Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Soul or Brain, which is the real you?

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Soul or Brain, which is the real you?

The brain is a biological computer that houses eletrical synapsis that retain electrical charges. This "electrical" charge is unique to each individual. I concider this to be the physical embodiment of the soul.
    If you want to look at the brain as the computer that runs the body then you could look at the soul as the programing the runs the computer. Your brain is the biological 'wiring' and the chemical impulses are the 'electrical currents' then the soul is the 'code that responses to the input, calculates the reactions needed and sends back the needed answers and reactions.

As for transplanting the brain, It would be like taking your hard drive from one computer and putting it in another computer that has different wiring and schematics. The programs and 'memory' would be the same but reacting to the new types of input would ultimately change the way the programing worked.

Surgery on the brain is much the same as having your computer hard-drive repaired (the brain) you often times lose the stored information (the memory) to repair the problem and that changes the reactions of the computer to the programing (the soul) I mean how often have you heard someone complain that they had to get their computer fixed and that now it doesn't act the "same"?

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghattenpaw For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 22, 2008)

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Reincarnation is the act in which the soul goes from one life to the next. But, Karma determines where you end up in the next life.

Anyhow, I feel that the soul and the brain are one in the same to a degree. Really a brain is just another part of the human anatomy. It holds just as much signifigance as your pinky finger. When you start to think of your brain as the control panel to the rest of your body. You are already giving the brain credit for your souls hard work.

Einstein said if we used 100% of our brains capabilties... we would no longer NEED our brains (or bodies)! As we would be pure, self sustaining energy. That is what I believe the soul to be. The soul is resposible for everything important that goes on in the brain.
    Yes I agree with your statement on Karma, but the way atomik_sprout described Karma, sounded more like reincarnation then "Karma" to me, but that is not to say that atomik_sprout is wrong about calling his beliefs Karma, how many religion's in the world believe in God but have totally different way's of worshipping God, or what God is, a lot, that is why I said that atomik_sprout is entitled to his belief's even though it is different from how it is officially defined. Just like how you believe in souls being pure, self sustaining energy, someone might disagree with that defination and say that it is this that is a soul or no, it is this that makes a soul, everyone has different ideas and belief's about everything which is why the world is so interesting because everyone is unique and not a mindless drone walking the same and talking the same way,etc.(even though it might seem so sometimes). But I think that your belief of the soul is cool, it might be a little bit different then mine, but I think that it is it is cool and interesting

I like how everyone is letting loose and saying what they believe, let's keep having fun with this tread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 22, 2008)

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

Which is the real me? Soul or brain, huh. Well, it's really hard for me to say since I have no clue whether my brain is attached to my soul. When I expire, I know my brain will rot in the ground like the rest of my body. Although my spirit, it's still a bit sketchy for me to believe one way or the other. After my soul departs from my body, who is to say it will find another host to reside in? Will I still be me when I go into another body? Is my spirit even real or maybe it's just game over for me when I die? I was raised Catholic so there's strong belief in my family that the soul continues to live on even after my body no longer remains. Although I have no way of knowing whether that's true, I guess it's more of a positive way at looking at death. Maybe there will be an afterlife and maybe there won't be. Even if my soul wander for all eternity or finds another vessel, I still not certain whether to say if it's still going to be me. So unfortunately, I am undecided about whether my soul or brain is the true me. But if I were to choose, hopefully I would think that my soul is the real me since it's probably less vulnerable to being damaged compared to my brain.

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

well i got my own theory... what i think is that the brain is actualy the soul's phisical container... for example... if you get shot and bleed to death... you're brain will run out of oxigen and well...... you know what happenes next..you're soul leaves your body and stuff.
    and theres more... if your brain.. by any chance, gots another body.... i think you whould become EMO.. lol sry for the expression.. don't know how to explain it better... never been a person of many words.... EMO as in.. you start asking you'r self questions like.."an i really the same person" and such...

so basicaly i think

Brain = Souls container
    Braindead(as in medical therms) = soul leaves body

i have seen cases in witch people had like almost half of they're brains removed and well lived on... they had memmory losses for a time but they eventualy came back.. witch leads me to beleave that part of the persons soul left and ,well, came back when the container regained it's full function again..

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shin Ryuga For This Useful Post:

Franco (Aug 23, 2008)

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuinta View Post
    Which is the real me? Soul or brain, huh. Well, it's really hard for me to say since I have no clue whether my brain is attached to my soul. When I expire, I know my brain will rot in the ground like the rest of my body. Although my spirit, it's still a bit sketchy for me to believe one way or the other. After my soul departs from my body, who is to say it will find another host to reside in? Will I still be me when I go into another body? Is my spirit even real or maybe it's just game over for me when I die? I was raised Catholic so there's strong belief in my family that the soul continues to live on even after my body no longer remains. Although I have no way of knowing whether that's true, I guess it's more of a positive way at looking at death. Maybe there will be an afterlife and maybe there won't be. Even if my soul wander for all eternity or finds another vessel, I still not certain whether to say if it's still going to be me. So unfortunately, I am undecided about whether my soul or brain is the true me. But if I were to choose, hopefully I would think that my soul is the real me since it's probably less vulnerable to being damaged compared to my brain.
    That's fine that you are undecided on the question and uncertain about if their is a soul, that is a topic that human's have been wondering for ages about if their is a "soul" and will continue to wonder ages from now too, just like the other question's that go with it, like for example is their a God or is their a afterlife, these are the question and their is no answer (because the only real way to find these answer's is to die and come back to life, too bad we are not cats and don't have nine life's) for them except the belief in these thing's. I too was born into a VERY Catholic family, however I came to my belief's on my own, yes, I might of had a push or direction from my family to those belief's but is was my own self that choose my own belief's about the soul. Even though we don't have scientific proof to support the idea of a soul, I choose to have faith that in the end when I die that my soul is the real me and that when I am dead and buried for worm food, that my soul will live on some where else other then a cold casket. Isn't it better to have faith that their is a soul then knowing that once you die you are just worm food or ashes (creamation) and that is it, I would choose my faith in a soul over that any day in the week.

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well the way I see it is like this. Your Brain is your Physical Imprint on reality where as your soul is the Immaterial Imprint on reality. Both are needed to maintain each other.

A body with just a brain is little more than a robot, able to do things, but with no real passion or form of creativity (Much like shop assistants).
    A soul that isn't connected to a Brain however, is like energy for want of a better expression. It has the potential for feelings, but without a Brain to convey and process situations, it cannot absorb, express or understand differances in emotional states.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffin For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 24, 2008)

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Even thou that body is a shell, when you try to attach your body to another body there are many cases where your body won't state attached.

The body can still live on even when brain dead, the heart continues to beat. I believe that once the brain dies, the soul goes with it. Thats why when you faint you wake up with a huge headache.

But it's just a opinion. I don't think you should go transfering peoples lives into anothers mind. It'd be trouble.

- K.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

no, in my beilefs your soul is most important even though you forget this life when you travel on. The soul takes all the instintics, feeling, and emotions when you connect to another body.

The body is just the shell that protects it. Even though you can survive basically as a vegetable because your brian is alive, its just on vacation or broken. It depends on the situation. While when you die your soul just goes to where it needs to be

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast