+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Should weed be sold in stores

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should weed be sold in stores

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

Addiction is genetic, so if EVERYONE ELSE in the fam--or a good chunk of them at least--are addicts, that would make the next of kin one as well.
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]
    Nobody said addiction is soley genetic, COLOR]
    Genetics has everything to do with addiction. Genetics Is An Important Factor In Addiction
    It is kind of hard to listen to your arguements if you keep changing it in the first place. So which is it? Is addiction genetic or not? If your going to argue somthing make sure you argue it not change you mind everyother post. Kind of hard to follow this if you cant figure out if someone is one way or another. Oh and the site you sited on your last post i checked it out. Here are two things from it. "No one is born an addict.", "environment makes up a large part of addiction risk."
    Last edited by nexusolus; Nov 28, 2007 at 06:41 AM.

Made by me.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nexusolus View Post
    It is kind of hard to listen to your arguements if you keep changing it in the first place. So which is it? Is addiction genetic or not? If your going to argue somthing make sure you argue it not change you mind everyother post. Kind of hard to follow this if you cant figure out if someone is one way or another. Oh and the site you sited on your last post i checked it out. Here are two things from it. "No one is born an addict.", "environment makes up a large part of addiction risk."
    OKAY, I'LL REPHRASE MY STATEMENTS ON ADDICTION!!

Yes, environmental backgrounds make up for a good part of addiction risk, but genetics is still a key role in addiction. You can still have the "addiction genes" and live in one of the most "socially acceptable" environments and have an addictive personality. There are lots of people addicted to stupid stuff like, coffee, sunflower seeds... You get my point. And you can also come from a family that has no addiction record and live in a f***ed up environment and be persuaded to try certain things which lead to addiction. It depends on the person really. But all the addicts I know came from a family of addicts. Some were even moved away from thier bad environment, way before they could become influenced by it and still came back and addict. Crazy times we live in...

I'd say that it's a 50-50 type deal. Genetics and your environment are equal, I suppose. But I still proved to those who didn't believe me that your genes make up for a good part of addiction.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 59wayz View Post
    I smoke regularly and you wanna know something. I've been able to quit whenever the hell I fee like it. Now this little uppity child here believes he knows what he's talking about, yet he hasn't experienced himself. How can you sit here and say it's addictive when most of the united states smokes weed, yet we have some of the brightest individuals in this world. Our presidents have smoked weed. Look at them now, their running our dang country. You can't say weed is an addictive drug, when anyone who uses it can quit whenever they please. The only unpleasant symptoms there are of weed is the fact of people being robbed for the money to get another sack, or people wasting their money on it when they can do something better with it. Yet everyone's fully able to comprehend and do what they normally do. Weed isn't addictive, it's an herb that calms the subject, yet sometimes we get the munchies or start laughing. What's the problem with being happy and laughing and eating. I think Models should smoke more weed so that they can have the appetite to actually eat for once. Weed in fact would help a lot more people then what you think. I have mental issues that make me a very angry and violent person, but I smoke a couple blunts and bowls I'm nice calm and cool. Hell everyone that knows me would tell you that I am a more pleasant and intellectually sound person while I'm high. Now I'm going to go smoke a blunt so I can calm down since mr. know it all angered me with his biased opinions.
    weed is called addictive, b/c it introduces many ppl to drugs b/c it isnt addictive. make sense?

some ppl, and some that i know, have gotten high on weed a lot, and then decide to get something stronger. this is why experts call it addictive, and a "gateway drug". just b/c you arent addicted to something doesnt mean otheres dont ege addicted.

and sprout, you did kinda switch up you sides back there

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    weed is called addictive, b/c it introduces many ppl to drugs b/c it isnt addictive. make sense?

some ppl, and some that i know, have gotten high on weed a lot, and then decide to get something stronger. this is why experts call it addictive, and a "gateway drug". just b/c you arent addicted to something doesnt mean otheres dont ege addicted.

and sprout, you did kinda switch up you sides back there
    agreed.

Sprout did seem to switch his sides there for a minute. Different people feel different things.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

There were ways how weed got into this country,
    1. Hippies started this whole weed and drug thing, if they didn't protested agains't war, half of this country wouldn't suffer from that stuff.
    2. Drugs would have been imported in here anyway cause they say that weed and drugs is america's cup of coffee.
    and 3 is am still working on that, but it did influence on some kid who tried this stuff, half of them did a lot of other stupid things too, say I wanna smoke some weed, then it goes on to Meth, and soon death. and no weeds shouldn't be sold in stores.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Genetics has everything to do with addiction. Genetics Is An Important Factor In Addiction YOU look it up!!! It's been stated thousands of times that alchololism is genetic, CNN had a report--years back--that spoke about a genetic discovery dealing with coccaine addiction! How are you gonna tell me I'm wrong when you can't disprove me?

I'm the dumb ass, but you're the one with the spelling problem? Just because I choose to do things that aren't legal, that doesn't mean that I'm stupid. People break the law all the time: Jaywalking, speeding, smoking weed, smoking cigs under the legal age limit... So aren't they stupid as well? Were I so stupid from smokin' weed, then don't you think that I'd have little to no friends?? If I'm so stupid from smokin' weed, then why are you the one calling names?? Mmm, hmm... Think about that for a second...

Stupid is as stupid does and I'll admit that sometimes I think that smoking weed is pointless, and I KNOW it's wrong in the eyes of the general public; but that doesn't make me stupid, it doesn't make anyone else stupid either. If you're born stupid, you'll die stupid. Nothing makes people stupid other than people themselves.

If you're pulling info from your "junkie flunkies" you and they are dead wrong. Now, can we discuss the actual topic at hand?? Or do you still think I'm stupid?

dude even on ur own site it says
    "No one is born an addict." They make themselves what they are, not becuase its predetermind

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    There were ways how weed got into this country,
    1. Hippies started this whole weed and drug thing, if they didn't protested agains't war, half of this country wouldn't suffer from that stuff.
    2. Drugs would have been imported in here anyway cause they say that weed and drugs is america's cup of coffee.
    and 3 is am still working on that, but it did influence on some kid who tried this stuff, half of them did a lot of other stupid things too, say I wanna smoke some weed, then it goes on to Meth, and soon death. and no weeds shouldn't be sold in stores.
    1. Hippies didn't start the whole weed and drug thing, in fact both have been popular in the United States, Mainly Cocaine and Marijuana. If it weren't for the war we wouldn't have crack or Heroin. They both were developed during the Vietnam War. Heroin was actually transported from Vietnam. Our country mainly suffers from our own stupidity and faults. If you don't remember, Crack was developed and made in the United States.
    2. Yeah it's to late to try and get marijuana out of the United States. We grow and breed our own now lol. I for one know that if the government were to try and stop marijuana usage for real. lol They would fail horribly.
    3. Weed shouldn't be sold in stores though. I don't wanna pay taxes on something that isn't going to kill me. About weed leading on to other drugs. LOL Don't believe everything they teach you in American schools. They only tell half the truth. Do your own research and get the real truth. Saying weed is a gateway drug that leads to usage of other illegal drugs is just a biased opinion. Something you were told by your teachers. (who by the way only teach the "syllabus" because they don't get paid enough to be 100% honest with you) Now really look at it, whens the last time you have heard of someone dying because of smoking to much weed? or, whens the last time you've ever heard of someone dying because they were impaired by the weed?

Marijuana is an herb with no bad sad effects. It's looked down upon by uptight jack@**s who can't stand things not going the way they would want them to. Why do you think we pay taxes on so much? It's because someones got to pay for their big house.

Well I have to go now, I just got served some court papers by you know who....say it with me.....Uptight Jack@**s...............

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think that it should be sold in stors because it will give people like my rents to spend money on something that they dont really need.

Tanks zyta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast