Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Smoking, What's the Deal with That?

the underage smokers smoking not just they want attention...but,sometimes they have some trouble and wanna forget about it so,they try smoking....
    my friend also smoke but they smoke because he/her friend told to try it...they are so many kids nowadays influence by their friend to start smoking...my brother also a smoker,he was caught red-handed by my farther...that when he was in high school,and now he still smoking...

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    Smoking is a selfish decision. Placing your need for "relaxing" over the feelings of others.
    even if they don't believe second hand smoking exists, the smell is still bad and does make other people uncomfortable.

And what is most disturbing is when smokers become parents, and they constantly smoke in the living room and in the car with their kids.

Yeah, you say it's your house and you can smoke wherever you want, but how about considering other people's feelings?
    maybe they don't want to smell like broken dreams?

Harsh? probably. from personal experience, so yeah it's a touchy subject.

like when i was 15, caught broncitis. really bad case, could barely move, had to stay home a week, in and out of the hospital, yeah. the doctor tells my dad, "hey, you should stop smoking around your daughter. she has broncitis." you know what he says?

"i don't know, Doc. i can't promise anything."

yeah.

grant it, not everyone is like my Dad, but when start talking about how they can smoke where they like, this, this and that, it brings up memories. . . memories that makes me think that all those reasons are excuses.

i kindly disagree with your statement simply for the fact is that its their choice on what they want to do. And every person is different as to where their reasons lie about the things they do or participate in.
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

How can a plant kill so many people. Tabacco I mean can't we find a use for it like Coal for power. I don't care for smoking and I think that places such as restanuants I hope that smoking and tabacco will die out all together in the centry or one hundred years to come. I mean if you think about Ciggerets company could be consider Drug pushers from a different point of veiw...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    How can a plant kill so many people. Tabacco I mean can't we find a use for it like Coal for power. I don't care for smoking and I think that places such as restanuants I hope that smoking and tabacco will die out all together in the centry or one hundred years to come. I mean if you think about Ciggerets company could be consider Drug pushers from a different point of veiw...
    They ARE drug pushers. They're just corporate.
    They're very... professional about it. They make enough strong threats that they can't be fizzled out completely.

You do realize that there are only THREE (or was it two?) tobacco companies out there, don't you?
    We're not talking BIG companies, these three companies are the ONLY ones that exist. They make several brands of tobaccos to entice different tastes from different people, attract varying customers. Not only that, but they make it LOOK like a competition... friggin' oligopoly, so it's not exactly a monopoly.

Let's not forget their biggest threat. One (if not two... I really need to read up on my facts again) of the companies happen to hold MUCH MORE than cigarettes, so they hide behind their other products.

One of them is Philip Morris. Do you know what Phillip Morris is also known by? Altria.
    You know what Altria also sells?
    Capri Sun, Kool-Aid, Starbucks, Breyers Yogurt, Honey Bunches of Oats, Barnum's Animals, Cornnuts, Milk-bone, Altoids, Kraft Macaroni and cheese, and a whole lot more!

In fact, Phillip Morris once hid behind their brands as a defense. Once putting up in a magazine ad that if you got rid of them, you'd get rid of their other products too (they showed several famous brand name items on the ad).
    ...quite the threat.

Are they a drug pusher? Hell no, they're worse than that. They're a corporate power.

Thanks

They ARE drug pushers. They're just corporate.
    They're very... professional about it. They make enough strong threats that they can't be fizzled out completely.

You do realize that there are only THREE (or was it two?) tobacco companies out there, don't you?
    We're not talking BIG companies, these three companies are the ONLY ones that exist. They make several brands of tobaccos to entice different tastes from different people, attract varying customers. Not only that, but they make it LOOK like a competition... friggin' oligopoly, so it's not exactly a monopoly.

Let's not forget their biggest threat. One (if not two... I really need to read up on my facts again) of the companies happen to hold MUCH MORE than cigarettes, so they hide behind their other products.

One of them is Philip Morris. Do you know what Phillip Morris is also known by? Altria.
    You know what Altria also sells?
    Capri Sun, Kool-Aid, Starbucks, Breyers Yogurt, Honey Bunches of Oats, Barnum's Animals, Cornnuts, Milk-bone, Altoids, Kraft Macaroni and cheese, and a whole lot more!

In fact, Phillip Morris once hid behind their brands as a defense. Once putting up in a magazine ad that if you got rid of them, you'd get rid of their other products too (they showed several famous brand name items on the ad).
    ...quite the threat.

Are they a drug pusher? Hell no, they're worse than that. They're a corporate power.

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    That is why I am glad that food places, and other places are cutting out smoking altogether, don't people that smoke know that they will need help breathing in 40 years.
    Half of my family can't do anything with out a cancer stick in their hand and even after eating the have to light up grr..

I for one Don't Smoke, because I don't cut my life spam off by 10 years or my lungs

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

What's funny is that I keep hearing it's the smokers who are selfish for wanting to light up where they want.
    What if it's the anti-smoking nazis that are being more selfish? They want everyone to stop smoking. They want comprehensive smoking bans. They want their 80 yr old grandmas to give it up too. They want clean air.

They want so many things in order to continue hating on smokers, don't they? *shrug*

As far as clean air and lungs go, I'm sure there's more than tobacco smoke in the air that can play havok on the lungs.
    Emissions from cars, factories, natural gas ovens, whatever's that shit the planes keep leaving trails of in the sky, meth cookeries that can stink up a whole street or two...........Yeah, it probably isn't all big bad tobacco's fault.......

As far as the corporate thing goes........meh, there's worse corporations to worry about........but in the end, I couldn't care any less about them jew bastards.......
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Thanks

People they warned the public of smoking but some people will NOT LISTEN I guess when they have to carry a tank of air on the backs just help them get from one day
    to the next. Then I bet you they people will start saying if I did not smoke then I could beath on my on..

Smokers should have the lungs removed and then clean up then give to premature babys
    for those baby's that have no lugs yet. but scince has not got to that piont yet.
    oh well..

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, premature babies...........thank the gods for a mortality rate, right?

I've always wondered how to clean a set of lungs, though. I have had a few ideas myself, but I wouldn't patent them quite yet.

As far as science goes, why can't we just breed some brain dead organ donors?
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast