+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking and Smokers

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking and Smokers

As we know there is alot of infomation and evidence out there that proves that smoking tabacco is bad for our health, yet people still start and get addicted to it.

I personally can't stand smoking, the smell irrates me, if some one is doing it near me I can't help but to move away. Just because they want to kill themselves doesn't mean I want too.

I just wanted to know if anyone else feels this way too.
    Is it slowly becaming socially unacceptable to smoke?

In Aust, you cant smoke any where near public building, and in pubs and clubs (any where that serve food for that matter) they have to have a designated smokers area ( and in some places they look like the are behind bars)

What are the laws/legal smoking ages in you country?

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Smoking and Smokers

My area has rather strict laws about smoking. Which is good, since it's like playing really loud music by someone with really bad taste. Or like walking around and whacking random people with a long paper towel roll.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

The state of GA has banned smoking inside public facilities and ballparks, but not outside those structures, smoking bothers me, as my sister smokes, she has warned me never to try cigs, and i will never try. I also choke when around cig smoke for too long.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockroc View Post
    The state of GA has banned smoking inside public facilities and ballparks, but not outside those structures, smoking bothers me, as my sister smokes, she has warned me never to try cigs, and i will never try. I also choke when around cig smoke for too long.
    Same thing goes for NY. Since last year smoking in indoor public areas such as bars, restaurants, ball parks, and any place where alot of people gather smoking is banned. Also a $1.50 excise tax was place on each pack. So at the moment the average pack is between 5 and 6 dollars almost 7. This was done to encourage people to to quit smoking.

I used to smoke casually a few years ago but I quit when I started to work out more often. I honestly don't enjoy it anymore but I don't mind if anyone around me does. It doesn't bother me.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

it's their choice to smoke. we can only tell them the facts and they are left to make the choices that they want. I dont like smoking even tho it looked cool in the seventies and eighties etc. I myself never smoked though my oldest brother did.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

well for the majority of society it is unacceptable to smoke, and smokers get that stigma to them as social outcast (quite ironical as it was usually the other way around not so long ago), maybe cause of the unpleasant smell and yellow teeth.

but for teenagers, we still see it as the "cool" thing to do. not many ppl i know smoke, but the ones that do they say that they are "social" smokers and only smoke at parties. i guess its to make them look cool, but i really don't see it doin them any favours, sometimes the near opposite.

so yea i think society now is pretty much had it with smoking. but those add u see on tv here in aust can be a little overboard but if its to encourage ppl to stop smoking then i guess its for the better.

as for me. well i don't mind smokers unless it starts choking me. but yea, i don't think its doin any1 any favours. and pretty much the ppl i know that smoke know that. but i guess they are addicted to it. they have tryed stopping but just seem to come back to it. sigh

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking is banned or restricted in nearly all public places,but there are people who believe that they can go above the law and just continue to smoke.It is irritating that you are breathing in the smoke that the smokers puff out so it is best to avoid them.It is their fault if they suffer poor health problems in later life.They have been warned constantly by ads that is on practically everyday which tries its best to "save"their lives,but if the smokers choose to ignore it,then so be it.Nothing can be done.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, I'll be the opposition. I smoke, and in my town smoking in bars and clubs is still okay. One nearby town has banned smoking indoors (other than private residences), but there really isn't anything there that I'd go to anyway. The nearest major city (Chicago) has also banned smoking indoors, other than smoke shops and hookah bars (anywhere people go specifically to smoke).

Smoking bans don't bother me too much; I don't even smoke in my own home, so I'm used to going outside. What I hate is all the rabid non-smokers who act like they're going to die as soon as I light up (after I've already gone outside and far away from them). Yeah, I know the risks to me, but unless I'm blowing it directly in your face, there isn't a whole lot of damage being done to your body. Honestly, I'm getting really sick of all the whining. Show me the evidence on one person who died of lung cancer or emphysema due to second-hand smoke in an open environment, and I might relent. And where are all you kids going that you have to deal with thick smoke and evil smokers?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast