Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

re: Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    But, in the end we all learn from all the dumb shit. Then,we get nostalgic about it.
    You think so, huh? There are only a select few who are fortunate enough to realize what they do can lead them to an early grave. There are those who seek fuel to their addiction and there are those who seek apathy and attention but they look in the wrong places. I'll admit I used to smoke also, I wasn't proud of it at all but I had the discipline to quit cold turkey. The further you go with you addiction the harder it is to quite. I am shamed because I used to smoke, and when I look at a kid my age doing it I think to myself (Man, that used to be me.)
    and now it's been a year since I've had one without ever being tempted by the presence, smell, or thought of cigarettes.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

re: Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

Well, this is just my insights based off my school, so don't go entirely analytical on me :P I'm going with just, the addiction idea for my area. I know people, good people that smoke even though I bet sure as hell they wouldn't/shouldn't. Then, there's also the people that are just high or stoned or whatever out of their minds and it doesn't even sadden me because they're already so far in that they can't be pulled out. I know this is a pretty bland statement, but the only smoker I know that I have any true sympathy for is my Grandmother of 80 years old. It just tears me apart that she's wasting her life with them and can't do anything to stop it.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

I encounter this with kids at my high school. They think they are cool and rebellious by doing it. They are also bad students, not that they get in trouble all the time, they just aren't smart, so put two and two together.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128 View Post
    I encounter this with kids at my high school. They think they are cool and rebellious by doing it. They are also bad students, not that they get in trouble all the time, they just aren't smart, so put two and two together.
    I don't think their smoking has much to do why they are bad academically. Maybe it could be though, seeing as how catching a drag is the one thing they will think about most during the day.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I just hate underage smokers and underage drinkers and druggies so I get really pissy.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Bhutan has gone tobacco free and it might not be a bad idea, though it will never happen in america. I hate how smokers leave cigerette butts around. It is gross and shows a false sense of entitlement. And those idiots who sued the tobacco companies because there poor decisions cuaght up with them and they got cancer. Hello the first time they smoked it probably didn't feel good and they kept it up.

Newbie SaiyukiSaiyen is off to a good start
    Thanks

Some smoke for the cool factor and that is mostly kids but then again only a small percentage do it for that image. Most smoke because of thier friends and the vast majority smoke due to the addiction.
    I myself smoke because I enjoy it even though I know its just slowly killing me and I can honestly say some of my best friends I met because of the smoking area at work and then later on on theh smoke deck outside my barracks in the navy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SaiyukiSaiyen For This Useful Post:

!beast (Nov 23, 2009)

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking is a selfish decision. Placing your need for "relaxing" over the feelings of others.
    even if they don't believe second hand smoking exists, the smell is still bad and does make other people uncomfortable.

And what is most disturbing is when smokers become parents, and they constantly smoke in the living room and in the car with their kids.

Yeah, you say it's your house and you can smoke wherever you want, but how about considering other people's feelings?
    maybe they don't want to smell like broken dreams?

Harsh? probably. from personal experience, so yeah it's a touchy subject.

like when i was 15, caught broncitis. really bad case, could barely move, had to stay home a week, in and out of the hospital, yeah. the doctor tells my dad, "hey, you should stop smoking around your daughter. she has broncitis." you know what he says?

"i don't know, Doc. i can't promise anything."

yeah.

grant it, not everyone is like my Dad, but when start talking about how they can smoke where they like, this, this and that, it brings up memories. . . memories that makes me think that all those reasons are excuses.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

Soshi Kitai (Nov 23, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast