+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Smoking and Smokers

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Smoking and Smokers

1 bush is the government
    2 government pays people
    3 ad companies sell cigs
    4 all famous ppl indorse it
    5 retards wanna be famous
    6 we get addicted
    7 bush doesnt wanna spend money so he confinds smokers outside
    8 bush smoked weed n did coke
    10 its bad for u, but no body cares
    11 the economy is in shit and the only thing that is keepin it alive is the billions from tabacco n gas sales

theres the chain

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... actually, the truth is, it's the smoker's choice to either continue to smoke or quit. If we can't stop him/her from smoking, there's not really much that we CAN do. But I'm not saying that we should just watch them destroy their lives like that. I've watched something in the TV that states why people smoke and how to stop them from smoking.

It turns out that when you you smoke, some kind of chemical enters your brain and triggers an area of it that controls pleasure. I don't really remember the details, but I guess that's why people get addicted to smoking.

But of course, if a person you really care about is smoking, you should try these 3 steps:

(1) Show them that you care. Yeah, that's right. Don't scold them or anything.
    (2) Tell them that it's dangerous to their health. I know many commercial break say that, but they should really hear it from someone who cares.

And finally:

(3) Always be there to help them. I can't say much on this, LOL.

Anyway, I just got that from the TV show itself, but I believe that those three steps can really work.

mmhmm.

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't smoke and don't like smoke. Tht doesnt mean I discriminate against it. I don't mind that others do it, as long as they don't do it around me. I just think smoking is wrong and disgusting
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Otaku kimchi24 may be famous one day kimchi24 may be famous one day
    Thanks

in my contry [korea] its the same as Canada or USA. its all teh same even the part about peopel being addicted. my afther was a big ass smoker and when i hugged him he smelled liek 1000 packs of cigz. now i asked him to quit.
    his response was," i would, but i can't"
    popel dont want to smoke somtimes but thier addiction is too srtong. they may had smoke a few times but then get addicted its not his fault. thats my opinoin

I praise the one who is able to win it all and still live for it...[/CENTER

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

I dont care if smokers want to ruin their bodies, I cant judge them. The only problem I have with them is, WHY do they have to smoke right outside the entrance to a building. I live in Utah and there is a 25 feet rule. Smokers have to stand 25 feet from the entrace, but they never do. Especially in the winter. They stand right next to the door so that they can stay warmer or something. ITS THE SAME TEMPERATURE 2 FEET FROM THE BUILDING AS IT IS 25 FEET!!!! Ugh so stupid. I guess that was a given since they started smoking in the first place. But I mean dont get me wrong Im not saying they should outlaw smoking. This is America and people have the right to make that choice. There is a new law here that says people cant smoke in public places like parks. I think it is rude to smoke in a park full of kids and animals and people, but I also think that it is their right to be able to. The parks are not for just non-smokes, they are for everyone. Making it illegal is a lazy way of eliminating park smokers. Instead I think they should post signs reminding people that it is rude. Neither the law or signs will stop them anyway.

Newbie Seraphim Tears may be famous one day Seraphim Tears may be famous one day Seraphim Tears's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally loathe smoking!! It's an ugly habit! I really wish people woundn't smoke, so they won't get cancer or hurt others with second hand smoking. It's dangerous. Doesn't anyone watch the TRUTH commercials??
    Live life to the fullest and never stop.

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Sad thing is, pretty much everything is unhealthy these days. Breathing our own air will probably kill us because of the pollution. The foods we eat are practically all processed. Everything will give us cancer.

Newbie DarkRoseofHell is off to a good start
    Thanks

Sadly, to some extent that is pretty true.

I personally don't like smokers but I know I can't really do a lot to make them stop.

To note, if you really think smoking is bad, like what cobra said, our air is polluted beyond reason it also gives us cancer, our food has chemicals not originally found (ahem... GMO). A lot of "mass" produced items and products usually aren't natural and have a lot of random junk you really don't want to know what they are. If you like McDonalds and you eat it a lot, it's really not different considering that McDonalds stuff is also really screwed up and unhealthy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast