Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking

Well, as a smoker I find it rude when people say mean things and leave the area when I come 'round, cigarette a'blazing.

I can understand why people would leave, I don't like the smell of second hand smoke either, but there's something wrong with judging a smoker by their addiction. Yes, smoking hard to quit, harder than many narcotics. I once heard someone say that heroin and nicotine are the hardest drugs to quit.

Now, I'll give you some info here. Smoking becomes a psychological addiction that situates itself deeply into your brain. Us human smoke for pleasure and once the first smoke is taken one can become addicted, which is a scientific fact. We smoke for comfort, for fun, for lack of a better activity. When the body is introduced to any number of foreign agents it becomes familiar to them. Now that the body is aware of these things, it wants more after the first time.

The ability to inhibit these urges is lost. That is, the brain sees that something is missing and demands the body to take in these things. That is an addiction.

But anyway, do you think smoking should be banned completely from public places, indoor and outdoor allowed only in private residences where the owner permits?

Perhaps designated areas should be put in place.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Newbie Kamishu is off to a good start Kamishu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Smoking

Yeah my mom smokes. And she tried to quite and it was hard, so I know what you mean. And it shouldn't be banned. That's just ridiculous. x[

Otaku garhett is off to a good start garhett's Avatar
    Thanks

i know really its wrong for people judging so much lets see them do it and say shit about it
    my motto: LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUTTA THE WAY

join the group WAR, Super Smash Bros., or G.A.N.K i'm in or sumit to my (improved) thread War 2020 thanks.

Otaku Kaijudozero may be famous one day Kaijudozero may be famous one day
    Thanks

i understand as well, i used to smoke and the only reason it was easy for me to quit was a family issue... but i dont judge or avoid smokers because i believe in the addiction... its been about 2 years since so im completely over it...
    Emotions tend to lose their strength when put in words, So I prefer to speak only what is absolutely necessary..

Kaijudozero.deviantart.com

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I can't stand smoke, but what can I say, I grew up in a household where no one smoked. So when my grandma comes down and smokes..I get the sneezing fits like no tomorrow and feel the need to 100m away from here because of the smell - even the smell that sticks in clothes.

Laws are starting to get tough here. No smoking in pubs or clubs and it's a big no no around any sort of food establishment, except in designated smoking areas. Some states in Aus. have banned smoking all together in cars that are carrying anyone under the age of 16. So in a sense it's almost has been banned in most public areas

and I've welcomed them. The first time I went clubbing after turning 18, I came home with asthma because it was an club with no good ventilation and the ciggerate smoke just hung around. (and I never get asthma..only when I'm severely sick) It's nice to go out and not have to smell it.

But I don't judge smokers because they smoke. As far as I'm concerned they can do what they want, the only issue I have with it is if, they pull out a smoke in a non-smoking area and smoke in front of me (as has happened plenty of time at bus stops >___> )

Newbie Kamishu is off to a good start Kamishu's Avatar
    Thanks

Dx Yeah, its annoying how other people judge. x[
    _gwenibe_; And I see what you mean. xP

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I have smoked cigarettes HEAVILY, and never acquired an addiction. I do have addictions to other things however, like pot, and food. Smoking just doesn't turn my crank so much. But I have and still will induldge from time to time. But when I do I can rarely finish a whole one.

I think somking should be ban indoors... Period. Unless it is in YOUR home. Or the home of another smoker who choses to live that lifestyle.

I have asthma, and it flairs up in places where there has been heavy smoking. Its unfair that I cant go to a club, or bar, and have to constantly puffing my emergency inhailer.

Yeah, I do understand addiction. As I said, I have my own. But I do know you can smoke and NOT become addicted. As I am living proof. As I said before, I used to smoke everyday. For about a year.. because my ex boyfriend did, so... I just tagged along in a sense. When I broke up with him, Cgarettes werent even an issue anymore. I have recently had to quit my pot use (for now) which leaves me missing the act of smoking. So I have found myself asking for cigarettes from friends. Over a week ago, I was given four cigarettes. I still have two. It took me forever to smoke the two that I did... And I can only smoke next to an open window (esspecially nice while driving). Otherwise I feel like a stink monster.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I have nothing against smokers or whatsoever. And I don't judge them because they started smoking. Well, at least not all of them ...
    But I can't stand the smell. I hate it that if I go to a bar I smell like a smoke monster afterwards. Gives me a headache everytime. Really annoying. I have to take a shower and change clothes if it's especially bad. I'm more or less used to it by now however. Still, I'm happy that most of my friends do not smoke.
    I'd welcome a ban too. It's just much more comfortable for the ones who do not smoke. :P And healthier too by the way.
    In my country they're trying to pass a law banning indoor smoking, or at least a law which guarantees a certain amount of space to non-smokers. I really hope it'll become effective soon, however as it seems nothing will happen before 2010 ...
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast