+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Speech!

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Speech!

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible." These are the words of George Washington and I wholeheartedly agree. Hi, my name is Meghan _________ and I want to tell you just how important God is in our legal system,government, and schools.

"The moral of the country is deeply engrafted upon Christianity, and not upon the doctrines or worship of other religions. In people whose manners are refined, and whose morals have been elevated and inspired with a more enlarged benevolence, it is by means if the Christian religion. This first amendment declaration never meant to withdraw religion, and with it the sanctions of moral and social obligation from all consideration and notice of law. Whatever strikes at the root of Christianity tends manifestly to the dissolution of civil government, because it tends to corrupt the morals of the people, and to destroy good order.
    An attack on Jesus Christ was an attack on Christianity,and an attack on Christianity was an attack on the FOUNDATION of our Country. Therefore an attack on Jesus christ was equivalent to an attack on our country."
    This quote is from William Bradford.

So for us to take Jesus and the Bible out of schools and take God out of the pledge of allegiance is forgetting why it was there in the first place!
    What if we were to take away anything and everything that had to do with God? What would we have left? We would have nothing.
    At the constitutional Convention of 1787, James Madison proposed the plan to divide the central government into three branches. He discovered this model of government from the PERFECT governor, as he read Isaiah 33:22;"For the Lord is our Judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our King;He will save us."

"What students would learn in American schools above all is the religion of Jesus Christ."
    Quote by George Washington

Our founding father put God in our country for a reason, to teach Everyone of Christ and of the Ten Commandments.
    Think about it, if we were all brought up in Christ and of his Word, would there be as many Theives,murderers,rapists,terrorists? What about Abortianists?

America is the land of the free.

Freedom TO worship not FROM worship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OI VEY! This is the speech I had to write for speech class that I promised I would post up. ALTHOUGH This is really short and it isn't that great..at all, I made this for the National Day of Prayer and it could only be like a minute long because thats all they wanted at the little thing I went to. So it's short Sweet and to the point.

I'm sorry, I know most of you were waiting for the imfamous JLI to totally kill an audience with this huge speech that pounded in people's hearts, and I assure you that the next one I write for my class will be such. It's just this is what I was Required to do this time ^.^" Sorry again.

WELL the reason I posted this up in this section is so that yous mugs could not only read it but DISCUSS IT! Woooo hooo...Soooo yes since its not very long I thought you guys might like to discuss it to MAKE it longer Hehehe. So Discuss away and don't leave disappointed please!!!!!

Thanks for reading my nonsense and I will see you kitty's and cats a later^.^

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Otaku ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speech!

Ya know, Christanity and such that worship the one God aren't necessarilly the best religions to follow, nor the only ones that may cut down on theives, murderers, rapists, terrorists, or abortianists. You say "Freedom TO worship not FROM worship", yet why shouldn't we get to choose our religions? We shouldn't be forced to follow one and only one. What about Wicca? Their Creed, summed up: "An it harm none, do what ye will". That is short and sweet, and covers the 10Commandments just as well. Am I wrong? If you think about what you are going to do, and the question you should always ask is, "Will it hurt anyone?" And not just ppl you may know, but anyone who may be affected. That's a pretty good way to live, and the Lady or Lord(In Wicca, you can worship both or only one) don't threaten you with eternal damnation if you don't worship them and only them. You just get what you gave in life either when you're alive, or when you get to the eternal afterlife or reincarnation(Wicca doesn't specifically believe in ONLY these ends, it's open for your own beliefs). This is my opinion.
    Treat me like an angel, and I'll be your little devil.

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

Not another topic about god!
    Look I understand morals are need for the law and so on.
    Guess what I know a few cases were moral has failed.
    Ok ready.
    Girl+Party=R@P Case
    Jury find the defendent guilty.
    One year later they found out SHE Lied on the guy!
    (Get the picture)
    Law should be just that, Law.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, Heheheheheheh See here is where I think the problem of my speech not being big enough comes in ^.^

You see, if I couldv'e made it longer I wouldv'e gone on and on to say what I needed to say to better help understand why I said what I said in that speech I made already.

The Pilgrims came here To Be ABLE to worship under the religion that there is but One God whether you be Catholic, Baptist ,Christian, whatever.
    This whole speech is about AMERICA and not the whole world.
    So just remember to keep that in mind although it would be neat if this COULD go for the whole world..but thats just my opinion.

So, now in todays world we are trying to take God out of our Pledge and legal system and what not, Me and my brothers had to make these little speeches about why we need to keep God IN! Even if your not Christian. But being brought up by the Christian PRINCIPLES.

Ten Commandments for example, Now I know no matter what that there WILL ALWAYS be Murderers rapists and so forth..But would there AS MANY if we were ALL brought up better?
    I mean sure there would still be rebels.

Point is is that by saying that our founding fathers didn't MEAN to come here with God in the front lines of their calling and what they were seeking, is lies, look up some quotes from William Bradford and George washington.

People today are saying that "Well since they didn't really care if God was apart of what they were then why should we?" Is nonsense..because in fact they DID want God apart of their lives and part of their new found country.

And that my friend is what the argument is about. Thats the main thesis.

EDIT!

P.S. I only really made this thread because it was a promise to a couple friends to post up my "Speech" ^.^
    Last edited by JustLoseIt; May 16, 2006 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I do agree on your speculation that American citizens should be brought up by the influence of good morals. However I disagree with you on your statement that religious influence should be kept in our schools, our government, and laws. Mind you though that I say this for all religions, not just Christianity. Also your statement of "Freedom TO worship not FROM worship" is completely unregenerate. Are you saying that Americans should be forced into worshiping a god which to them may be considered false? I find this to be out of arrogance. The people are perfectly able to govern themselves without the aid of religious influence with common sense and logic. You may say that it was God who bestowed common sense and logic unto humans. However I believe it was through evolution that we gained these attributes, so should I be forced to worship God simply becuase you confide yourself in the religion? This a free country, free to worship, or to not worship at all. Get the facts straight, there can be no freedom without complete freedom.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 17, 2006 at 09:11 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada's Avatar
    well this could be a stretch but i think im in a house
    Thanks

I belive that the founders of our country (america) were inspired men. and that inspiration came from god. i belive that without the morals that religion teaches this country will fall to peices. already its seeing quite a lot of wickedness. i belive that if everyone could just obey the ten commandments our world would be heaven on earth. so hating on something so pure sounds so evil. basically i agree with JustLoseIt. and george washington ROCKS
    OH CANADA MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND!!! *although i live in NOR CAL
    To all u Rockers out there... Rock on
    AO Fan Clan

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    I do agree on your speculation that American citizens should be brought up by the influence of good morals. However I disagree with you on your statement that religious influence should be kept in our schools, our government, and laws. Mind you though that I say this for all religions, not just Christianity. Also your statement of "Freedom TO worship not FROM worship" is completely out of line. Are you saying that Americans should be forced into worshiping a god which to them may be considered false? I find this to be out of great arrogance. The people are perfectly able to govern themselves without the aid of religious influence with common sense and logic. You may say that it was God who bestowed common sense and logic unto humans. However I believe it was through evolution that we gained these attributes, so should I be forced to worship God simply becuase you confide yourself in the religion? This a free country, free to worship, or to not worship at all. Get the facts straight, there can be no freedom without complete freedom.
    Though why should the ppl who believe in god be skrewd over. If ppl dont like to say the pledge or whatever, they can choose to not participate, and sit at their desk quietly. This is a country mostly made up of christians. We aint forcein them into nothing. So why should we be treated like that just to please a few?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Though why should the ppl who believe in god be skrewd over. If ppl dont like to say the pledge or whatever, they can choose to not participate, and sit at their desk quietly. This is a country mostly made up of christians. We aint forcein them into nothing. So why should we be treated like that just to please a few?
    You are in no way being "skrewd" over (excuse my mockery of your spelling ), and I am confused at how you came to such a conclusion. However the whole point of eliminating religious teachings and activities from schools is to eliminate religious exclusion. Why should someone be excluded from saying the pledge of allegiance because someone decided to assume every American was Christian? Or be forced into proclaiming a faith they don't believe in? If the pledge of allegiance had an Islamic preference I doubt many people would be reciting for that reason. Thus the reason for taking it out, to eliminate uneccessary religous segregation. For example, instead of making a "Christian" fair and excluding others from it simply becuase they don't believe in god why not make it just, a fair? That way no one is exlcuded or put in an uncomfortable situation becuase of a religious theme or preference.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 17, 2006 at 09:10 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast