Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Smoking

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Smoking

I have a few friends that smoke, but i don't have any problems with that, i just don't allways like the smoke from the cigarettes..... But it's different between what kind of cigarettes they are smoking ^^

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

I have Asthma and its not to bad. My mother and my eldest brother smokes ALOT. They say its to simply relieve stress but what ever the reason one smokes it still all comes down to one thing. Its harmfull to some one. Like myself, my mother and brother knows that if they keep it up and i stay around thier second hand smoke that my asthma will get worst. Its just that Nicotine is harmful to alot of people if not every one. If someone walks away that just means, 'hey i wont tell you to stop but i am not gonna harm my lungs.'

Smoking is the kind of thing that should be done at home only.
    Lets say if you decided to go to a bar to chill and take a puff ofthe old cancer stick and this person with really messed up asthma comes by and accidental takes one sniff to the smoke cloud then passes out and sues you later on... that would be troblesome.
    For you safety and the safety of others Do YOUR buisness in YOUR own home.
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking is one if thoes things that use to be cool, but now its fading from every day society. Its foul smelling, leaves you with cruddy smelling breath and clothes and makes it hard for others to breath around you, so as shippo mentioned please do it in your home and not in public. I personally am Anti-smoking I've seen what lung cancer can do to a loved one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rockroc For This Useful Post:

Shippo101 (Feb 24, 2009)

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion, you can smoke. But please not in my face.
    And for God's sakes people, stop smoking around children!

I happen to be one of those children who had to be around mi madre smoking all the time. But she was respectful enough to put it away whenever we were around, or at least TRIED to make sure the smoke didn't hit our face (opening the windows of the car doesn't mean the smoke flies out the window... it means the wind that plows into the car hits the backseat passengers, making the smoke hit their face ... ).

Unlike Abu's dad... where he smokes in the car regardless if Abu can't stand the smoke.
    ... he smoked enough in her face that for a while she thought the smell of smoke was nice...

...I got really pissed at that...
    IF YOU SMOKE, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

You can smoke outside. You can smoke in smoke-able areas. I'll leave you alone about that, and I hope other people leave you alone about that too. You do have the right to smoke.
    BUT PLEASE, no smoking in our face, and no smoking around children, and don't be offended when someone holds their breath / covers their nose & mouth / turns around to avoid the smell of your smoke. They're not telling you to stop, they're just avoiding the smoke.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

smoking is disgusting. No matter what anyone says. It just is.
    And Im not trying to judge anyone but i really dont believe that its an adiction. I believe its just a habit. Like biting your nails. You do it so much you end up having a hard time stopping. My mom smoked for like 10 years. it only took her about a month to quit.
    For me i dont like it when people make stupid exscuses as the why they do it. The fact is you do it, and in my oppinion you shouldn't.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

well this is a matter of choice for me, but the one smoking has to be considerate of others who don't smoke is all i can say i used to smoke. I had to stop for health reasons.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

I smoked a pack a day for about four years and just fell off the wagon again. Frankly I'd love to be able to quit and know I'm never going to feel like I need a cigarette again. Now that I'm in a really tough school, I smoke like an effing chimney. I don't enjoy smoking, and for all you that smoke less than a pack a day and have been smoking less than a couple years, I'd go ahead and utilize that "I can quit anytime I want" and do it. I have gotten to the point where I feel like I can't stop, even when I'm hacking up lung butter in the morning.

There is no comparable feeling to addiction for someone who has never experienced it. So, while I agree that we should be considerate while smoking, I'd like everyone who finds smoking disgusting (and rightly so) to realize that you do not understand, in even the slightest sense, why a person smokes. Sometimes, I wish I could touch someone The Giver style and make them experience my withdrawals. To say they are intense would be understating the issue.

Understanding is a two way street. You want smokers to stay away while they smoke, then understand that smokers are self medicating extremely powerful physical and mental withdrawal symptoms when they light up. Make an attempt to understand that most smokers feel like they HAVE TO smoke, and that if the withdrawals are bad enough they will feel like they have to do it RIGHT NOW. Every fiber in your being is telling you that you need a cigarette, you can't think of anything else but having a cigarette, then 'ah' once you have one you feel normal again.

Which brings us to the last point. Smokers smoke to feel normal. The way you feel, as a non smoker, is how the smoker feels after having a cigarette. That makes no sense to you as a non smoker, I'm sure, but it's nevertheless true. Long term nicotine use causes a chemical imbalance in the brain. Namely, it replaces neurotransmitters. After awhile the brain stops making as much of those neurotransmitters, because you're getting their 'equivalent' from cigarettes. This is what causes the withdrawals.

And for those of you who have essentially just started smoking and would have the balls to say, "I'm different", don't be so god damned stupid. You're not. Quit while the withdrawals are minor, and never pick up a cigarette again.

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

lol this is something ive done on and off since i was about 10..i dont really care if anyone smokes at all thats their choice, but dont blow smoke into my face. i smoke now maybe once a month and its hard to quit, i only do it on stressful days. their good for calming the nerves, but they can cause alot of bodily issues with your throat and lungs, and withdrawl is awful for any drug. I know it causes problems for the smoker and the people around the smoker, but its just as addicting at any other drug so the longer they smoke the harder it is to quit.

but in the state of illinois where i live its illegal to smoke in public areas. and its just a pain in the butt, alot of business built smoking areas for smokers outside next to the building only to be told that they couldnt be used because of how many people were in the area. You also have to be fifthteen feet from the door, of any building. If their were more than a couple of people its considered a public area and everyone their could be charged a 500 dollar ticket.
    there were alot of problems o how to handle offenders of these little crimes, while many business were starting to loose their crowds like bars, and cosinos and others who couldnt use their smoking areas. then problems arose when who was sosposed to take care of them the health depeartments, or the police? what would they be charged for? how much? things along that line it just made the whole law a big issue and most places and police deparments dont even deal with offenders anymore until the law is redone and is better defined.

i think its all just an annoyance since i said it eariler their going to do it anyway if they want to since thats their choice, and since the smoking ban in my state didnt work so well im not a big fan of banning it in the first place, i say just either ask them to move away of get up and move away.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast