to keep coming. Yes, they asked. It might have something to do with the fact that the US doesn't keep countries it wins wars with unlike others.
    Are you still defending your big fat lies? I hope Chinese not reading what you said and then invade America because there are many American who want their own country to be invaded because they hate the lives and goverment there, especially because many of them want to live outside of America and to be a citizent of other country [ especially Japan ].

    Speaking of others, China had a long history of demanding taxes from Tibet as well as reserving the right to determine the legitimacy of any successors to Tibet's rule. They had managed to get rid of them for a few years but then China was conquered by Communists and the government of Tibet, again, decided not to recognize the authority of the new government of China. SO China marched in and took control.... again. They also came in preaching about the joys of communism and how everyone was equal and no one owned more then anyone else at a time where the rulers of Tibet and the priesthood made the Medieval Catholic church before the Protestants separated from them look like pure little saints. If you weren't one of the elite you lived in utter and complete poverty while they lived fat and large dripping in riches and leisure living. For some reason communism was very appealing to the common people by comparison. As a result when attempts were made in the first decade or so to return the previous "rulers" into power all efforts were utter and miserable failures in spite of the large number of money and military equipment that was poured into it by "Allied" countries. Why? Because the common people would not support any attempts at insurrection and didn't want them back in complete control.

    Again, "situations change". Communist China was welcomed initially as revolutionary hero's but now they are being asked to leave, again. I consider it more of a comment on communist China then anything else; reality rather then idealism. Somehow I doubt they are going to go anywhere though.

    And it amuses me how little you know under the circumstances.
    Are you still trying to defend your lies that Tibetan asking Chinese to storm Tibet to get ride of Dalai Lama around 50 years ago?

  2. #26
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: Should We Support China?

    Really, it doesn't matter how long Tibet been apart of china and who asked for what. The clear difference between China and America is that China is not a democracy like America is. The world knows that China has shocking human rights records and it's clear that Tibet no longer wants to be apart of China - that is why people are boycotting it and that's why we have all these protests.

    Unfortunately in this not so perfect world - sports does mix with politics and we can see it in this Olympics. Also unfortunate for the Chinese, I have a feeling this Olympics is going to go down in history partly for the protests that's been happening.

  3. #27
    Newbie Asian Guy is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ASIA - Land Of Anime -
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should We Support China?

    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Really, it doesn't matter how long Tibet been apart of china and who asked for what. The clear difference between China and America is that China is not a democracy like America is. The world knows that China has shocking human rights records and it's clear that Tibet no longer wants to be apart of China - that is why people are boycotting it and that's why we have all these protests.
    Are you saying you support separatism ideology now? And are you want to say there are just less than 0,00001% of the world peoples who do do the boycotting?

    Unfortunately in this not so perfect world - sports does mix with politics and we can see it in this Olympics. Also unfortunate for the Chinese, I have a feeling this Olympics is going to go down in history partly for the protests that's been happening.
    I'm sure the olympic in China will be a success, there is no need to worry about those mindless peoples who mix sport with politics.

    Back on not supporting, I think it is really better to boycot America since to this day they still invade Iraq. I'm not saying to boycot the sport event held in America since sport must never mixed with non sport stuff like politics, religion, skin colour or race but boycoting America on their product export and import.

  4. #28
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: Should We Support China?

    Is there anything wrong with a a country wanting to break off? It's been done around the world before, many peaceful, many not so peaceful.

    The point that I was trying to make was that it doesn't really matter how long Tibet has being in Chinese control - is that the recent protests in Tibet clearly shows there is a group that don't want to be in Chinese control.

    Are they mindless for using freedom of speech? I think not. (I do however disagree with them interrupting the torch relay, supporter of a more peaceful way to protest).

    I honestly don't think Iraq has anything to do with this debate, mainly because America did 'Invade' but they are trying to create a democracy - as I've already said, China is not a democratic society - big difference there..(But then again the Iraq is a whole other debate XD)

    as for a matter of boycotting products - I may have already stated it, but I do think that boycotting Chinese products is a better long term protest than boycotting the Olympics as has been already stated, what will happen after the Olympics?

  5. #29
    Newbie Asian Guy is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ASIA - Land Of Anime -
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should We Support China?

    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Is there anything wrong with a a country wanting to break off? It's been done around the world before, many peaceful, many not so peaceful.
    Tibet is part of China mainland propince and not a country unlike Hongkong.

    The point that I was trying to make was that it doesn't really matter how long Tibet has being in Chinese control - is that the recent protests in Tibet clearly shows there is a group that don't want to be in Chinese control.
    Tibet is not under China control, Tibet is one of China propince since hundreds year ago. Tibet declare independence as a country is what caused the Chinese to storm tibet around 50 years ago.

    Are they mindless for using freedom of speech? I think not. (I do however disagree with them interrupting the torch relay, supporter of a more peaceful way to protest).
    Freedom have limit, you can speak all you want but do not speak that cause negative effect. I'm sure in this room no member can speak that can insult other members.

    I honestly don't think Iraq has anything to do with this debate, mainly because America did 'Invade' but they are trying to create a democracy - as I've already said, China is not a democratic society - big difference there..(But then again the Iraq is a whole other debate XD)
    Is it democracy to force other peoples to follow you? if Iraq want democray then they will make it without American invasion.

    as for a matter of boycotting products - I may have already stated it, but I do think that boycotting Chinese products is a better long term protest than boycotting the Olympics as has been already stated, what will happen after the Olympics?
    Yes if you want to boycot then do it to their products and not sport.

  6. #30
    Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cair Paravel
    Posts
    796
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Should We Support China?

    Quote Originally Posted by Asian Guy View Post
    I'm sure in this room no member can speak that can insult other members.
    Even though that's all you've been doing?

    This is the debate and discuss section, not the argument section. I know that you're "proud to be Asian", good for you. But please don't tell the other members that they're wrong and pull statistics out of your ass, just so you can defend 'your people'. Show me a degree then perhaps I'll start believing you.

  7. #31
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Should We Support China?

    Quote Originally Posted by Asian Guy View Post
    Are you still defending your big fat lies?
    ...
    Are you still trying to defend your lies
    Quote Originally Posted by Asian Guy View Post
    Tibet is not under China control
    ....
    Freedom have limit, you can speak all you want but do not speak that cause negative effect. I'm sure in this room no member can speak that can insult other members.
    You just failed at ever being taken seriously on any subject. In the future you may talk to the hand because nothing you say will matter one tiny little bit to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Really, it doesn't matter how long Tibet been apart of china and who asked for what. The clear difference between China and America is that China is not a democracy like America is. The world knows that China has shocking human rights records and it's clear that Tibet no longer wants to be apart of China - that is why people are boycotting it and that's why we have all these protests.
    Exactly. No matter how welcome they were that has changed, a possible reason recently may be the Chinese government informing the priesthood that they couldn't choose the next Dalai Lama because they would be doing it instead. If China were a democracy or republic the matter would be simple but since China is an Elitist Totalitarian state unless their economy crumbles like the USSR did from both inside and outside pressures it is extremely unlikely that protests in Tibet will get them anything but dead. Since China is such a large super power in the world right now there isn't a whole lot other governments can do politically other then disapproving without risking serious damage to their economy. So the only thing left is for the citizens, most of us here, to decide if we are going to continue to support their government or boycott their events and/or products.

    I myself have no intention in watching the Olympics this year due to the situation unlike usual also whenever possible I will buy non-Chinese made products. Yes it is a small thing but it is my choice and if enough people do it there will be a far greater effect then out government leaders shaking their fingers and telling the Chinese government that they have been naughty.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  8. #32
    Newbie Asian Guy is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ASIA - Land Of Anime -
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should We Support China?

    So from this dabate most of you in here believe Tibet is not one of Chinese province and is a country under Chinese control?

    By the way, if you think someone saying you are making lies as an insulting thing then you are hopeless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you support the President of the USA?
    By rksamurai in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2007, 11:59 PM
  2. Does the psp support AVI?
    By nocturnal_heart in forum Tech Center
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2006, 07:33 AM
  3. do you support your troops i want all opinions
    By daltwilliams in forum The Chat Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 18, 2006, 07:24 PM
  4. support the tsunami relief
    By iazndragoni yan in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 12, 2005, 08:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts