+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Speech!

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speech!

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Though by doing that you are offending the ppl that beleive in god like me. If you can't stand to just stand up and honor another belief, what does it say about yours. It ain't like hearing god in the pledge will convert you.
    Yes, and by including religion in schools you are offending people with other beliefs, so if there is no religion there is no offense to anyone except those few ilogical extremists. Why should people be forced to participate in a religious action that does not pertain to them just becuase people like you wish to be honored? I find that thinking to be very ilogical and against the term "free country", mind you we are a free contry to worship, but not to force our religious preferences onto others.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 24, 2006 at 04:02 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Though by doing that you are offending the ppl that beleive in god like me. If you can't stand to just stand up and honor another belief, what does it say about yours. It ain't like hearing god in the pledge will convert you.
    Don't get me wrong your greatness kastelic4444(Not meant to be mean) I personally am not offended by using any religion in the school system. I have in fact been to many different church's to participate in my friends religious beliefs.(Christian, Catholic, and Morman.) I don't wish to offend anyone in any way. But the point is teach facts and facts that can be proven. If something is not able to be proven without a doubt by either science or religion, don't teach it. I aslo think that you should have religious subjects allowed in school. But main classes should have nothing to do with religion. It's a touch subject obviously. But everything in America is moving to be tailored to each individual. That way it has everyone's intrest in it without offending anyone else. And as you said. If you cant respect the fact that someone else does not believe in the same god as you and is offended by having those beliefs taught in school, than that also says the same of your beliefs. You have to keep an open mind and heart to others. Not to sound lame.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Yes, and by including religion in schools you are offending people with other beliefs, so if there is no religion there is no offense to anyone except those few ilogical extremists. Why should people be forced to participate in a religious action that does not pertain to them to just becuase people like you wish to be honored? I find that thinking to be very ilogical and against the term "free country", mind you we are a free contry to worship, but not to force our religious preferences onto others.
    They really dont have to take part in it. They can just sit at their desk. Well it a no win situation. You say "including religion in schools you are offending people with other beliefs", and i say by removing stuff from it. Its like a slap in the face to my beliefs, so in turn im offended. How are we forcing it on others? No one says they have to stand and say the pledge.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

They really dont have to take part in it. They can just sit at their desk. Well it a no win situation. You say "including religion in schools you are offending people with other beliefs", and i say by removing stuff from it. Its like a slap in the face to my beliefs, so in turn im offended. How are we forcing it on others? No one says they have to stand and say the pledge.
    I beg to differ, how is neutrality a no-win situation? Also I believe I have already made a few very explanatory posts on why religious preferences should be taken out of schools, so I will use them as a reply. I am not sure which one works best so that is why I am including them both.

The whole point of eliminating religious teachings and activities from schools is to eliminate religious exclusion. Why should someone be excluded from saying the pledge of allegiance because someone decided to assume every American was Christian? Or be forced into proclaiming a faith they don't believe in? If the pledge of allegiance had an Islamic preference I doubt many people would be reciting for that reason. Thus the reason for taking it out, to eliminate uneccessary religous segregation. For example, instead of making a "Christian" fair and excluding others from it simply becuase they don't believe in god why not make it just, a fair? That way no one is exlcuded or put in an uncomfortable situation becuase of a religious theme or preference.
    And -

Decreasing the instances of a religious preference is just another way our nation is becoming neutral/equal towards all citizens and what they believe in. For instance the pledge of allegiance; having something included in it that makes a religous preference to God is like saying to someone who is Budhist "your beliefs don't exist, God is the only God" when they are asked to say it. So by taking it out it becomes neutral and equal towards all religions, or non religious beliefs. When we say our country has equal rights, it also pertains to religion. So the only way to become equal towards all religions is to have as little religous preference as possible as a nation. Although I must admit America is obviously a Christian nation, but the statistics are slowly changing as more and more immigrants come in, thus the need for neutrality when it comes to religious preferences.
    My apologies if you do not find these adequate enough for you.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

So it is quite possible to say the world would be better off without religion with it's conflicts and restrictions.
    Lol! World will be better off without ignorant people, and if all were to accept the impeccable truth: God is one!!!! Conflicts are brought about by one's own foolishness, not by religions and Gods. But, I know what you mean. ^_^

As to the main question, I firmly believe that it is important to hold importance in the Divine God in all aspects of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Lol! World will be better off without ignorant people
    Ah, good observation, however some religions are also the cause of ignorance -
    Religion is also is good source for ignorance; were it not for the religious deffiances of Galileo or Capernicus we would have never known that the earth was not the center of the universe, as stated by the religious leaders of the time
    So which are we better off without, the source of ignorance, or ignorance itself?

That is all I'm going to say about your post, though I would have more were it for how highly I think of you, oh wise monk.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 24, 2006 at 05:12 PM.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, good observation, however some religions are also the cause of ignorance -

So which are we better off without, the source of ignorance, or ignorance itself?

That is all I'm going to say about your post, though I would have more were it for how highly I think of you oh wise monk .
    As to your first statement, I kind of agree, but you must realize that some religious texts are modified by humans, so that lead to ignorance, not the words of God.

Oh, the source of ignorance is one's own self, and to slay away one's own ignorance, self-realization must first be attained. ^_^ Change must be brought within, and each must seek way to bring their own change, without the help of others. Actually, all will be better off, if all were to attain salvation and enlightenment. lol. Anyway! This is going off topic, so let's lay it to rest.

Mind you, I won't be blinded by false flattery. Haha. Kidding. ^_^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    As to your first statement, I kind of agree, but you must realize that some religious texts are modified by humans, so that lead to ignorance, not the words of God.

Oh, the source of ignorance is one's own self, and to slay away one's own ignorance, self-realization must first be attained. ^_^ Change must be brought within, and each must seek way to bring their own change, without the help of others. Actually, all will be better off, if all were to attain salvation and enlightenment. lol. Anyway! This is going off topic, so let's lay it to rest.

Mind you, I won't be blinded by false flattery. Haha. Kidding. ^_^
    I know you said this is getting off topic but I just wanted to say I am very satisfied with your answer . And I assure you my flattery is most sincere . OK, I'm done now. Please find it within your heart to have mercy on me *bows*, oh wise one.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 24, 2006 at 05:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast