Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smoking in Public Places

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Smoking in Public Places

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    I like to smoke specially in crowded places where people can see how cool i look smoking.
    I have lost a grandfather and a grandmother to smoking. I have an uncle who can barely function because of a stroke because of smoking. I have an aunt that I am afraid is going to die at any moment because not only is she a smoker but has asthma as well. I have a stupid cousin-in-law who almost killed her unborn child because she couldn't resist the urge to smoke during pregnancy(the poor child was born a bluish tint). My mother had an aunt who did kill her child because of smoking during pregnancy.

As a person who has been greatly effected by tobacco, I would suggest coming up with a better reason for smoking other than "I like it and I want to look cool."

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    As a person who has been greatly effected by tobacco, I would suggest coming up with a better reason for smoking other than "I like it and I want to look cool."
    I think Shaka was being sarcastic. If not though, then yes, smoking is terrible and it destorys your body in the worst ways. There is a 15, soon to be 16, year old girl at my school who was told to not smoke with the other kids because her Mother asked the school to forbid her. Seeing how she thought she was such a smart young lady, she decided to go around the back of the school and smoke, dumb bitch, and then she proceeded to flip out on her guidance counselor for not letting her smoke. And she looks really classy when she smokes, coughing, spitting, scratching her balls. My point is she is 15 and doesn't have the discipline to wait to get home to have a butt, sad.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    I think Shaka was being sarcastic. If not though, then yes, smoking is terrible and it destorys your body in the worst ways. There is a 15, soon to be 16, year old girl at my school who was told to not smoke with the other kids because her Mother asked the school to forbid her. Seeing how she thought she was such a smart young lady, she decided to go around the back of the school and smoke, dumb bitch, and then she proceeded to flip out on her guidance counselor for not letting her smoke. And she looks really classy when she smokes, coughing, spitting, scratching her balls. My point is she is 15 and doesn't have the discipline to wait to get home to have a butt, sad.
    Well in about 20 years she will become part of The C.O.P.D. commiunty or wrost thoat caner. Just because it looks cool does not mean that it is a healthly choice

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    I think Shaka was being sarcastic. If not though, then yes, smoking is terrible and it destorys your body in the worst ways.
    If that is the case, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Newbie SaiyukiSaiyen is off to a good start
    Thanks

As a smoker I feel that I must say my peace.
    I do not think that it is fair for smokers to be attacked the way they have been.
    I smoke outside period because I do not want to disrespect someones home or people in general who do not smoke, but you can not bring yourselfl to see that some of the non smoking groups who are only trying to do "good" are completely good and in my opinion they have been overzealous in the way they attack the issue.

Smoking is a bad habit but it is one that I enjoy.... that may be the addiction talking but I do truely enjoy it. People have a thing called free will and you can not stomp out smoking completely just like you could not stomp out alcohol compeltely and in my opinion if anything needs to be banned due to health concerns its alcohol in general.

In other words be grown up enough to see it from all sides.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyukiSaiyen View Post
    In other words be grown up enough to see it from all sides.
    When people are given the choice of 'smoking or not smoking', they are making a grown up decision. And if someone is so grown up as to choose 'smoking' then they should be a grown up and deal with whatever crap non-smokers give them, in the same way that non-smokers deal with the more inconsiderate portion of smokers that want to smoke in the faces of asthma-stricken people.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's selfish of the nonsmokers to expect everyone to cater to them. They all wanna whine about how bad it is for everyone and they wanna breathe clean air..........but what really isn't bad for people? The air ain't that clean to begin with.

I think banning anything causes more problems in the end. Remember the Prohibition. That went totally right, didn't it?

My stance in the end is,nonsmokers need to mind their own damn bidness. No one's forcing you to smoke. Why should nonsmokers be able to impose their will on everyone else?

It's like someone trying to push for a ban on candy in schools because parents are too lazy to teach their fat ass kids moderation.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    My stance in the end is,nonsmokers need to mind their own damn bidness. No one's forcing you to smoke. Why should nonsmokers be able to impose their will on everyone else?

It's like someone trying to push for a ban on candy in schools because parents are too lazy to teach their fat ass kids moderation.
    I see a flaw in this metaphor... Eating candy does not threaten a non-candy eater with sudden death. Smoking does threaten sudden death to non-smokers suffering from severe asthma or other chronic lung diseases...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast