+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking and Smokers

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Smoking and Smokers

In Finland, the legal age to purchase cigarettes and alcohol (mild beverages, not the strong stuff) is 18. Smoking in restaurants, bars and clubs is usually allowed but sometimes there are non-smoking areas in them too.

I've been smoking since I was in second grade and so far it's caused me no harm besides the occasional nagging of someone who wouldn't like me to smoke near them. I'm not saying that cigarettes aren't bad for your health, I know there are over 2500 toxic substances in a cigarette. What I'm saying is that despite the smoke being somewhat irritating to non-smokers, there's practically no actual damage done to their bodies unless they're right next to a smoker.

So what's with all the complaining about smokers? It's actually really simple; the reason people complain is because they believe that their way of life is THE way of life and everyone should live according their standards. Upon meeting someone who's violating these "rules" they take it as a personal insult against themselves and act accordingly; try to convince others to change until they meet the standards I mentioned earlier.

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

it's kinda the same here. they started this smoking ban here whee i am a few months back and it's been crazy but the public seems to enjoy it more because the smoke was irritating them and making them sick. now smokers have to go outside if they want to smoke

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie Count Saint Germain may be famous one day Count Saint Germain may be famous one day
    Somewhere dark lonely and infested with spiders
    Thanks

I smoked once... cougth a few times... my friend(no longer my friend) told me second one's the charm... nearlly through up after one more suck... never toutching those thing again...
    WHY DO PEOPLE SMOKE ?

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Over here, the age to purchase cigarettes (and alcohol) is 19. Pretty much smoking has been banned in most public buildings, bars, clubs, etc.

I don't care if people smoke, it's their choice, not mine. It's not like there aren't enough warnings about the hazards of smoking, so no one should be surprised if they end up with cancer or something. However, I don't think second hand smoke is as deadly as people would have you believe. Unless you live in a contained environment with a smoker, you're not going to die if someone smokes a cigarette outside 10 or 20 feet away. It might be annoying, but chances are you won't die.

Also, the amount of toxins that are now floating around in the air, water, and ground are so high that even if you NEVER come into contact with a smoker, you still have a chance of getting cancer simply because pollution is everywhere now. There was a study done just awhile ago with several canadian politicians to see how their health was, and one guy who never smoked, who rode his bike to work, jogged, and lived a healthy lifestyle, had the highest amount of toxins in his body out of all those tested (I forget the politician's name). It's simply unavoidable that you will come into contact with toxins. Cigarettes are simply one more thing that can give you cancer.

The one thing I found really stupid at my highschool, was that we had a 'smoking pit,' where you could go and smoke. Now....the age to buy cigarettes is 19, and no one at my highschool was over the age of 18 (generally everyone graduates at 18). So obviously the smokers were underage. I think the school should have just banned the smoking pit, and fined any kids who did smoke on school grounds. Of course we had to put up with those stupid 'don't smoke' assemblies where a bunch of people would rap about smoking and do stupid skits......ugh......but having a smoking pit is stupid. The school doesn't have to acknowledge that the kids smoke, they can do it on their own time, so they shouldn't allow a smoking pit to be set up. Like how freakin hypocritical is that...."k kids, don't smoke or you'll die, but there's a smoking pit outside for illegal underage smokers. Have fun"

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Smoking and Smokers

I don't care if they smoke. I just don't want them around me smoking.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

In MS smoking is pretty much allowed anywhere. There are places designated for smoking but other than that its terrible. I personally hate smoking. I have tried it and that just made me sick to the point that I thought that I woud die. The society we live in promotes it though so even if you don't want to smoke you feel pressured to try anyway. We all know that its unhealthy. its sad that the place I livein doesn't have the decency to consider people who have lung diseases such as asthma or cronic bronchitus. However it doesn't look like it will be changing anytime soon, at least not for me.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Newbie Alternative ZERO may be famous one day Alternative ZERO may be famous one day
    Thanks

i live in the philippines and in the US, but since i'm mostly here in the philippines(10 months per year) coz this is the place where i study i'll talk about how this country deals with smoking....

personally i smoke too, i do know the consequences but i still do it....well if you come to think of it too much of everything is harmful to us...even if i don't smoke but if i'm eating too much fatty food in a day, it would be harmful in the long run too..it might not be a food for the stomach but it's quite a food for the soul for some people...i think smoking is like sniffing some incese, it soothes and calms, if others disagree with it then it's fine with me they think what they wanna think. we're all gonna die anyway, if it's your time to say buh-bye to the world then it's your time, no matter how healthy and cautious you are. unless you're planning a sudden suicide....

we have been warned how dangerous smoking is, and it all boils down to personal decision whether we do it or not...much like playing or doing something extreme, it's dangerous but why do people do it? because they love or like it. almost everything's dangerous, riding a plane is dangerous but why isn't it as criticized as smoking? flying can't really harm your system but that doesn't mean it can't kill you....we all go by our choices, we decide what we want to do and it means accepting the consequences that comes with those decisions. even if we don't know the consequences of what we're gonna do we've already accepted it once we get on with the decision.

in this country, you can see children, maybe as young as six, smoking....it's a really bad image of this country...well that's illegal but law isn't very much implemented here so you'll see street kids doing it....i presume that those kids don't even know about the consequences of smoking but like i said they have pretty much accepted the consequences without even knowing it....cigarettes can be bought by children from stores or groceries because their parents asks them to do so..smoking is illegal to some places here and you'll get fined for violating but then again it's not really implemented properly...

smoking, i think it's pretty much a take it or leave/love it or hate it issue....

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

i have health class, unless you want a hole in your chest be my guest but, it also infects your blood and makes it blacker than oil, thank god i don't smoke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast