Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Smoking

I cant exactly say that it should be banned. I personally don't think its fair to take away someone's individual right to smoke, but at the same time, smokers should be more mindful about where they smoke. Alot of people can't handle it. I truely dislikehow rudely smokers would pull out a cigarette and smoke it, not caring who is around them. Example is the bowling alley I go to on Sundays. When I leave, I smell like cigarettes and I don't even smoke!! I'm not saying this to all smokers. I just wish that smokers would care about the environment they are in and the people around them before they smoke. Other than that...you have the right to smoke. So why take it away?
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't stand smoking indoors. It's just a pet peeve. My parents smoked a lot when I was little, but always took it outside. Houses get gross when filled with cigarette smoke all the time.

I got off and on with my smoking. I basically do when I get stressed and then hardly do it other wise. It just helps me calm down.

It will never be banned. The tobacco companies make too much money.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know about you guys but when I smoke I'm not addicted at all nor does it come to mind when another person smokes. I have probably smoked 20-30 packs in my life but I could stop cold turkey, I guess its just me.

I think if your gonna smoke you should smoke in the smoking section at a restaurant or outside so it doesn't bother anyone else, that's just common courtesy. As for it being banned it won't for the same reasons Sazuka listed it is tied to deep with many organizations and has too much money running through it.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

People that talk behind some one else back for smoking, that’s ignorant, how ever you can't blame those who just get up and out of the way because they can't stand the smell or don't want to be harmed by it's effects. cigarette smoke makes my eyes water and hard to breath, and it's pungent as hell. Even if I happen to enjoy talking to the person, how ever I can't stand it for to long and I have to get the hell out of there simply because its difficult inhaling that crap in.
    So don't be offended or say "Oh my god you are so rude" or what ever, more then likely they just can't stand the smoke, not you personally so don't get to upset and hot and bothered about it. Most people don't care if some one smokes, they only care if it affects them.
    Several times I happen to be talking to people at a bus stop in high school, when they light up it then makes it difficult to actually be in the vicinity of that person because of it. The guy actually got pissed and started accusing me about him smoking, much how some of you smokers here I am sure have acted similarly at some point in time. I later told him I just can't handle the second hand smoke fumes and it was nothing personal and that I really don't care that he smoked. Then I kept my distance because it was getting to over powering. This happen far more often then I would like to admit. So those here, who do smoke, do not be so offended when people give you space.
    It's not because of them being rude or intolerant, 95% of the time the reason for them vacating the area is just because they just can't handle the smoke.
    So there is no need to be so judgmental.

Which reminds me, did you hear about the family who is trying to sue the cigarette compeny for the death of a family member who smoked like a chimny? I think its funny as hell as every one knows that crap will kill you eventualy, not to mention take time off your life even when you quit. Says so right on the box.
    Last edited by Scourge; Feb 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie kaesong boy is off to a good start
    Thanks

I smoke too much. I love a cigarette after dinner, but never near to my children who can be harmed by smoke. I go to the balcony of my flat to smoke, and closed the door. But I hate when we are outside, and people lights a cigarette near my children. It's rude to put smoke near young kids. But smoke is hard to avoid it. Everybody smoke in Pyongyang. It can't be prohibit, because people will be angry.

I'm needing to quit this habit, because it's got too big. I'm lose energy at work and always coughing. Doctor says I need to quit or hold back a little, which now I try to do. I want to be healthy to keep playing with my kids and be able to work, and not to be sick or maybe die early.

PROUD OF BEING KOREAN
    Hello from DPRK!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaesong boy View Post
    I smoke too much. I love a cigarette after dinner, but never near to my children who can be harmed by smoke. I go to the balcony of my flat to smoke, and closed the door. But I hate when we are outside, and people lights a cigarette near my children. It's rude to put smoke near young kids. But smoke is hard to avoid it. Everybody smoke in Pyongyang. It can't be prohibit, because people will be angry.

I'm needing to quit this habit, because it's got too big. I'm lose energy at work and always coughing. Doctor says I need to quit or hold back a little, which now I try to do. I want to be healthy to keep playing with my kids and be able to work, and not to be sick or maybe die early.
    I wish you the best of luck with that. Family is more important then some cigs no matter how much you enjoy it, expecialy if it will harm the kids which the smoke will. Not to mention for your own health, to play with them and live long enough to watch them grow up.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Just wanted to do the same.
    You have the right attitude on the smoking issue, kaesong boy. I believe that you'll eventually be able to stop that smoking habit of yours! It sure won't be good for the kids to have to inhale all that smoke from the youngest age on ... So try to stop fast. (:
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate when people talk behind your back about being a smoker. In my point of view, thats worst than telling someone to thier face about it. I smoke, a chain smoker to be more accurate. I smoke like 10 a day, and thats when Im holding back. But when it comes to non-smoking areas, I simply move out of there so I can smoke. And if there is children around, I do the same. In my eyes, if you are somewhere where people migh get offended by the smoke, just simply move. It wont kill you to walk a few feet away from your recent spot. You went across the street to get the cigarettes, so a few more steps wont hurt. And think about it, if you are a reasonable distance from people, and they still smell the smoke, if were to walk up to you and say something like:can you put out that please? The smoke is bothering me. You can simply respond: My apologies. But thats why I moved here, away from the crowd.
    If you thought of someone enough to move away from them before they said anything, but yet they walk all the way to you, just to complain, then thats thier problem. If you are standing like 10 feet from a bus stop, and someone actually went out of thier way just to complain, then who do you think should be mad then?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast