+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Single Parenting

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Re: Single Parenting

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    I dount it, A father cant raise a daughter as the same can be said for the other way. The parent does not know the experience the son or daughter is going through without the other half of the parentship.went through
    Actually that's not true. Granted it's easier when you have siblings of the opposite gender to get your experiences from but over all we all have both sides to us, we just don't tap into it.

Here.. let me tell you what my mom told me... there's only 3 things a guy needs when he hits his teenage years and starts dating..

1. food
    2. sleep
    3. sex

I can't tell you if it's true or not but according to my father, it is. So when they get there... you'll kind of know what's important to them ^_^
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yup, my parents have had a divorce, my mums got married but my dads still on his own. Luckily i still see both my parents and i hope i will for a long time, they get on togther but single parenting isn't right, it's pretty heart breaking, luckily i was 6 when my mum moved out but it still hurt me i wont go into detailed info but yeh it was a really hard time.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    I dount it, A father cant raise a daughter as the same can be said for the other way. The parent does not know the experience the son or daughter is going through without the other half of the parentship.went through
    Agreed. A male child needs his male parent to at least be around for him to learn things a young male needs to learn to grow in to a man. He doesn't have to live there, but he needs to be there--physically AND financially.

Although, my mom raised three kids on her own from the age of sixteen and four now in the present (I've got a four year old sister). Two of us had a dad, three do now and I KNOW my dad, but he's never around for any of his kids. I take after my mom because of it. I didn't meet him until I was 20. So everything I learned in life I either learned from my mom, my sibling's dad or on my own.

Not having a father can really f*** a kid up! Most kids who grow up without a father usually have some kind of behavior disorder. And I read somewhere--I'll look it up soon, I promise--that most adolescent suicides come from fatherless homes. I don't think that both parents should live together if the relationship is unhealthy, but I think that the father should be there for his son as much as the mother would be for a daughter--hell for any kid! If it's yours, be there and if the other is trying to be there, let them be there.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Though, I think that a child needs some sort of male figure, I don't think in today's society it necessarily has to be the dad (in a single parent environment from when the children are still very young). Though its sad when a child's dad isn't around, he/she can also 'learn' things from other male/female figures in the child's life - there are also grandparents, friends, uncles, Aunties etc etc
    I don't think that every child raised in a single parent home will end up screwed up. Though in some families it does have an affect, but like I said in my first post, it still comes down to how that single mother/father raised the children.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Being a single parent is tough......and the stories I hear and read just break my heart....
    It is not only tough for the single parent....but for the kids too.......
    If I have kinds in the future....I do not want them asking where is my mom or what happened to my dad.......
    Sometimes it works out......and those situations show that the parent was strong enough to go through the ordeal....and I give kudos to them.....
    But what if they are teens......and the parents are against keeping the child....what does the teen do?
    Single parenting is a very tough subject to discuss....there are a lot of sides and opinions to it........but this is my opinion
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well being a single perent IS alot of work to rase them right....

i have both my mum and dad soo im one of the lucky ones...but i have some firends whos rased my a single peren thing and the have truned out great nothing wrong ...but thats only the out side....like not everyones the same ... my wee cos lovd her dad and all but with with her mum ( my aunt)
    and he spoils her ALOT!
    and one day she got in a arugment with her mum over her dad sayin that my aunt kicked him out ect (when he was in jail)
    ................so to kinda keep ur kids safer from knowinf the truth may get u in arguments for no reson ect ....so i think its quite hard to be one ...

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

In my life i experienced both, being raised by a single parent and being raised by both parents. Being raised by a single parent was hard for my brothers and me. Until my mother married a really kewl guy. Anyways my life being raised by both of my parents is better bcuz i got more attention and my mother doesnt hav to struggle raising us.
    Temari is so Cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3