Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

Smoking, a disgusting, horrid habit. Cigarettes are meant for peoples 18 and older, right, explain to me why I see more kids under the age of 15 smoking than adults smoking. I see it everywhere, I mean who are they trying to impress? It's clearly a pathetic attempt for attention because they expect others to look at them and think they're cool. I just simply don't understand why kids do it. My Mother told me she has smoked since she was 15 and now she's 50 and she smokes more than ever, nearly two packs a day. I go to a school where the KIDS are allowed smoke breaks in between classes and all I hear before that time is "Dude, I need a f*cking butt" there's people constantly interrupting classes to ask their friends for cigarettes. Sometimes when they all go out and smoke I hear hacking more than talking, at times I can't even tell due to the smoke cloud that engulfs them in their own poison. So, why do they do it, and don't give me "because they pick up from their parents".

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

re: Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

It's not that the smokers think they're cool, it's just that nicotene can get addicting as hell. I was addicted to cigarettes back in high school myself.
    Almost everyone I know smokes and most of them can't go a day without 5-6 cigarettes at least. When I was 14-17, I was like that too. My parents would buy packs for me all the time, so I had plenty to smoke. When I didn't have em, I bummed them off of friends.

Trust me in saying when I smoked like that back then,I sure as hell didn't think of looking cool. I was thinking,"Damn, I needs me a smoke cause my brain wants nicotene!".
    Nicotene, though, lowers my blood pressure too low and I can feel like shit if I smoke too many. Drowsy.........

I've since found a better type of smoke for me since then. When I work, I still want a cig or two, though.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    It's not that the smokers think they're cool, it's just that nicotene can get addicting as hell. I was addicted to cigarettes back in high school myself.
    Almost everyone I know smokes and most of them can't go a day without 5-6 cigarettes at least. When I was 14-17, I was like that too. My parents would buy packs for me all the time, so I had plenty to smoke. When I didn't have em, I bummed them off of friends.

Trust me in saying when I smoked like that back then,I sure as hell didn't think of looking cool. I was thinking,"Damn, I needs me a smoke cause my brain wants nicotene!".
    Nicotene, though, lowers my blood pressure too low and I can feel like shit if I smoke too many. Drowsy.........

I've since found a better type of smoke for me since then. When I work, I still want a cig or two, though.
    Though, as I mentioned in the beginning, it's still a terrible habit. And you know there's people out there who do it for that "I'm the shit" image.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

It annoys me to no end. Smoking is, to put it plain, the most unintelligent think on the face of the earth, and THAT is saying something. You pay money, to get health problems, and to become addicted to the source of the health problems...what...the...hell.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

But then again, isn't there a lotta unhealthy things out there we all take for granted? Say for example.......Fast Food.........Liquor.......Coffee.....Being Lazy.....Prescription Drugs.....I could go on.

I think smoking should be the least of our worries, and there are dumber things.....Choking Game anyone?
    Move Along.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    But then again, isn't there a lotta unhealthy things out there we all take for granted? Say for example.......Fast Food.........Liquor.......Coffee.....Being Lazy.....Prescription Drugs.....I could go on.

I think smoking should be the least of our worries, and there are dumber things.....Choking Game anyone?
    That's true, but what do you think influenced the "Choking game", stupid teens who think they're invincible when really it's just blatant ignorance and denial of stupidity, ah to be young.

Thanks

I agree what you are saying about teenage stupidity, though. I can remember things I wasn't necessarily proud to do as a teen, but..........Well, smoking could be one of them, but it was relatively minor compared to other dumb things.

But, in the end we all learn from all the dumb shit. Then,we get nostalgic about it.
    Move Along.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking is associated with being cool because people usually smoke in together.

For example at my work place, about 90% of people smoke. The bosses go outside together for their smoke breaks, they have a designated smoking area. When people smoke, they talk, become friends and so on.

Me being a non smoker, I miss out on things. I don't smoke with my bosses or the agents so I don't always get told about new things and such, until I hear it from someone else while I'm working.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast