+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Silent Treatment

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Silent Treatment

It works wonders, but instead of answering a question I block out the person who is speaking, highly effective

Newbie Hinari may be famous one day Hinari may be famous one day Hinari's Avatar
    Thanks

It is VEEERRRYYY effective, Mister Trung!!!

How do I know, huh? Because I know a master of silent treatment. >.< I never tried that technique on anyone else though because it leaves the other person confused when they don't know what they did wrong. I am a victim of the silent treatment. >.< It is very horrible to be under that techinque.

One time I did not hear from Kedar {one I mentioned above} for two months and I was completely freaking out because I was worried something happened to him or I did something wrong. I think he enjoys doing it. @.@ My best friend {a girl} also did that once to me which a was horrible experience.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

thats true but im not the one to explain it to them at the moment i am using it
    but im sure people pick up on it after a while . i mean they silence is wisdom
    and actions make mistakes
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie Shuichi-fan may be famous one day Shuichi-fan may be famous one day Shuichi-fan's Avatar
    Thanks

I used the silent treatment before. It is effective because if someone is being ignored, they automatically go into action.

Newbie icewolf may be famous one day icewolf may be famous one day icewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    Hey Everyone!!!

Recently, I have been noticing that this thing called..."The Silent Treatment" seems to be going around alot. Not just here on AO, but in real life.

My questions:
    1. Do you use this Silent Treatment? What is an example?
    2. Do you believe that the Silent Treatment is effective?

Personally, I like the Silent Treatment. I use it to give myself time to calm down instead of acting on my rage. The process gives both parties time to think clearly before attempting a diplomatic conversation. ^^ I am #1 Fan of this technique, and picked it up from my mother who used it on me for many many years. >.<
    cant say it better myself

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    ('')_('')
    This is Bunny. I eat bunnies. I apologize to jaderabbit i dont eat bunnies nomore.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

silence is golden as the saying goes. I wouldn't say I "use" it because I never say much anyway, so, no. I don't use it. I have no need.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Do you use this Silent Treatment? What is an example?

I think there's two kinds of 'Silent Treatment's though, I wouldn't even call the first one really one. The first is like how some people have said, they distance themselves to clear their heads before coming back to the person/people they were talking to.
    The second to me is deliberately ignoring someone - and being obvious about it. Examples:
    ~)Pretending like you don't/didn't hear them when they talk to you
    ~)Pretending like you don't see them at all when they pass by (or forum-wise, when they post)
    ~)When they call you you pretend as though you can't hear them and say "Hello?" a couple times and then hang up (and to add an extra effect, you might add a "Guess no one's here" or something of the sort at the end)

2. Do you believe that the Silent Treatment is effective?

The first one, yes - because you aren't trying to hurt anyone purposely. I was notorious for going off for a half hour-hour when I was younger when I wanted to clear my head or get what upsetted me out of my system.
    The second one, no. As Nympho said, this is mostly used as a weapon to abuse and I think it's cruel. I think TaurusDemon23 summed it up too - Silence really can be worse to some than verbal abuse, especially to the few-friended, the quiet, and the undeserving. I know I hate being ignored anyway, but to be ignored and you don't know why... it just seems a childish way to get back at someone
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku shikashu may be famous one day shikashu may be famous one day shikashu's Avatar
    Thanks

Silent Treatment can be effective for some people(who like to relax), for me yeah, I use it to come down when I'm up high, and it relax its me from doing stupid crap, and it can have its ways(methods) to people.
    I guess its use diffently by others.

Arigatou Nao chan for the sig^_^
    warning, dangerous diclonious on the lose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast