+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Similiarity in Marriages...

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Similiarity in Marriages...

*clears throat* Hello to the community of AO...

Well i hope this is a good debate theme discussion...

Well... we are all of differrent personalities...styles...religion...believes... and ect ect... My question is here... does similiarity in marriages would help in making it a good marriages... or... would differences makes things better?

We all have seem lots of examples before... so lets talk a bit about those...

^^

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Similiarity in Marriages...

I guess if the marriage is within the same cultural/ethic group then the married couple, as well as their families, can better relate to one another in terms of customs and traditions. That is, if they're religious. It'd make it easier for the two families to integrate and accept each other.

However, I think in today's society, there are less people caught up in cultural traditions and all, especially in western societies. Nowadays I see more and more married couples of mixed ethnicity with completely different cultural backgrounds.

I think with today's technology, with the television and novels and magazines/newspapers so widespread, it's a lot easier for people to become familiar with other cultures and religions, and to become more acceptive of another's traditions. I'm pretty sure that a hundred years ago, people weren't as savvy and understanding as today. Other cultures and religions would have been alien to them, so rejection was almost a given.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

I guess if the marriage is within the same cultural/ethic group then the married couple, as well as their families, can better relate to one another in terms of customs and traditions. That is, if they're religious. It'd make it easier for the two families to integrate and accept each other
    That is true.. any cultural or religious conflict occurs they can be easily solved... ^^

However, I think in today's society, there are less people caught up in cultural traditions and all, especially in western societies. Nowadays I see more and more married couples of mixed ethnicity with completely different cultural backgrounds.
    Yup... in my family alone... theres a lot of such marriages... and in my neighbourhood... i can spot such couples easily... and even my cousin of the same age as i am are planning to marry a guy of a different religion and ethnicity...

I think with today's technology, with the television and novels and magazines/newspapers so widespread,it's a lot easier for people to become familiar with other cultures and religions, and to become more acceptive of another's traditions. I'm pretty sure that a hundred years ago, people weren't as savvy and understanding as today. Other cultures and religions would have been alien to them, so rejection was almost a given.
    now thats a good point there... i agree with that... but this still occurs in this time... well there are still old minded or narrow minded parents... who wont let thier children marry another of different ethnicity or religion...

and what about other smaller attributes... like personalities, and likes or dislikes...ect ect... would that help? ^^

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion I think it helps!!! Altought it may turns into a bored relationshipand i dont want that for me!! my exbf where a Italian guy, very different from me and from all my friends, very religious,(im not religious at all) good lookin and with style(im not that pretty i cant say got lot of style), didnt like to go to the club (I go all most every saturday), was really louder(In Portugal the most louder place bisides clubs and concerts are the markets. we are not a louder ppl ), with bad habits at table(which were truly offencive to my parents) and so on, i mean not all Italian guys are like that well he was but above of all that was my love for him...all I have to say about it is love always wins
    Last edited by Arukih; Nov 22, 2007 at 05:07 PM.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Naturally I think that having similar marriage customs/beliefs could make the transition easier for the entire family but I don't think that religion or ethnic backgrounds should cause any problems between two people wanting to get married.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Sheesh Ray... You should eddit that post a bit I almost couldn'tunderstand what you mean ^^ (>.< sorry)

Well there are some cases when differences are a good thing. There are things in witch one person must balance the other, like temper- if one is agressive, the other one should be calm. Also different opinions in things makes the life a bit more interesting- you have something to tak about ^^

On the other hand there are some cases when it's better if the poeple have similar opinions and views. Like, when it comes to music- it's hard if one likes clasic music and the other one listens only to rap, or the same religion- if both of the persons are strictly believing something else, it will be hard to get to a common decision or something...

So, my suggestion would just be living together for quite a while, being very open and finding out if they fit together before deciding on a marrige.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

That could go either way. While it helps to have somethings in commom, it is not required. If it is someone that you truly love but have nothing in common with you can always find common ground somewhere. If you can't then it wouldn't help either way. On one side you, if you did have things in common, then you would always have something to do together. But if you didn't, then you could use it as a fun way to learn new stuff and see if you really do like it. As for the marriage part of it, well I would have to agree with Lasura on this, you should live together/be together for a while before you really jump into marriage.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post

*clears throat* Hello to the community of AO...

Well i hope this is a good debate theme discussion...

Well... we are all of differrent personalities...styles...religion...believes... and ect ect... My question is here... does similiarity in marriages would help in making it a good marriages... or... would differences makes things better?

We all have seem lots of examples before... so lets talk a bit about those...

^^
    I think that following tradition is very important. I mean, the couple can add their own personal touches, but I like tradition. When/If I get married, I intend it to be in a Catholic church, bride in white and groom in a tux . . . that sort of thing, the type of thing you would see regardless of the century.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast